Hard light Bridge- Forge Scripting Question

Hey guys, I’ve been having problems with Halo 5’s Forge Scripting.

I’ve figured out how to make doors open/close, but I want to know how I can make a hard light bridge spawn/despawn as many times as I want.

Usually when I try to make one, the items either won’t do what I intend, the game crashes, or they clone themselves and I have an object that doesn’t exist (which causes the game to crash)

TL;DR- Can someone give me a detailed way to make hard light bridges spawn/despawn as many times necessary?

The way I’ve gotten things to be infinitely spawnable/despawnable or move/reset is to use two separate buttons. Button A, Button B.

Button A, Spawns/Moves
Button B, Despawns/Replaces

Set Button B to despawn upon match start [In object properties] (prevent actions from being initiated in wrong order, breaking the map).
Place Button A and Button B in the exact same location (on top of each other so only one is visible - phased).

With button A, include in its scripting - depending on how you do it (on message received/sent/on interaction, etc) Spawn Button B.
With Button B, include in its scripting - depending on how you do it (on message received/sent/on interaction, etc ) Spawn Button A.

This way only one button is ever in play at one time. Button A, or Button B. One activates, one deactivates. Since they are in the same spot, it will look like one button serves both functions.

Hope this helps.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> The way I’ve gotten things to be infinitely spawnable/despawnable or move/reset is to use two separate buttons. Button A, Button B.
>
> Button A, Spawns/Moves
> Butt****on B, Despawns/Replaces
>
> Set Button B to despawn upon match start (prevent actions from being initiated in wrong order, breaking the map).
> Place Button A and Button B in the exact same location (on top of each other so only one is visible - phased).
>
> With button A, include in its scripting - depending on how you do it (on message received/sent/on interaction, etc) Spawn Button B.
> With Button B, include in its scripting - depending on how you do it (on message received/sent/on interaction, etc ) Spawn Button A.
>
> This way only one button is ever in play at one time. Button A, or Button B. One activates, one deactivates. Since they are in the same spot, it will look like one button serves both functions.
>
> Hope this helps.

Appreciate it. I’ll try this later once I get back in Forge and tell you how it goes.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but…

I’m working on a close quarters map called “Containment”. Any of the old school players will probably recognize the environment you will be in :wink:

OK. You probably know this or have a different method, but if you’re using Send Message/Message received, make sure Button A sends messages on a separate channel than Button B.

Example, Button A Scripting: On interaction, send message on Channel Alpha – On message received on Alpha, Spawn Button B – On Message received on Alpha Despawn Button A. — On Message received on Alpha, Spawn Bridge

Button B Scripting: On interaction, send message on Channel Bravo – On message received on Bravo, Spawn Button A – On Message received on Bravo Despawn Button B – On message received on Bravo, Despawn Bridge.

That’s basically it.

One warning: Objects (the bridge) will not spawn in if there is a Player within the length of a ghost (roughly) from the object. Also, I recommend using power channels as opposed to messages for something like this.

I’m more curious as to how exactly I can fit it into two seperate switches that turn the bridge both on and off in seperate locations.

Oh, and what the information for each script should be (ex. Script 1 condition, action, and any other relevant information).

A good example to what I want to copy is, let’s say, the light bridges in Halo CE. More specifically, the bridges on the mission 343 Guilty Spark.

I would just have two switches that both toggle power. When the power is on, the bridge spawns. When the power is off, the bridge despawns.

> 2533274808210415;7:
> I would just have two switches that both toggle power. When the power is on, the bridge spawns. When the power is off, the bridge despawns.

I wish I knew how to do that.

I barely know how to get door to open and close, really. Halo 2A was easier.

Yeah sorry. I guess I told you a very inefficient method. Using power would be a much better method. I’m learning myself.

> 2533274809541057;9:
> Yeah sorry. I guess I told you a very inefficient method. Using power would be a much better method. I’m learning myself.

Not your fault, I didn’t explain what I needed to know properly. My bad. I need to know what goes in all of the scripts exactly, and how many scripts I need.

I’m doing a slayer map inspired by the containment facility in 343 Guilty Spark, but don’t know how to program the hard light bridges.

> 2533274818737568;10:
> > 2533274809541057;9:
> > Yeah sorry. I guess I told you a very inefficient method. Using power would be a much better method. I’m learning myself.
>
>
> Not your fault, I didn’t explain what I needed to know properly. My bad. I need to know what goes in all of the scripts exactly, and how many scripts I need.
>
> I’m doing a slayer map inspired by the containment facility in 343 Guilty Spark, but don’t know how to program the hard light bridges.

I can jump on in a bit.

> 2533274808210415;11:
> > 2533274818737568;10:
> > > 2533274809541057;9:
> > > Yeah sorry. I guess I told you a very inefficient method. Using power would be a much better method. I’m learning myself.
> >
> >
> > Not your fault, I didn’t explain what I needed to know properly. My bad. I need to know what goes in all of the scripts exactly, and how many scripts I need.
> >
> > I’m doing a slayer map inspired by the containment facility in 343 Guilty Spark, but don’t know how to program the hard light bridges.
>
>
> I can jump on in a bit.

Thanks mate. I don’t have a mic, but can use Skype.

Added you to my favorites.