Halsey did not Know John was alive

That was a very interesting twist.I thought everyone would know after chiefs less then Discrete return to Earth.That is very interesting how do you think it will effect the future story of Halo? P.S Would love to see Fred Linda and Kelly right now .

im not sure i follow…

Of course she wouldn’t know John is alive, that would require people telling her important things, something nobody seems to do.

Halsey has been locked in Infinity (more than likely). Remember - she is officially dead. She has been intentionally kept out of the loop on everything.

Not only that but MC was only found out to be alive at the END of Halo 4… Of course she wouldnt have knowledge…nobody did until the end.

> Not only that but MC was only found out to be alive at the END of Halo 4… Of course she wouldnt have knowledge…nobody did until the end.

Yes and Spartan ops is 6 months after the end of Halo 4 .

My god if she didn’t know that Chief was alive then… Aww man I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out about Cortana!

Lol when I saw that I was like…oh yeah I guess you wouldn’t know he’s alive considering you’re always locked up…

> Lol when I saw that I was like…oh yeah I guess you wouldn’t know he’s alive considering you’re always locked up…

Locked up illegally at that, but this is ONI after all, like they ever played within the bounds of the law.

She was locked up somewhere other than the infinity, that’s why they had to transfer her to the Infinity in Catherine

> My god if she didn’t know that Chief was alive then… Aww man I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out about Cortana!

Seeing as Cortana was more than 7 years old… she might understand how AI’s work…

> > My god if she didn’t know that Chief was alive then… Aww man I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out about Cortana!
>
> Seeing as Cortana was more than 7 years old… she might understand how AI’s work…

Your forgetting the random data pad on the Reqiuem level which has Halsey stating he believes Cortana may live past the usual AI lifespan.

In my opinion, despite all that Halsey has done/accused of doing, you kinda shouldn’t keep such information away from most likely the only human who could understand what to make of it!

Yeah, I thought it was awesome how they discussed that part. But yeah, I’ll have to re-read Glasslands and Thursday War, but since she was arrested on Travelyn (I butchered that spelling), she’s been isolated and cut off. Pretty spectacular way to have her discover someone she viewed as her child (and quite honestly, her favorite) that she believed dead to be alive.

> My god if she didn’t know that Chief was alive then… Aww man I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out about Cortana!

I didn’t even consider that. Now that will be interesting, and I wouldn’t be shocked if that’s a key to the end of Season 1 of Spartan Ops.

Agreed, she is probably going to breakdown in some way.

> > > My god if she didn’t know that Chief was alive then… Aww man I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out about Cortana!
> >
> > Seeing as Cortana was more than 7 years old… she might understand how AI’s work…
>
> Your forgetting the random data pad on the Reqiuem level which has Halsey stating he believes Cortana may live past the usual AI lifespan.
>
> In my opinion, despite all that Halsey has done/accused of doing, you kinda shouldn’t keep such information away from most likely the only human who could understand what to make of it!

Why is your Halsey a guy? o.O

Even so, she did care a lot about John and Cortana because both her creations with one being a part of her. She will mourn her loss.

I wonder if this means that John’s return is a closely-guarded secret, or if it was only kept from Halsey. If nobody knows John is back, I wonder what ONI’s reasoning for that is.

Halsey is technically a prisoner, so I wouldn’t expect her to know about anything going on in his Requiem campaign, or if he was alive for that matter.

I’m pretty sure ONI has something to do with it, especially since the Librarian did change him to not be killed by the Composer. With the incident that happened at the end of Halo 4, ONI definetly wants to find out why he is fine, and everyone else wasn’t.

John is far more valuable as a martyr than a living legend. Reason enough for ONI to leave him listed as KIA , and bury any evidence to the contrary.

hell i thought she knew that john is still alive???