Happy fifth birthday Halo 4.

Welp…Halo 4. What we all thought was going to be the epic return of Halo, five years after we “Finished the Fight”. Was the opposite, from “a certain point of view”. Still, even if its considered one of the worse (or the worse) itterations, its still Halo. I consider it partly redeemed by its exceptional story and Forge Island. 343 did a solid job with the narrative. It has its flaws and occasional lazy writing. Overall what it started was quite great. Humanizing Chief, deepening the relationship between him and Cortana was a definite highlight. We were introduced to Captain Lasky, a great character who saw more logic in Chiefs’ decisions than Del Rio, who was good but also annoying. The Didact, despite the lackluster boss fight, is an amazing character; mainly in the books. The opening moment of stepping inside Requiem was sweet. Then that final scene with John and Cortana. A beautifully shot and acted scene. Carried the plot to the surprising ending of seeing his eyes. That was chilling!
As for the multiplayer, I had fun play sessions. It continued the trend Reach set…which was not a good idea at all. The rest is history.

Thank you 343 for bringing fresh storytelling to Chief and Cortana, regardless if you haven’t done a good job carrying those forward…yet (hopes for Halo 6 to fix things). I doubt we’ll get anything out of a silly celebration of it, but who cares! I remember the midnight launch of Halo 4. Second one I’d ever gone to; first was Reach. Had a great time during the buildup.

Edit: Halo 4 also has a good score. Its not my favorite, however there are several really good tracks.

Has it really been five years already? I feel so old. I had a lot of fun with this game especially since Husky Raid was its own playlist. It was my second Halo game, meaning it was the first time I was actually excited for a Halo game’s launch. Happy birthday Halo 4 :tada:

happy birthday for the most hated and underrated halo game in the series
love ya 343

Crazy that it was 5 years ago that Halo 4 launched. The game that got me back into and caused me so many sleepless nights of puzzle solving. Won’t ever forget all those glyph code sequences :slight_smile:

I miss dominion and Ricochet from 4, had some hilarious matches with the team back when they were in matchmaking. Happy Birthday Halo 4!

Man 5 years? Man, you’re doing me a bamboozle! I remember how hyped I was back then, watching the announcement trailer over and over again as well as my first E3 I watched live (I even got a Waypoint medal too!). When they showed the gameplay with the watching catching the grenade and the knights and crawlers… Damn that was a brilliant E3.

Then on this very day 5 years ago, I still vividly remember getting the Halo 4 limited edition and opening it on the kitchen bench. I use the ‘Prime’ symbol from that limited edition as my profile picture here on Waypoint and will do until waypoint doesn’t allow me. Also, my greatest moment happened in Halo 4. I’m still proud of that.

Happy birthday to my second favorite halo game!!!

And to think that Halo 4 was only 5 years after Halo 3. The gap seems so much longer between 3 and 4 than 4 and now.

Halo 4 was and is a lot of things, sort of “the great experiment” in Halo. Some great things about it, some less great things about it. I remember how huge the population of it was too on the first night it launched, with over 200,000 people playing it online and having a blast.

Oh, the good old days of Halo.

> 2535412682876771;3:
> happy birthday for the most hated and underrated halo game in the series
> love ya 343

no halo 5 definitely took that most hated award away from halo 4.

though I don’t agree with a lot of changes that started with halo 4, it’s overall not that bad of a game. happy anniversary to the first pure 343 game

Happy Birthday to the first Halo game I ever pre-ordered. While I do think it was one of the worst in the series it still had it’s moments. Halo 4 is probably my least played game in the series due to my Xbox 360 getting the red ring of death very shortly after Halo 4’s launch.

Ahh, the game that made me lose all hope for Halo’s future. Yeah, Happy Birthday…

As a positive, MCC’s H4 without ordinance wasn’t too bad, but it’s just a miniscule diamond in a huge pile of coal.

Really has been 5 years? Feels like it hasnt been that long when it came out on 360. Music was pretty good I thought and the Campaign.

> 2533274889282194;8:
> > 2535412682876771;3:
> > happy birthday for the most hated and underrated halo game in the series
> > love ya 343
>
> no halo 5 definitely took that most hated award away from halo 4.
>
> though I don’t agree with a lot of changes that started with halo 4, it’s overall not that bad of a game. happy anniversary to the first pure 343 game

yep i agree on that halo 5 is also hated