Harassment on Xbox live by 343 Moderator

Hi,
Tonight I was playing Halo 4 online. During the match I threw a grenade just as a teammate started an assassination. I got the credit for a grenade kill instead of him. It stinks for my teammate, but it’s happened to us all. My teammate’s response was to shout offensive language and a racial slur at me. I have a practice of always reporting players that do this. Moments after submitting my complaint I received a message from him claiming that he was a moderator for 343 Industries and if I ever crossed him again I would get my account banned. If he was masquerading as an employee I felt I should let you know but if he actually works for your company I would like to know what steps you have in place for filing a complaint? Thanks for your time.
-Ethan

He’s obviously 12. Let it slide

First

Edit: Damn, ndragon ninjas

He’s most likely not a 343 employee. First off, if he was a 343 employee he wouldn’t have made use of such offensive language and racial slurs.

You have also done nothing wrong in game. The Yoink! (stealing others’ kills)-system was intentionally put in and built by Bungie (being maintained and returning in Halo 4 by 343), so they would never have anything against you for doing so.

All that has happened is you have aggravated an immature Halo 4 player because you took his kill. Most likely he/she thinks it was intentional.

Impersonator, nuff said.

Haha, put 2 and 2 together; I’m sure you’ll find that it’s nothing that you should bring attention to.

Either this dude is trolling us, or he legitimately thinks that 12 year old works for 343.

Thanks all! As a casual player I didn’t know what to make of it and as my main outlet for blowing off steam I’d hate to have my account banned. Guess I should have thought about that for a moment longer and I would have registered that it probably wasn’t legit.

> He’s most likely not a 343 employee. First off, if he was a 343 employee he wouldn’t have made use of such offensive language and racial slurs.
>
> You have also done nothing wrong in game. The Yoink! (stealing others’ kills)-system was intentionally put in and built by Bungie, so they would never have anything against you for doing so.
>
> All that has happened is you have aggravated an immature Halo 4 player because you took his kill. Most likely he/she thinks it was intentional.

Fix’d.

> > He’s most likely not a 343 employee. First off, if he was a 343 employee he wouldn’t have made use of such offensive language and racial slurs.
> >
> > You have also done nothing wrong in game. The Yoink! (stealing others’ kills)-system was intentionally put in and built by Bungie, so they would never have anything against you for doing so.
> >
> > All that has happened is you have aggravated an immature Halo 4 player because you took his kill. Most likely he/she thinks it was intentional.
>
> Fix’d.

Sure Bungie developed the system, but the decision to keep it in Halo 4 and rebuild it was by 343.

> > > He’s most likely not a 343 employee. First off, if he was a 343 employee he wouldn’t have made use of such offensive language and racial slurs.
> > >
> > > You have also done nothing wrong in game. The Yoink! (stealing others’ kills)-system was intentionally put in and built by Bungie, so they would never have anything against you for doing so.
> > >
> > > All that has happened is you have aggravated an immature Halo 4 player because you took his kill. Most likely he/she thinks it was intentional.
> >
> > Fix’d.
>
> Sure Bungie developed the system, but the decision to keep it in Halo 4 and rebuild it was by 343.

Then you can specify it was built by Bungie and maintained by 343.
Give the proper credit to the people who really put it there.

please remove the persons GT.

MastaSin333 - Yep, edited my post!

LOCKED BY

343 mods whether they on the mods of Waypoint won’t use offensive language. Probably reason why I haven’t become one yet. I attack 343 too much…

Hey, Anything can happen LOL :wink:

Swearing and trolling is legal, so far as I know (although Alabama would like to change that), but racial comments are certainly not. I don’t think it’s serious enough for any thing else, but he deserves a ban.

343, for their many triumphs and mistakes, would never attack you like this. (BS Angel might camo-camp with the boltshot though.)

pretty sure he aint a 343 mod but a immature little kid who acts like a tough kid on the 360.

ignore and move on

actually what you should of done is kept the message, screen capped and send it to a 343 employee

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I was banned here for calling someone a dummy. After they posted a “Why was I banned?” thread. I just said “You can’t hook up extra afk controllers, dummy.” Banned.

> He’s obviously 12. Let it slide