Hans Zimmer, Halo 4 soundtrack

Who here thinks that Hans Zimmer should do the soundtrack for Halo 4?

Hans Zimmer did the score Inception and Modern Warfare 2.

> Who here thinks that Hans Zimmer should do the soundtrack for Halo 4?

He did a horrible job with the Crysis 2 soundtrack. I don’t want him to be in any projects that have some high standards. He can still make his soundtracks for the yearly CoD add-ons and pirates of the carribean.

I think that would be awesome.

hans Zimmer is pretty good

He did the “Saw” Theme song which was pretty cool too.

BTW I love Saw, freaking awesome movie series

Please god no.

lol wait wait, sorry

I got him confused with someone else with the same sounding name, please excuse and ignore my post

If I couldn’t have Marty do the soundtrack then I would have Zimmer do it or John Powell (who did the Bourne Ultimatum and the Bourne Supremacy soundtrack)

GOD NO! HELL NO. His style is WAYYYY TOO FAR from what Halo is. Hans is a GREAT composer but he has a style more suited for Call of Duty etc. Personally I think Alexandre Desplat (Deathly Hallows 1 + 2) or Clinton Shorter (District 9).

If we had the decision between Rick Astley and Hans Zimmer to make the Halo 4 soundtrack, I would take Rick Astley xD.

How about we just have 343 and microsoft decide who they think is best to do the soundtrack.

did you mean Zack heimsey? the composer for inception?

i can see why one would get them mixed up

Hans Zimmer composed Inception.

> did you mean Zack heimsey? the composer for inception?
>
> i can see why one would get them mixed up

Hans Zimmer composed inception dear.

Zimmer is very talented and would probably do a great job. Having said that, if I had to pick someone I’d definitley go for Michael Giacchino. I think he’s the best in the biz right now.(I hate when people say biz)

For creating entirely new music, probably not. But for remixing and and adding to what Marty has already done, I suppose it’d be hard to screw up there.

What about the dude who did Mass Effect 2? Those were some pretty good sci-fi tunes. Not really Halo style, but you throw in some monks and maybe everything comes together.

Hans Zimmer is over rated.

Dude’s a beast, but isn’t Sotaro Tojima doing the Halo 4 soundtrack?

> lol wait wait, sorry
>
> I got him confused with someone else with the same sounding name, please excuse and ignore my post

Well, I can’t ignore the part that reads Saw’s theme song ‘Hello Zepp’ is awesome. That track is sweet.

OT: I agree with the post that says his style isn’t really Halo. Quite different sounds, and experiences.

Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, Howard Shore, and Trevor Jones should all collaborate on the Halo 4 Soundtrack. They shouldn’t invite James Horner though. He’d use some very pretty but old and unsuitable recycled material and add bagpipes.

@Steven Tojima is the audio director. It has yet to be confirmed or denied that he is the composer.

> @Steven Tojima is the audio director. It has yet to be confirmed or denied that he is the composer.

Okay, thanks.