Halo's lore so far.

The reason why I am adding to this forum is that all of these things culminate into the future of halo, including halo 5. I want to say that 343 is doing an amazing job with halo so far and some of the things they are doing are fantastic. But I just want to ask why they keep messing with the little stuff? People have been beating on the whole elite anatomy dead horse for a long time but it’s not just that. In halo nightfall the writers were horrendous. Little things such as the characters mentioning that they were on a rock instead of ring is cringe worthy at best. The new alien race, and how the elite was able to sneak by with a bomb in a shopping mall full of racist humans. Tell me you wouldn’t be if the elites almost made you extinct., why didn’t lock’s team have a long range weapon to assassinate their target? because movies.

Bungie’s deliver hope and odst live action trailers were beautiful and this war with the covenant is not supposed to be dramatic and full of internal conflict. it’s not days of our lives. It’s supposed to be hopeless and terrifying. 343 is weaving a web of plot holes like how the hell did Aiken survive the his surgery’s let alone why the hell did oni let him live. He knows all of their dirty secrets and he works for an outer colony independent military. Then when they introduce the hunter worm’s the things apparently defy gravity. Why should they ever make a hunter form? Obviously they are much more effective when they… fly? Because why? Because movies.

This will apply when they reveal Kelly Linda and Fred. Spartan II’s are damn close to being sociopaths. They are quiet and effective, they don’t banter like fire team Osiris. In fact quite the opposite, blue team always communicated in a field of combat with HUD winks and hand signals. So if I see blue team bantering like an episode of friends I’m going to flip. When they reveal their faces I want to see their alien blue, green and red eyes that look inhuman. I want to see their milk white skin with their solemn expressions. I want to see decades of war weariness. I want fire team Osiris to look them straight in the eyes and be humbled at just how horrifying these people are and how badly they have been hurt. The loss they have felt. 343 keeps going after this days of our lives drama and it’s not working for their live action stuff, and things as simple as the dmr’s being unnaturally large are hurting the chances for there to ever be a decent movie. Seriously does no one stop to think that that is ridiculous?! Where is the quality control? Something like the elite armor being the same? Did someone seriously say that nahh I don’t think the fans will notice.

Holy wall of text, Batman!

I’m not trying to be negative but if you want anyone to read that you’re going to need to break that into paragraphs.

Y’all really should brave that wall of text. That’s unintentional comedy at it’s finest. Plus, you’re missing TWO Days of Our Lives references. Pretty sure Bold and the Beautiful would have been a quality reference too, or even General Hospital, but homeboy was committed.

> 2533274809822501;1:
> The reason why I am adding to this forum is that all of these things culminate into the future of halo, including halo 5. I want to say that 343 is doing an amazing job with halo so far and some of the things they are doing are fantastic. But I just want to ask why they keep messing with the little stuff? People have been beating on the whole elite anatomy dead horse for a long time but it’s not just that. In halo nightfall the writers were horrendous. Little things such as the characters mentioning that they were on a rock instead of ring is cringe worthy at best. The new alien race, and how the elite was able to sneak by with a bomb in a shopping mall full of racist humans. Tell me you wouldn’t be if the elites almost made you extinct., why didn’t lock’s team have a long range weapon to assassinate their target? because movies.
>
> Bungie’s deliver hope and odst live action trailers were beautiful and this war with the covenant is not supposed to be dramatic and full of internal conflict. it’s not days of our lives. It’s supposed to be hopeless and terrifying. 343 is weaving a web of plot holes like how the hell did Aiken survive the his surgery’s let alone why the hell did oni let him live. He knows all of their dirty secrets and he works for an outer colony independent military. Then when they introduce the hunter worm’s the things apparently defy gravity. Why should they ever make a hunter form? Obviously they are much more effective when they… fly? Because why? Because movies.
>
> This will apply when they reveal Kelly Linda and Fred. Spartan II’s are damn close to being sociopaths. They are quiet and effective, they don’t banter like fire team Osiris. In fact quite the opposite, blue team always communicated in a field of combat with HUD winks and hand signals. So if I see blue team bantering like an episode of friends I’m going to flip. When they reveal their faces I want to see their alien blue, green and red eyes that look inhuman. I want to see their milk white skin with their solemn expressions. I want to see decades of war weariness. I want fire team Osiris to look them straight in the eyes and be humbled at just how horrifying these people are and how badly they have been hurt. The loss they have felt. 343 keeps going after this days of our lives drama and it’s not working for their live action stuff, and things as simple as the dmr’s being unnaturally large are hurting the chances for there to ever be a decent movie. Seriously does no one stop to think that that is ridiculous?! Where is the quality control? Something like the elite armor being the same? Did someone seriously say that nahh I don’t think the fans will notice.

Uhh… what were they standing on in Nightfall? Yes, the overall setting was on a ring. But on top of that metallic ring is rock. Saying they’re on a rock is completely accurate.

People had been speculating that there are other Covenant client species that we didn’t see for years. Could it have been a bit more unique than a humanoid? Sure.

How do you know it was a mall full of racist humans? Some have unchanging hard feelings towards the Covenant, justifiably. But not everyone. Many distant colonies had lived in harmony with Covenant species for years. There are Covenant asylum seekers on Earth.

Locke’s team was ONI. Their original mission was to be silent and quick. No long range weapons needed.

I’m going to stop individually addressing your alleged “plot holes” because they’re either just nitpicking or ignoring the fact that there is a lot we don’t know about Halo’s universe and everything doesn’t need to be introduced in an explosion. There are canonical reasons for prety much all of the things you listed.