Halo's Return To MLG

Yep! You read correctly.
Halo is returning to the MLG Pro Circuit!
The first Halo 4 MLG match will be November 4.

I’m sure there are those who don’t really care, but I know some people do.
But look at it this way.
Halo was removed from MLG because Reach was terrible competitively.
So if Halo 4 made it in, that must mean the game is well-designed competitively again.
Atleast enough to make it into MLG.

I heard from a MLG player’s review of Halo 4 that the game was fun, but not competitive.
The fun part is what I really care about, but I’d rather have both.
Now I feel happy knowing the game is both fun, and competitive!

I can’t wait for Halo 4!

If it means I get excited for every MLG tourney like I did with halo 3 and enjoyed every moment of it then it will be awesome. I barely watched Reach MLG because it was so boring and bad.

this must be a big thing to the community. Personally I am not a fan of MLG. but if halo 4 is involved I want to watch it.

This really is a hot topic I have heard about this all august.

I only really care’d about MLG recently because of all the Halo 4 footage they had, same with last year and Gears of War 3.

While I don’t necessarily like most of the people that play MLG (MLG-wanna-be’s, who trash talk, but have little skill to show for it),I don’t mind the gametypes, and I’ll probably watch a few tournaments.

Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.

H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.

You’re about a day late… And Roy is coming back too, so this is going to be an amazing event.

> Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
>
> H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.

Guess you failed to go to MLG.com and read the article. They said they are working on game settings and all that other stuff right now. Doesn’t sound default or bad to me.

Halo 4 will be good, better than Reach at least.

I don’t think Reach was a “terrible competitive” game. I think it was a different competitive game that many people couldn’t pick up on and instead tried to play it like Halo 3.

Putting in Halo 4 doesn’t automatically mean that it’s a well-designed competitive game. For all you know it could be even worse then Reach. If anything the only reason why they were allowed to do this is because Microsoft sees it as nothing but promotion.

I was about to make a thread about this, but I wanted to see if there was one already made. I’m glad I’m not the only one excited about the news. The tournament will hype me up even more for the release of Halo 4 just a couple of days later. I can’t wait to see an early tournament build.

> > Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
> >
> > H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.
>
> Guess you failed to go to MLG.com and read the article. They said they are working on game settings and all that other stuff right now. Doesn’t sound default or bad to me.
>
> Halo 4 will be good, better than Reach at least.

Where does it say they are working on game settings?

> Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
>

Even if it were default settings, should be more interesting watch than MLG Reach since you can move around much easier. More intense battles and such. Also, these guys have years experience in Halo. They should be good even if they haven’t played the game yet. I dominated my first few days on Halo: Reach.

But as the other guy said, it won’t be default settings.

> I don’t think Reach was a “terrible competitive” game. I think it was a different competitive game that many people couldn’t pick up on and instead tried to play it like Halo 3.

Reach is a good game, but Halo has such a high standard that Reach, compared to past Halo titles, was indeed terrible.

> Putting in Halo 4 doesn’t automatically mean that it’s a well-designed competitive game. For all you know it could be even worse then Reach.

That is true.
The return of Halo to MLG doesn’t 100% guarantee that it is competitively well designed.
Nor does it mean it’s better than Reach.
But Reach wasn’t in MLG, and Halo 4 is.
So that means that Halo 4 is competitively well designed (atleast more than Reach) more likely than not.

> If anything the only reason why they were allowed to do this is because Microsoft sees it as nothing but promotion.

What?

> > > Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
> > >
> > > H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.
> >
> > Guess you failed to go to MLG.com and read the article. They said they are working on game settings and all that other stuff right now. Doesn’t sound default or bad to me.
> >
> > Halo 4 will be good, better than Reach at least.
>
> Where does it say they are working on game settings?

Here

In the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the competition – prize money, format, bracket size, schedule, competitor passes and more.

The format part or more would give me the impression they aren’t just going to have every weapon and default settings in use.

>

Lol and this guys on the Halo 4 forums probably trying to get H4 news like the rest of us.

> > > > Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
> > > >
> > > > H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.
> > >
> > > Guess you failed to go to MLG.com and read the article. They said they are working on game settings and all that other stuff right now. Doesn’t sound default or bad to me.
> > >
> > > Halo 4 will be good, better than Reach at least.
> >
> > Where does it say they are working on game settings?
>
> Here
>
> In the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the competition – prize money, format, bracket size, schedule, competitor passes and more.
>
> The format part or more would give me the impression they aren’t just going to have every weapon and default settings in use.

That is all in reference to the tournament, not the game settings.

Tourney format, as in single or double elimination, how many games to do each day, etc…

Wasn’t Halo 4 on a poll that would determine if it were to be in MLG and it came second to TF2? Man that just goes to show you how much they love Halo.

I’m looking forward to some good games.

> > > > > Nobody will be practiced and the game will be played on garbage default settings, this will be a lame tourney.
> > > > >
> > > > > H4 will blow anyway, so I don’t care if MLG picks it up.
> > > >
> > > > Guess you failed to go to MLG.com and read the article. They said they are working on game settings and all that other stuff right now. Doesn’t sound default or bad to me.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 will be good, better than Reach at least.
> > >
> > > Where does it say they are working on game settings?
> >
> > Here
> >
> > In the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the competition – prize money, format, bracket size, schedule, competitor passes and more.
> >
> > The format part or more would give me the impression they aren’t just going to have every weapon and default settings in use.
>
> That is all in reference to the tournament, not the game settings.
>
> Tourney format, as in single or double elimination, how many games to do each day, etc…

oh well I don’t care default or not it will be fun.

I wouldn’t bet anything on Halo 4 being competitive because MLG picked it up.

For one MLG promoting Halo 4 is bringing large amounts of fans back from the mess Reach was. Which I think is 343/Microsoft’s main goal here. It’s a bit of Public Relation. The MLG players get an early play of they hype it up a bit etc. It’s all promotion and money for Microsoft.

One Halo 4 player reviewed the game saying it really had no competitive merit, but was a “fun” game to play. Apart from that review we have really had no truthful reviews. Everything would have been monitored by 343.

In saying this I’m not writing it off, at all. I really, really hope Halo returns to it’s throne. Just saying that we shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves just because MLG has been taken on.

As long as it takes skill I will be a happy camper. I mean that litterally