halotracker might have to shutdown

Our most beloved Halo stats site “HaloTracker.commight have to be shutdown because 343 isn’t going to have Reach API and that’s how halotracker gets their stats. If you want to know more about the maybe shutdown please go here—> http://tinyurl.com/7p3brkf

" There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "

He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.

yes but still less stats

> yes but still less stats

Sad I know, but 343 don’t have the resources to produce another API for Reach when Halo 4 is around the corner and they are probably hard at work with one for Halo 4.

> " There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "
>
> He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.

This. H3 you should really be asking if 343 have any plans regarding to Reach’s API and if there will be one for Halo 4 for our stats. To my knowledge bs angel replied that 343 didn’t have any plans regarding API and advanced stats at this current time because of resources and time managment,so we just have to wait and see what will happen.

> > " There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "
> >
> > He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.
>
> This. H3 you should really be asking if 343 have any plans regarding to Reach’s API and if there will be one for Halo 4 for our stats. To my knowledge bs angel replied that 343 didn’t have any plans regarding API and advanced stats at this current time,so we just have to wait and see what will happen.

im just trying to encourage them to get it

> > > " There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "
> > >
> > > He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.
> >
> > This. H3 you should really be asking if 343 have any plans regarding to Reach’s API and if there will be one for Halo 4 for our stats. To my knowledge bs angel replied that 343 didn’t have any plans regarding API and advanced stats at this current time,so we just have to wait and see what will happen.
>
> im just trying to encourage them to get it

It’s clear that many are unhappy about this, but what do you expect them to do with the limited resources?

I really hope to still get stats from HaloTracker. I like their stats better then here or Bungie.

> I really hope to still get stats from HaloTracker. I like their stats better then here or Bungie.

same

> > > " There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "
> > >
> >
> > This. H3 you should really be asking if 343 have any plans regarding to Reach’s API and if there will be one for Halo 4 for our stats. To my knowledge bs angel replied that 343 didn’t have any plans regarding API and advanced stats at this current time,so we just have to wait and see what will happen.
>
> im just trying to encourage them to get it

As with what Moa said earlier,chances are 343 have been developing an API for Halo 4 anyways. Reach has been out for a good while now,and it is pretty obvious that it’s the least favorited Halo title,there’s no point trying to support two API’s at the same time,especially since its costly. Dumping support for the Reach API would leave stat-tracking sites at a loss for a while,especially because of the long gap between the 31st of March to Halo 4’s release date. I’m sure however that Xorth will find a way to keep HT up,besides its US who make Halotracker,not the stats :slight_smile:

> > > > " There are of course alternative ways to get stats, but it’s not always as simple as that. If I choose to get stats another way, it won’t be as nice as we have now. There are certain stats we can’t even see anymore. For example, what is your win percent in Squad Slayer? After March 31st, I don’t see a way you could find that anywhere on the internet, let alone on halotracker. "
> > > >
> > > > He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.
> > >
> > > This. H3 you should really be asking if 343 have any plans regarding to Reach’s API and if there will be one for Halo 4 for our stats. To my knowledge bs angel replied that 343 didn’t have any plans regarding API and advanced stats at this current time,so we just have to wait and see what will happen.
> >
> > im just trying to encourage them to get it
>
> As with what Moa said earlier,chances are 343 have been developing an API for Halo 4 anyways. Reach has been out for a good while now,and it is pretty obvious that it’s the least favorited Halo title,there’s no point trying to support two API’s at the same time,especially since its costly. Dumping support for the Reach API would leave stat-tracking sites at a loss for a while,especially because of the long gap between the 31st of March to Halo 4’s release date. I’m sure however that Xorth will find a way to keep HT up,besides its US who make Halotracker,not the stats :slight_smile:

Yes we make HTR

If 343 do not invest time developing some form of API for the websites that dedicated there time to making Halo what it is now we will be all let down.

The Halo community is suffering and each day we lose 100’s of people. MLG is more than likely not picking up Halo which just shows the flaws in the game, and what Bungie did to Reach making it a bit of a flop.

The only reason i went on Bungie was to look at my statistics and games i had just played. If 343 want to show the community and players that they actually care about the game and not just the money they will make on launch they need to step up and listen.

