Hard evidence of the AR? IS this the model they're using?

The newly rendered master chief can be seen wielding an AR. Just kind of curious if this is the final model of the AR, or if this is something someone shopped in?

most likely an almost finished model.

[deleted]

> most likely an almost finished model.

this

I personally like it that way.
I just hope its actually useful this time around.

I like it… It’s nice and simplistic. Like Halo CEs and 3s. Reach’s AR was too distracting with all the patterns and lines.

It’s subject to change, but it’s safe enough to say that that’s a very definitive AR for Halo 4.

Well, we know for a fact that the AR is in the game because they confirmed it in the March Sparkcast (along with the DMR).

Anyway, that is the Halo 4 AR.

> I like it… It’s nice and simplistic. Like Halo CEs and 3s. Reach’s AR was too distracting with all the patterns and lines.

I’ve never been a fan of REACH’s AR model. I can mostly agree with how you described it, but to add, I think the top half of the rifle (The piece that displays ammo count) looks like a paintball hopper or something. It just looks stupid.

I wouldn’t mind the CE AR coming back, I rather enjoyed it’s curvy-ness. I as well hope that AR is stronger or more useful. It’s the only weapon in REACH I refuse to use anymore.

I really like it actually. Granted it will probably be more detailed in the finished game. But it maintains that “classic” look.

i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?

> i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?

It was probably related to the sound difference from Halo 3, and the reticle shaking up when you fire it. The Bloom also gave you a sense of knowing how accurate it was that was missing in the other games.

Halo CE’s AR felt pretty beastly because of it’s low pitched rumbling though.

> i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?

It was the sound and I think it was Franky in the podcast saying they improved the sound on the new AR so it sounds really powerful and they made it stronger.

The assault rifle was powerful enough and had a nice hard sound. People just say its useless because they compare it to halo 3’s AR which was over powered.

In reach you have to hit 80 to 85% of the shots in the clip to kill a fully shielded person. Thats actually really easy to do at close range haha I get kills with the AR in reach just fine anyone who says its useless is using it wrong.

> > i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?
>
> The assault rifle was powerful enough and had a nice hard sound. People just say its useless because they compare it to halo 3’s AR which was over powered.
>
> In reach you have to hit 80 to 85% of the shots in the clip to kill a fully shielded person. Thats actually really easy to do at close range haha I get kills with the AR in reach just fine anyone who says its useless is using it wrong.

Compare the AR to any other weapon in any other game. It’s worthless.

> > > i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?
> >
> > The assault rifle was powerful enough and had a nice hard sound. People just say its useless because they compare it to halo 3’s AR which was over powered.
> >
> > In reach you have to hit 80 to 85% of the shots in the clip to kill a fully shielded person. Thats actually really easy to do at close range haha I get kills with the AR in reach just fine anyone who says its useless is using it wrong.
>
> Compare the AR to any other weapon in any other game. It’s worthless.

even though i get kills with it 90% of the time i use it. Sorry if its not so overpowered that you can spray inaccurately and still get kills like in halo 3 or the SMG’s in halo 2 or the original ar in halo 1 lmao. and FYI every halo game before reach had terrible weapon balance.

> > > i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?
> >
> > The assault rifle was powerful enough and had a nice hard sound. People just say its useless because they compare it to halo 3’s AR which was over powered.
> >
> > In reach you have to hit 80 to 85% of the shots in the clip to kill a fully shielded person. Thats actually really easy to do at close range haha I get kills with the AR in reach just fine anyone who says its useless is using it wrong.
>
> Compare the AR to any other weapon in any other game. It’s worthless.

In fairness, he did say that the Halo 3 AR was overpowered which is inadvertently admitting the it was better in previous Halo titles.

All the same, I would like to see it’s damaged re-upped.

> > > > i didnt really like the model, but something about it in halo reach made it feel more powerful, much like the other weapons in the game. maybe it was the sounds, idk. anyone else feel that way?
> > >
> > > The assault rifle was powerful enough and had a nice hard sound. People just say its useless because they compare it to halo 3’s AR which was over powered.
> > >
> > > In reach you have to hit 80 to 85% of the shots in the clip to kill a fully shielded person. Thats actually really easy to do at close range haha I get kills with the AR in reach just fine anyone who says its useless is using it wrong.
> >
> > Compare the AR to any other weapon in any other game. It’s worthless.
>
> In fairness, he did say that the Halo 3 AR was overpowered which is inadvertently admitting the it was better in previous Halo titles.
>
> All the same, I would like to see it’s damaged re-upped.

“She” :stuck_out_tongue:

> even though i get kills with it 90% of the time i use it. Sorry if its not so overpowered that you can spray inaccurately and still get kills like in halo 3 or the SMG’s in halo 2 or the original ar in halo 1 lmao. and FYI every halo game before reach had terrible weapon balance.[/color]

CE’s AR was decent. Very inaccurate, but fast rate of fire, and small amount of shots to kill.
All the Reach AR needs is a headshot bonus to reward not mindlessly spraying, and it would be a-okay in my book.

Damn mastercheif is -Yoink!- thats all I have to say.