Hardlight Shield

X - Does this guy (the one to the right) survive?

I ask because I’m wondering whether or not the Hardlight Shield will survive a single rocket. I hope it does.

It should naturally break from the impact, and the player’s shields should be completely depleted, but I do feel that the player should survive. That way we can have one form of “counter-measure” when there are Rocket Launchers on the map.

I’ve got some other, less important, questions regarding the Hardlight Shield as well, like:

• Can people shoot your feet or any other part of you while you are directly in front of them?

• Assuming they can shoot your feet, will crouching with it protect you from grenades that lie in front of you?

• Will Plasma Grenades stick to them or bounce of the shield akin to the Jackal’s shield?

• And speaking of the devil, will plasma-based weapons (and hardlight-based weapons for that matter) be more effective against it compared to ballistic weapons?

• Are we able to sprint whilst using it?

• X - Does this ability last until canceled/the shield breaks or does it have a meter that depletes?

• Assuming you don’t need to hold in the AA button to use it, will it cancel itself upon using the fire/sprint/melee/throw grenade button or would you have to cancel the shield using the AA button?

• Can you melee with it?

• How much punishment can it take? (I’ve only seen it in Spartan Ops, and the AI usually deal more damage than the players do)

I intend to put a green or red X in front of each of my questions as they are confirmed or denied. I’d also appreciate it greatly if you would offer me any and all footage of this specific ability.

Before anyone asks, the reason I’m so interested in this subject is because I’ve been wanting to use a Point Defense Gauntlets ever since I first tried Halo, back in my childhood. Suffice to say, I am very excited about this.

Reserved for footage.

You should try shooting those questions here.

More likely to get an official response.

> You should try shooting those questions here.
>
> More likely to get an official response.

Thank you. I’ll ask some of the most important ones there, thought I doubt it’ll end up in a bulletin.

> > You should try shooting those questions here.
> >
> > More likely to get an official response.
>
> Thank you. I’ll ask some of the most important ones there, thought I doubt it’ll end up in a bulletin.

You never know. I’m sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but someone’s question has to end up in the Bulletin. I think BS Angel is gonna read all of the questions and include the best ones (that she’s allowed to answer) in the Bulletin. There’s always a chance.

Yes that guy woulc survive. 343 said things reflect off of shields.

> > > You should try shooting those questions here.
> > >
> > > More likely to get an official response.
> >
> > Thank you. I’ll ask some of the most important ones there, thought I doubt it’ll end up in a bulletin.
>
> You never know. I’m sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but someone’s question has to end up in the Bulletin. I think BS Angel is gonna read all of the questions and include the best ones (that she’s allowed to answer) in the Bulletin. There’s always a chance.

Thanks, that actually does give me a feeling of reassurance ^^

> Yes that guy woulc survive. 343 said things reflect off of shields.

Woah!? Are you saying that there’s a chance that rocket will be repelled back at the guy to the left?

I hope it doesn’t become a replacement for Armor Lock.

I think he will survive a rocket, but I hope the Spartan Laser will still kill even with the shield, as it is the holy grail of power weapons, and should really be completely unstoppable IMHO.

> I hope it doesn’t become a replacement for Armor Lock.

I doubt it will.

Armor Lock slowed down gameplay something fiercely by allowing you to become completely immune to any form of damage for several seconds. The Hardlight Shield can and will be broken from sustained or excessive fire relatively quickly it seems, and doesn’t even last as long as Armor Lock by the looks of it.

Let’s also not forget that the user is subject to flanking maneuvers, which should prove exceptionally useful as the user’s movement seems to be impaired.