• We need stats. Halo:Reach is bad enough without trueskill and XP (Don’t say there is and it is hidden because that is all lies and we all know it)

All of the stat sites especially Halotracker show who is good and who just boosted griffball or AFK’d firefight to get the higher ranks.

My message is simple.

Halo IS dying like it or not, the competitive people have nothing to challenge them, and the people who play for fun are playing Halo 3 and now lets be honest Call of duty.

Taking away the ability to have in-depth stats just kicks away yet another chunk of the community.

I wouldn’t play Halo if i lost Halotracker.com i would have no reason too.

Like it not, Reach is far from the top game, the only thing that keeps it going is the stats and the people who build these sites.

Pointless rant over

• Rockin

> If 343 do not invest time developing some form of API for the websites that dedicated there time to making Halo what it is now we will be all let down.
>
> The Halo community is suffering and each day we lose 100’s of people. MLG is more than likely not picking up Halo which just shows the flaws in the game, and what Bungie did to Reach making it a bit of a flop.
>
> The only reason i went on Bungie was to look at my statistics and games i had just played. If 343 want to show the community and players that they actually care about the game and not just the money they will make on launch they need to step up and listen.
>
> - We need stats. Halo:Reach is bad enough without trueskill and XP (Don’t say there is and it is hidden because that is all lies and we all know it)
>
> All of the stat sites especially Halotracker show who is good and who just boosted griffball or AFK’d firefight to get the higher ranks.
>
>
>
> My message is simple.
>
> Halo IS dying like it or not, the competitive people have nothing to challenge them, and the people who play for fun are playing Halo 3 and now lets be honest Call of duty.
>
> Taking away the ability to have in-depth stats just kicks away yet another chunk of the community.
>
> I wouldn’t play Halo if i lost Halotracker.com i would have no reason too.
>
> Like it not, Reach is far from the top game, the only thing that keeps it going is the stats and the people who build these sites.
>
>
> Pointless rant over
>
> - Rockin

Halo Tracker isn’t going anywhere, the owner claims he has other ways to grab stats, Reach as far as I can see, is not a dying game, each day it is getting more and more player.

> If 343 do not invest time developing some form of API for the websites that dedicated there time to making Halo what it is now we will be all let down.
>
> The Halo community is suffering and each day we lose 100’s of people. MLG is more than likely not picking up Halo which just shows the flaws in the game, and what Bungie did to Reach making it a bit of a flop.
>
> The only reason i went on Bungie was to look at my statistics and games i had just played. If 343 want to show the community and players that they actually care about the game and not just the money they will make on launch they need to step up and listen.
>
> - We need stats. Halo:Reach is bad enough without trueskill and XP (Don’t say there is and it is hidden because that is all lies and we all know it)
>
> All of the stat sites especially Halotracker show who is good and who just boosted griffball or AFK’d firefight to get the higher ranks.
>
>
>
> My message is simple.
>
> Halo IS dying like it or not, the competitive people have nothing to challenge them, and the people who play for fun are playing Halo 3 and now lets be honest Call of duty.
>
> Taking away the ability to have in-depth stats just kicks away yet another chunk of the community.
>
> I wouldn’t play Halo if i lost Halotracker.com i would have no reason too.
>
> Like it not, Reach is far from the top game, the only thing that keeps it going is the stats and the people who build these sites.
>
>
> Pointless rant over
>
> - Rockin

