Hardest fights on LASO without skipping

Can you name some of them? Preferably with no Brutes involved. I want to defeat them.

So far, I have worked with the following.

WC: 2 Zealots
TotS: sword Elite
LNoS: last 4 Elites
PoA: 4 Zealots + Field Marshal

To me, it’s a great pleasure discovering AI similarity to AI in CE.

I have utilized the power of proximity and positioning in most Halo games (CE: nearly every level; AI basically lined up to be shot or assassinated, H2: Cairo bomb room, H3: Crow’s Nest bomb room), but this one’s my toughest and most entertaining challenge as of yet.

Without skipping? I’d have to say pretty much all of Nightfall. If you don’t do the Forklift Glitch, everything after that is pretty much impossible.

I’d be really interested to see you do this. Good luck.

The battle leading to the MAC platform. The heretics, grunts, jackals>hunters skrimishers part drove me nuts a couple times.

Then the actual platform battle, though that has brute.

Lnos, without getting into the turret.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Keep the replies coming!

> Without skipping? I’d have to say pretty much all of Nightfall. If you don’t do the Forklift Glitch, everything after that is pretty much impossible.
>
> I’d be really interested to see you do this. Good luck.

I almost forgot about that segment! The Rangers and Elites aren’t what makes this part brutal. 2 of the Elites will come right at you and the Rangers can be clip shot. It’s the damn Shade turrets that presented massive threat to me.

Thanks!

> The battle leading to the MAC platform. The heretics, grunts, jackals>hunters skrimishers part drove me nuts a couple times.
>
> Then the actual platform battle, though that has brute.
>
> Lnos, without getting into the turret.

I was hoping the Hunter battle wouldn’t be mentioned.

Besides using an exploit (saving marines in the previous area and getting them to reload a rocket launcher), I definitely had a difficult time trying to beat those -Yoinks!-.

> This is exactly what I was looking for. Keep the replies coming!
>
>
>
> > Without skipping? I’d have to say pretty much all of Nightfall. If you don’t do the Forklift Glitch, everything after that is pretty much impossible.
> >
> > I’d be really interested to see you do this. Good luck.
>
> I almost forgot about that segment! The Rangers and Elites aren’t what makes this part brutal. 2 of the Elites will come right at you and the Rangers can be clip shot. It’s the damn Shade turrets that presented massive threat to me.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
> > The battle leading to the MAC platform. The heretics, grunts, jackals>hunters skrimishers part drove me nuts a couple times.
> >
> > Then the actual platform battle, though that has brute.
> >
> > Lnos, without getting into the turret.
>
> I was hoping the Hunter battle wouldn’t be mentioned.
>
> Besides using an exploit (saving marines in the previous area and getting them to reload a rocket launcher), I definitely had a difficult time trying to beat those -Yoinks!-.

The Hunters seem to have starship-grade armor in LASO. Good luck with that one.

the end of POA and probably all off LNOS

god i hate those 2

> the end of POA and probably all off LNOS
>
> god i hate those 2

End of PoA as in?

As for LNoS, I think Tyrant already has that covered. I could give the last few battles a try though.

You guys know that any battle with an elite on LASO is much easier than you think? Apart from the field marshall, you can just sprint up to any elite, dance with them, and get the assassination. And since the tilt and black eye skulls are on, you’ll keep regaining shields when trying to back smack them.

For me the hardest part without skipping would be the very beginning of Nightfall, or the two Boneyard sections on PoA.

The part in PoA where you rise the mongoose through the droppods and scarabs, go through there on foot and kill everything you can.

> You guys know that any battle with an elite on LASO is much easier than you think? Apart from the field marshall, you can just sprint up to any elite, dance with them, and get the assassination. And since the tilt and black eye skulls are on, you’ll keep regaining shields when trying to back smack them.
>
> For me the hardest part without skipping would be the very beginning of Nightfall, or the two Boneyard sections on PoA.

One does not simply walk up to a Reach Elite. Often they’re surrounded by more Elites or by Grunts and Jackals.

You have to draw them out from their safe area or draw them towards you to get the assassination. The dance is very risky given their freakishly OP melee.

Anyways, I’m now working with Nightfall. Starting from rally point bravo, Forklift skip. Now it’s a brutal journey to the cutscene area… first Elite was easy. The next 2 Elites might be easy as well.

There’s an annoying teleport once the game spawns the Hunters but by delaying a cp, it’s in the past now.

Ok, I’ve finally done it. Must have taken me at least 10 segments and 200 tries. I can see why people like to skip this part. Definitely not worth it.

No position exploiting is available in this area so I used clip shooting for 4 Elites (2 at second Shade turret, 2 Rangers) and dealt with the others in cqc (seems Tilt skull weakens Elite melee damage as well).

Vid will be up once my Xbox 360 has cooled down (damn summer weather).

I had the most problem with The Package, the part where you have to defend Halsey while she’s preparing the Package.

> I had the most problem with The Package, the part where you have to defend Halsey while she’s preparing the Package.

That would suck so bad for me…guess I’d get a wraith.

My Nightfall attempt was unpolished and hard to follow so I’ll be redoing it.

Nightfall’s dark zone… conquered, Legendary with 10 skulls on (segmented of course).

Very excruciating.

Enemies weren’t the problem at all. The problem is that Reach is so graphics heavy; half the time, weapons that I picked up then dropped disappeared. In prior tests, I even put them on clear patches of dirt just to make sure I didn’t lose track of them.

What could have taken me less than 15 minutes took me hours because of this.

> > I had the most problem with The Package, the part where you have to defend Halsey while she’s preparing the Package.
>
> That would suck so bad for me…guess I’d get a wraith.

I’ve done that 2 ways. 1st Jack a banshee kill things

the second I was playing online with a friend and had horrible lag so I sat behind turret C or D it the one to your left looking out from the point you need to defend. I just sat behind it using it as cover and keep it up :S if i tried moving I would just get basted from every direction and I couldn’t control my movements properly due to lag.

> Nightfall’s dark zone… conquered, Legendary with 10 skulls on (segmented of course).
>
> Very excruciating.
>
> Enemies weren’t the problem at all. The problem is that Reach is so graphics heavy; half the time, weapons that I picked up then dropped disappeared. In prior tests, I even put them on clear patches of dirt just to make sure I didn’t lose track of them.
>
> What could have taken me less than 15 minutes took me hours because of this.

Nicely done! That couldn’t have been easy. I can guarantee I never could’ve done it.