Happy 2nd birthday Halo: Anniversary!

Just wanted to note the second anniversary of the release of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on November 15, 2011 (also known as the game’s birthday)! Did you buy the game at launch? I remember being so mad two years ago today, because I specifically was going to pay extra to have Amazon do release date delivery so I could play the game on its launch date. Well, I found out that the upgrade to that shipping was free, so I was elated! But when November 15 rolled around, the game was not in the mail. I found out Amazon had a stock error and had to delay my delivery for a few days, and the customer service person had the nerve to tell me not to be too upset about it, since the upgrade to release date shipping was free! The thing that made me the most angry about that is the fact that I would have gladly paid $15 extra for release date delivery for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

So that’s my happy story of this game’s launch. I did end up getting it November 16, and I played it all day. It’s a great port. Share your Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary stories here!

Happy Birthday Halo: CEA! I love you! :heart: :slight_smile:

It’s also Halo: CE’s 12th birthday, but I see you have already made a thread about it in the Combat Evolved section :slight_smile:

Anniversary was my first game to pre-order. I ended up with the game at launch, leaving the Best Buy store with the game, Grunt Funeral skull and Chief Avatar armor, and a cool Chief Flame poster.

My friend was able to get Grunt Funeral from Best Buy without had having to pre-order.

Happy Birthday Halo! <3

I remember playing it in the store. It was a really fun event. I played far too late into the night. I was so happy and excited.