Halo's Next Book Series?

With the Forerunner saga over and Kilo-5 coming to an end soon, what would you like to see come forth?

I personally would like to see a book covering Johnson and the ORION project. It would shed more light on the insurrectionist movement and we could also hear Johnsons voice yelling in our head again. :wink:

But I also wouldn’t mind a book covering Thel. It could cover some back-history and the hardships with the post-war and if he is to remain a relevant character after Kilo-5 and still lead, it could maybe cover some Kilo-5 espionage or focus more on the aftermath of Kilo-5.

Another book about Grey Team would be great. I heard Eric Nylund wanted to write one but I forgot where. If he were to write one I think it would pretty much be a hit. I’m curious to know how they are post-war. Do they know the War is over? Are they even still alive? I would love to know these things.

> Another book about Grey Team would be great. I heard Eric Nylund wanted to write one but I forgot where. If he were to write one I think it would pretty much be a hit. I’m curious to know how they are post-war. Do they know the War is over? Are they even still alive? I would love to know these things.

I just did some quick googling on gray team and found virtually no info… That’s interesting.

Is the really all the info we have on Gray Team?

If so, I’d be totally down for a book covering them again.

So long as the author respects the Halo universe and isn’t named Karen Traviss I’ll be happy…

But seriously, I wouldn’t mind seeing more about the ancient Human/Forerunner war, perhaps told from the Human perspective. I’d also probably enjoy reading another short story book. The Halo universe is filled with elements too small to justify a full novel, but are perfect for short stories.

I want Nylund back. Fred, Kelly and Linda.

I don’t know.

I would like a book following a groep of people moving from planet to planet as the covenant keep finding them.

Give a little attention to the civilians and what they think about the War.

I woul like a comic about Naomi-010

and I would love another Evolutions Volume

A book series about the pre-covenant war UEG/UNSC relations with the colonies, and the insurrection would be great. There is alot of questions and unknowns pertaining to such an important aspect of the Halo universe, that atleast one book should be written about it.

Most importantly, what happened with Far Isle that resulted in its total destruction? This event is cited by people on both sides of the arguement as to who really started the Insurrection, and who was really in the right (UNSC or Insurrectionists), and I know that alot of people would love to get some clarity on what exactly happened.

I would hope it remains relevant to the current story, as they have been. Suppose Silentium and the third Kilo-5 book introduce ideas for Halo 5, what then is left for Halo 6? I can’t imagine the books to just stop before Halo 6 comes out.

I’m not sure. All I want is some more details on the Precursors, the Forerunner-Human war, Grey Team, and the remains of the UNSC Spirit of Fire. If a book series could deal with these subjects, that would be fantastic.

If a trilogy is not possible, I would love a stand alone book of Blue Team + Chief reunion written by Eric Nylund explaining what happened to the Chief right after Halo 4. Optional: Throw in Gray Team just to spice things up.

Instant. Buy.

> If a trilogy is not possible, I would love a stand alone book of Blue Team + Chief reunion written by Eric Nylund explaining what happened to the Chief right after Halo 4. Optional: Throw in Gray Team just to spice things up.
>
> Instant. Buy.

An entire trilogy to fill in the gaps between Halo 4 and Halo 5? Seems a little excessive and impractical for such a small aspect of the universe. I know Blue team are important, but I can’t see how a reunion between them and the Master Chief could be stretched out to three books. A single book would suffice.

Of course, a trilogy on John + Blue Team post Halo 4 is very far-fetched. A single book is more likely. That doesn’t stop me from wishing. :wink:

> So long as the author respects the Halo universe and isn’t named Karen Traviss I’ll be happy…
>
> But seriously, I wouldn’t mind seeing more about the ancient Human/Forerunner war, perhaps told from the Human perspective. <mark>I’d also probably enjoy reading another short story book</mark>. The Halo universe is filled with elements too small to justify a full novel, but are perfect for short stories.

I forgot about Evolutions! I would also love to see more like that.

> > Another book about Grey Team would be great. I heard Eric Nylund wanted to write one but I forgot where. If he were to write one I think it would pretty much be a hit. I’m curious to know how they are post-war. Do they know the War is over? Are they even still alive? I would love to know these things.
>
> I just did some quick googling on gray team and found virtually no info… That’s interesting.
>
> Is the really all the info we have on Gray Team?
>
> If so, I’d be totally down for a book covering them again.

Grey Team was featured in The Cole Protocol. I would like a post-war sequel to that story explaining what happened to them.

I am a HUGE fan of Greg Bear and would love to see him write more with Halo,maybe a Book saga about the Precursors seeing how he was able to create Foreruner society in great detail he could do the same with Precursor history and society.

Grey Team would be a great story to tell. Pick up right were Cole Protocol left off, explain what happened.

Perhaps pick up the story of Spirit of Fire (as Halo Wars 2 seems incredibly unlikely at this point).

I would love to see a book that looks at the Interplanetary Wars. It could include a copy of the in-universe book A Soldier’s Tale: Rain Forest Wars. That’d be a really cool piece of fiction for fiction junkies.

What I’d really like to see is another encyclopedia, perhaps based on the fictional CAA factbook. It could be a “post-war” publication with full colony listings, which ones got glassed, pre-glassing military strength, info on the various Spartan Programs (including combat-stats for each group). On the other hand, it could be a proper encyclopedia with all that plus timelines of various canon events and breakdowns of Mjolnir and Marine BDUs. The best part would be to finally straighten out those issues with Spartans.

Another option would be another anthology like Halo Evolutions. It would give the opportunity to tell a lot of stories we fans would like to see.

> Grey Team would be a great story to tell. Pick up right were Cole Protocol left off, explain what happened.
>
> Perhaps pick up the story of Spirit of Fire (as Halo Wars 2 seems incredibly unlikely at this point).
>
> I would love to see a book that looks at the Interplanetary Wars. It could include a copy of the in-universe book A Soldier’s Tale: Rain Forest Wars. That’d be a really cool piece of fiction for fiction junkies.
>
> What I’d really like to see is another encyclopedia, perhaps based on the fictional CAA factbook. It could be a “post-war” publication with full colony listings, which ones got glassed, pre-glassing military strength, info on the various Spartan Programs (including combat-stats for each group). On the other hand, it could be a proper encyclopedia with all that plus timelines of various canon events and breakdowns of Mjolnir and Marine BDUs. The best part would be to finally straighten out those issues with Spartans.
>
> Another option would be another anthology like Halo Evolutions. It would give the opportunity to tell a lot of stories we fans would like to see.

Honestly speaking, everything you and Nihilus Shadow mentioned has me salavitating over how awesome any of those books would be…

I would love Gray Team and another Halo Evolutions type book. Evolutions was one of the first few books I read and I couldn’t put it down, I loved reading it so much; it really got me hooked into all the other books.

I have only one request of a new series of books. It being that Greg Bear is contracted out again to make them. He is easlily the best writer Halo has had. Great hard sci fi that will be overlooked because it is a tie in to a videogame which is really a shame.

Something post-Halo 4, maybe with John reuniting with Blue Team with events leading up to Halo 5.