Hard Light

I was thinking the Forerunners or Prometheans I mean use hard light weapons but I would think because it’ is light it wouldn’t do much damage because light has no weight to it

I can’t speak for whatever space magic is being used to make light “hard”, but while photons do not have mass, they do have momentum. It’s based on the inverse of their wavelength instead. Pack enough photons together it will have some punch.

Also, there’s nothing stopping light from doing damage. Ever put a leaf under a magnifying glass in broad sunlight or see a laser CnC in action?

> 2533274869271738;2:
> I can’t speak for whatever space magic is being used to make light “hard”, but while photons do not have mass, they do have momentum. It’s based on the inverse of their wavelength instead. Pack enough photons together it will have some punch.
>
> Also, there’s nothing stopping light from doing damage. Ever put a leaf under a magnifying glass in broad sunlight or see a laser CnC in action?

I’m pretty sure this is how it works, hence why you are designated when killed with them. But idk much about the promethian lore

If it’s anything like the sentinel beam, the light that comes out burns at thousands of degrees. Enough to cook you from the inside out.

Funny flying robot laser goes “NYEERREEURM” and shreds your shields. Otherwise, “hard light” is just the concept of light projected so intensely that it’s physical. In the case of the prometheans/forerunners, they were so good at making badass guns that they could just do it whenever they wanted.

A number of the promethean weapons are actually anti-matter, just using hardlight to contain it since its presumably non-reactive with it.

You should watch the beginning of this video. It won’t answer all questions but it might “shed some light” on it.

The way I understand it hardlight would give damage because it actually does carry some weight, it’s solid matter.
If you can stand on hardlight I assume that it would also deal some impact if it’s thrown at you with momentum. But that’s just a guess.

I don’t think it’s more to the with force, but to do with the excessive heat of the sentinel beam, just like a laser or the sun.