Hand to Gun Combat ideas

So i was thinking it would be awesome in halo 4 if instead of the default melee attack{fist in the face,elbow in the face} there could be other melee options,…
my thought for this was maybe a button you could push on the controller to put your gun up{over your back for a rifle,on your thigh for pistol,} and when you push that button lets say the button layout for this was pushing X, as soon as you push X your gun goes on your back and the button layout changes on the controller, so instead of RT for shooting it may be a round-house kick, or instead of LT being Gernades it could be a double punch,
this was an idea i though would be pretty cool,

what do you guys think??

i like it, but there might be some complications implementing it in the game. i have read all the books, except the forerunner books, they bore me to death. i cant get into them like the others, and each one shows the spartans round-house kicking the elites or bear-fighting them, so i want this to be included in Halo 4, if possible , or halo 5 and 6

> i like it, but there might be some complications implementing it in the game. i have read all the books, except the forerunner books, they bore me to death. i cant get into them like the others, and each one shows the spartans round-house kicking the elites or bear-fighting them, so i want this to be included in Halo 4, if possible , or halo 5 and 6

yeah i saw this halo video on youtube where these spartan’s were pulling matrix moves on these other spartan’s, it was a music vidio made by a fan but it was pretty awesome=]

Noooo haha I’d rather not get sprinted up to and get round housed

> Noooo haha I’d rather not get sprinted up to and get round housed

Just have a Shotgun equipped, it’d be like:

• I’m gonna do a roundhouse kick mwhuahahah!
    Fires Shotgun
  • What!? Nooooo…

But yeah I agree with you.

as fun as it’d be I can’t see a way of effectively implementing it.

> Noooo haha I’d rather not get sprinted up to and get round housed

but would you like to sprint up and round house someone?=P

It’s over-complicated and really just pointless. Halo is a shooter, not Street Fighter.