Happy Aniversary Halo 3

10 years of halo 3

I miss it so much…

Still the best Halo game ever made, it should’ve been the benchmark for all future Halo games.

#neverforget

Oh the memories…

#finishthefight

> 2533274812390628;2:
> I miss it so much…

There’s no reason to miss it. It still works and you can play it today on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One via backwards compatibility!

I miss the old days of Halo 3 game nights with my old school buds…good times were had back in 2008-13, now we’ve all gone our separate ways

Happy Birthday Halo 3, you’re still my favorite and always will be. I’ll play with you later today, I promise <3

> 2808718160477777;6:
> > 2533274812390628;2:
> > I miss it so much…
>
> There’s no reason to miss it. It still works and you can play it today on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One via backwards compatibility!

I mean, it is awesome how it’s backwards compatible now, but it’s not the same. The community is gone, 30fps 720p isn’t close to the standard anymore, there is no Bungie hub for awesome interaction and file sharing and stat checking. Some of that’s here, but, you know… It’s sad hopping on Halo 3 and seeing the Bungie favorites being so, so old. They were part of the living game.

The pure game is still available, but none of the important context. Part of Halo 3’s experience is Halo being super popular (which was due to how good Halo 3 was, I would guess).

Either way, it’s still good to be able to go back and reminisce I suppose!

> 2533274812390628;9:
> > 2808718160477777;6:
> > > 2533274812390628;2:
> > > I miss it so much…
> >
> > There’s no reason to miss it. It still works and you can play it today on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One via backwards compatibility!
>
> I mean, it is awesome how it’s backwards compatible now, but it’s not the same. The community is gone, 30fps 720p isn’t close to the standard anymore, there is no Bungie hub for awesome interaction and file sharing and stat checking. Some of that’s here, but, you know… It’s sad hopping on Halo 3 and seeing the Bungie favorites being so, so old. They were part of the living game.
>
> The pure game is still available, but none of the important context. Part of Halo 3’s experience is Halo being super popular (which was due to how good Halo 3 was, I would guess).
>
> Either way, it’s still good to be able to go back and reminisce I suppose!

I understand that was the heart & soul of Halo 3, but coming from someone who grew up on Atari & NES playing gaves that never were “living”, just having Halo 3 on current gen, with live servers, and a population to play with (in two forms, counting the MCC) ten years on is pretty remarkable and a testament to its legacy. And Halo’s legacy in general. I mean look at Combat Evolved: 16 years on, it’s been on Xbox, PC, 360, had a remaster on 360, then again on Xbox One with online multiplayer for the first time 13 years after it launched. Fans are even still remaking the campaign and building Halo games with its engine.

What’s going to be really sad is when they bring Halo 2 back, DOA with no servers at all. If they were smart, they would fire up those old Halo 2 servers and put a big fat add on everyone’s Xbox dashboard: “Original Halo 2 backward compatible now available! Multiplayer servers back online! Buy here now! OMG YOU GUYS!”

> 2533274883669557;10:
> If they were smart, they would fire up those old Halo 2 servers

If they were smart they wouldn’t do that. Original servers ran the first iteration of Xbox Live which has been well surpassed by what we have now, security and stability are key here. Plus I’m not sure they would want 2 versions of XBL running concurrently again. The smarter thing would be to update each OG game they’re bringing to the OG BC platform to work with todays XBL, but I’m not sure how much work they’re putting into this

> 2533274813317074;11:
> > 2533274883669557;10:
> > If they were smart, they would fire up those old Halo 2 servers
>
> If they were smart they wouldn’t do that. Original servers ran the first iteration of Xbox Live which has been well surpassed by what we have now, security and stability are key here. Plus I’m not sure they would want 2 versions of XBL running concurrently again. The smarter thing would be to update each OG game they’re bringing to the OG BC platform to work with todays XBL, but I’m not sure how much work they’re putting into this

… what I meant was, if they’re making these game backwards compatible and, I assume for sale digitally since retailers don’t carry them anymore, they ought to figure out a way to make them work. Especially the multiplayer aspects of a game like Halo 2. Regardless of how they do it. Well, not regardless of how they do it; do it properly because as we learned with the MCC, if it’s not exact, they’ll hear about it. We’ll all hear about it. For years. lol

The happiest of birthdays to one of the last decent halos.

Rather sad to see only 404 people on matchmaking today but nevertheless i managed to play a somewhat satisfying 20-somthing action sack games. I’ll never forget the days of the near million people playing, that will probably NEVER happen again.