Hardlight Sheild

Anyone else notice the severe motion delay after they exit the Hardlight Sheild Armor Ability, This forum is in response to 343i to hopefully either fix the motion delay so sprint is available immediately after armor ability use or the ability to walk/strafe normal speed while using hardlight sheild that way it is as competitive as the other armor abilities.

Or allow Sheild regeneration while using the ability Hardlight Sheild.

You just gave me an Idea for a minigame. thank you

I thought hardlight would be able to block a splatter from a ghost/warthog :confused:

Sadly that’s not the case for some reason…

There’s no option for “neither”. I’ve played plenty of games where I get some guy’s shields down, and he immediately pulls out the shield before my next burst and uses it to get behind cover. I personally think it’s fine as is, considering if you’re even somewhat near cover you’ll easily get into it before the shield runs out.

The movement reduction penalty I can understand. It’s when I respawn that the very same penalty is still applied to me is when I start to get bothered.

Too many times have I been killed almost instantly upon respawning, simply because I was moving at half speed and couldn’t avoid it.

There’s also a pretty sick delay after using it before you can melee or shoot also, thus rendering the ability pretty much useless unless you have a friend right beside you to save your backside. I would have thought the idea of it was to skillfully block an incoming attack, then try to counter it or evade the next one in order to return fire… not be stuck standing there with your thumb in your pooper waiting for the enemy to finish you off… But that’s just my 2 cents… I thought it was supposed to be something a little more useful. (Not to say that it is useless, but it is pretty close to being just that due to the long delay between putting it away and being able to do anything else at all. There are very few specific situations that it will help much.)

> The movement reduction penalty I can understand. It’s when I respawn that the very same penalty is still applied to me is when I start to get bothered.
>
> Too many times have I been killed almost instantly upon respawning, simply because I was moving at half speed and couldn’t avoid it.

It seems like if you die when using an ability, that ability’s side effects continue until you activate it. Annoying, but it seems to happen with everything (such as AvCam’s reduced sounds).