well said Rockin

> > If 343 do not invest time developing some form of API for the websites that dedicated there time to making Halo what it is now we will be all let down.
> >
> > The Halo community is suffering and each day we lose 100’s of people. MLG is more than likely not picking up Halo which just shows the flaws in the game, and what Bungie did to Reach making it a bit of a flop.
> >
> > The only reason i went on Bungie was to look at my statistics and games i had just played. If 343 want to show the community and players that they actually care about the game and not just the money they will make on launch they need to step up and listen.
> >
> > - We need stats. Halo:Reach is bad enough without trueskill and XP (Don’t say there is and it is hidden because that is all lies and we all know it)
> >
> > All of the stat sites especially Halotracker show who is good and who just boosted griffball or AFK’d firefight to get the higher ranks.
> >
> >
> >
> > My message is simple.
> >
> > Halo IS dying like it or not, the competitive people have nothing to challenge them, and the people who play for fun are playing Halo 3 and now lets be honest Call of duty.
> >
> > Taking away the ability to have in-depth stats just kicks away yet another chunk of the community.
> >
> > I wouldn’t play Halo if i lost Halotracker.com i would have no reason too.
> >
> > Like it not, Reach is far from the top game, the only thing that keeps it going is the stats and the people who build these sites.
> >
> >
> > Pointless rant over
> >
> > - Rockin
>
> Halo Tracker isn’t going anywhere, the owner claims he has other ways to grab stats, Reach as far as I can see, is not a dying game, each day it is getting more and more player.

Aye, there are other ways but they won’t be as simple to obtain. Xorth uses the API from Reach to obtain our stats as simply and quickly as possible,down to minute details. There are alternatives,yes,but nothing is ever as simple as that. As he said in a thread on the HaloTracker site, after the API goes cold on March 31st win % in something like Team Slayer wouldn’t be viewable any more.

In regards to Reach,I barely see anyone playing when I play. On average when I play during the day there is an influx of perhaps 10-30K total players online. That jumps once America wakes up because it holds the majority of players,but even then it’s rare to even see the population peak over 150K total.

> He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.

With the way stats on Waypoint are currently implemented, you can’t actually see anyones stats except your own. Which means an external site like HaloTracker can’t see anything.

I don’t see a way around this atm wihout collecting people’s WLID passwords which of course you couldn’t do.

EDIT: This isn’t true. I didn’t know you could put gamertags into the search box. My mistake. Still, considering I’ve been on waypoint since it first existed I think it says a lot that I didn’t know you could do that…

> > He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.
>
> With the way stats on Waypoint are currently implemented, you can’t actually see anyones stats except your own. Which means an external site like HaloTracker can’t see anything.
>
> I don’t see a way around this atm wihout collecting people’s WLID passwords which of course you couldn’t do.

Really? I could have sworn that you could see anyone’s, to be honest I have never tried, always used Bnet stats.

> >
> > With the way stats on Waypoint are currently implemented, you can’t actually see anyones stats except your own. Which means an external site like HaloTracker can’t see anything.
> >
> > I don’t see a way around this atm wihout collecting people’s WLID passwords which of course you couldn’t do.
>
> Really? I could have sworn that you could see anyone’s, to be honest I have never tried, always used Bnet stats.

You can view other people’s profiles and stats,but they look messy to me. There’s also no win streak bar as far as I can see,and although I like playing for fun,I often like to see how far I can go before I’m beaten.

> >
> > With the way stats on Waypoint are currently implemented, you can’t actually see anyones stats except your own. Which means an external site like HaloTracker can’t see anything.
> >
> > I don’t see a way around this atm wihout collecting people’s WLID passwords which of course you couldn’t do.
>
> Really? I could have sworn that you could see anyone’s, to be honest I have never tried, always used Bnet stats.

Ok, I’m sorry. I take that back. [You can actually](http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Career/ServiceRecord?gamertag=The Little Moa) if you plug someone’s gamertag into the search box.

I literally did not know of this feature until just now because the integration with the forums is non-existant and there is no ‘compare’ feature like this is on b.net.

> > > > He plans on keeping the site up, with less stats.
> > >
> > > With the way stats on Waypoint are currently implemented, you can’t actually see anyones stats except your own. Which means an external site like HaloTracker can’t see anything.
> > >
> > > I don’t see a way around this atm wihout collecting people’s WLID passwords which of course you couldn’t do.
> >
> > Really? I could have sworn that you could see anyone’s, to be honest I have never tried, always used Bnet stats.
>
> Ok, I’m sorry. I take that back. [You can actually](http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Career/ServiceRecord?gamertag=The Little Moa) if you plug someone’s gamertag into the search box.
>
> I literally did not know of this feature until just now because the integration with the forums is non-existant and there is no ‘compare’ feature like this is on b.net.

Was quite worried then, although I am having troubles loading others Game History, I just get ‘no related files found.’