HaloWaypoint BPR a good Ranking system for Halo 4?

Concerning the Halo 4 Ranking System:

If anyone of you watched Stazima’s video on YouTube, you would’ve heard him talking about how 343industries was going to implement it’s own ranking system based on Halo Waypoint’s BPR. For those reading this thread who want a defined definition of what BPR is, it means Battle Proficiency Rating; Battle Proficiency Rating (BPR) is a number between 1 and 100 representing a players overall skill in Halo: Reachs Multiplayer mode. This rating tracks your Kills, Wins, Assists, Deaths, and Betrayals across all matches played. You must play at least 10 Invasion, Arena or Competitive games for this number to be calculated.

Now, considering that 343industries owns HaloWaypoint and since BPR isn’t used in Halo: Reach, we must assume that this BPR system will be used in Halo 4.

Stazima also stated that since Halo 2 and Halo 3 did have some flaws in the way Bungie ranked it’s players from 1-50 gives us an even more reason why 343i would use this BPR Ranking system.

For a more thourough look atbthisbidea by stazima, check out his video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT4RYdcWSxI

I really hope not. It is wayyy too easy to achieve 100 BPR and now I’m stuck there. Also, 343i has already confirmed that they won’t be using the trueskill system that Reach did and I thought that was the BPR system?

I can’t watch it!

BpR isn’t TrueSkill…

While a nice addition to waypoint, it shouldn’t be the system in Halo 4 defining skill.

Why would you watch some Stazima guy if there is an already perfect Halo4Follower?

I don’t know many Halo channels on youtube, but i can tell you Stazima is my least favorite :confused:

The BPR system is terrible as it encourages self promotion and condemns teamwork.

> While a nice addition to waypoint, it shouldn’t be the system in Halo 4 defining skill.

This

I hope that BPR is not the ranking system used in Halo 4.

Anyone who doesn’t suck has an automatic 100. So, no.

BPR is highly inaccurate for stat dependence. Over at HaloTracker Xorth used Bungie’s API for Reach instead of Waypoint’s stat tracking system simply because the stats were more accurate accurate for each game,including total K/D.

I bet if I checked your profile, you wouldn’t be a 100.

No, it’s terrible.

As far as I know it basically looks at your k/d and win percentages - that’s just not good enough. I’m ‘100’ and there are many, many players far better than me. Plus, it depends what you play - if you play MLG all the time, chances are your k/d will be lower as will your win percentage, because it’s a more difficult playlist then any of the others.

Likewise living dead but the other way around.

Bad idea. It is to easy to boost BPR and players who play tougher playlist may have a lower BPR than a bad player that plays infection.

No. Achieving the max rank/skill level should be difficult for most players. As it stands now, anyone with two usable thumbs can get a 100 BPR. It means absolutely nothing

i hope BPR is not the ranking system in H4. it s makes no sense. i have a friend that sucks at Halo and has only played about 10 games of matchmaking in Reach and his BPR is higher than mine.

Because BPR isn’ broad on your stats showing you your rank among others and giving you numbers based upon playlist doesn’t mean it’s inaccurate.

Also, just to let you know HaloTracker’s system is based upon Wins, Losses, and how much medals and how many times you played a certain gametype.

> Anyone who doesn’t suck has an automatic 100. So, no.

i don’t suck and mine is below 100, i can honestly attribute my low BPR to my fondness for Grifball.

Halo stats haven’t meant anything since the addition of social fun playlists like Grifball started accounting towards a player’s only skill ranking.

> > Anyone who doesn’t suck has an automatic 100. So, no.
>
> i don’t suck and mine is below 100, i can honestly attribute my low BPR to my fondness for Grifball.

I do believe Grifball is in the community playlist and therefore does not count towards your BPR. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that’s the way it works. I play MLG often and usually don’t do so great, yet I remain at 100 BPR solely because it’s in community playlist and doesn’t count towards my BPR.