Halsey

Neither she’s just human don’t think she can be categorized as either options as they are all subjective opinions. I don’t like Halsey but she has done a great amount of good and her research lead to some terrible things being done to children which in my eyes is unforgivable but she’s neither good or evil to me and I wouldn’t say both either.

Totally both. Ultimately, Halsey looks out for Halsey. She’s obsessed with the pursuit of knowledge, and she’s willing to jump ships to meet that goal. Where the UNSC and the Covenant see only their hatred for each other and are confined to narrow-minded short-term thinking, Halsey sees the bigger picture and realizes that their hatred is just a petty, insignificant squabble in the grand scheme of things. Whichever “side” has the most potential to take her the furthest on her crusade for knowledge, that’s the side she’ll play nice with. God I love her.

She exhibits both qualities, in my opinion, when having to be “evil,” she takes the lesser evil.

She does bad things for good purposes, and because if she wouldn’t be doing those bad things someone with less conscience would be doing them. Which would lead to more evil than if she does the evil things.

> 2533274810150284;3:
> Totally both. Ultimately, Halsey looks out for Halsey. She’s obsessed with the pursuit of knowledge, and she’s willing to jump ships to meet that goal. Where the UNSC and the Covenant see only their hatred for each other and are confined to narrow-minded short-term thinking, Halsey sees the bigger picture and realizes that their hatred is just a petty, insignificant squabble in the grand scheme of things. Whichever “side” has the most potential to take her the furthest on her crusade for knowledge, that’s the side she’ll play nice with. God I love her.

Exactly. The way I see it, is that ONI held her up to create the Spartans and now they’ve turned her back on her and blaming her for basically everything THEY did. So rightfully she’s upset. She still has an end goal in mind for the good of all humanity but stay out of her way unless you want to help her.

I’d say she inhabitants the same moral plain as Paul Redeker from World War Z. Both are known for their immoral and unethically activities, but both activities saved humanity.

> 2533274810150284;3:
> Totally both. Ultimately, Halsey looks out for Halsey. She’s obsessed with the pursuit of knowledge, and she’s willing to jump ships to meet that goal. Where the UNSC and the Covenant see only their hatred for each other and are confined to narrow-minded short-term thinking, Halsey sees the bigger picture and realizes that their hatred is just a petty, insignificant squabble in the grand scheme of things. Whichever “side” has the most potential to take her the furthest on her crusade for knowledge, that’s the side she’ll play nice with. God I love her.

I like this analysis of her character, but my own opinion is slightly different.

Halsey is a protagonist of the human-covenant war, she dedicated her life to save humanity from the covenant, so she has her side. Also, she started the spartan II program not without moral concerns, only because she was really convinced that it was necessary to save mankind. She always felt the weight of human salvation on herself and she sacrificed everything (her “soul”, daughter, love) for this. Her most repeated quote is “this can change the course of the war”. That was her goal, and she achieved it.
Halsey is a real pro-human character, but she is ready to do anything to achieve what has always been her primal goal: humanity’s salvation.
She was chosen by Librarian for her mission to “propel mankind”, that has to mean something, don’t forget it.
Knowledge is still fundamental for Halsey, but I refuse the interpretation that she seeks this sole purpose above everything else.

UNSC vs Covenant being narrow minded is a thought appropriate to an idiot as BB, Halsey perfectly understands that covenant were making a genocide and obviously UNSC had to put its efforts in the war, no matter the “hatred between the species”, UNSC had no choice but defend themselves from the covenant.