Halo's Forreuners =VS.= Stargate's The Ancients

Which ancient alien civilization is the most advanced. From the best selling video game franchise or the long running TV show.

The Forerunners OR The Ancients

Both have Advanced cities, colonies and outposts

Forerunners uses Halos to kill all life in the galaxy. Ancients uses the Temple of Dakara to kill all life and seed life in the galaxy.

Forerunners uses ships and portals. Ancients uses ships and Stargates to travel to planets.

Forerunners created artificial worlds. The Ancients created flying cities, that can travel through space.

Forerunners created Prometheans. (alien killing robots) The Ancients created the replicators. (humanoid/alien killing robots)

The forerunners reminds me of the ancients from the TV show, and I just wanted to see what you guys think which one is more powerful.
(If you guys ever watched the show.)

To be completely honest if you watched enough of Stargate you’d know the Ancients would lose.

• They don’t like fighting- Lack a substantial population- Technology is too inconsistent

Which is the exact opposite of the Forerunners.

I only saw one Stargate episode at the age of 4 and this one random soldier had a weird worm go inside his neck and like kill him. I had nightmares after that and never bothered watching it again. So can’t say. I’ll be biased and say forerunners!

> 2533274835488730;2:
> To be completely honest if you watched enough of Stargate you’d know the Ancients would lose.
>
> - They don’t like fighting
> - Lack a substantial population
> - Technology is too inconsistent
> Which is the exact opposite of the Forerunners.

They also seem to be militarily incompetent because they lost to the Wraith in their own galaxy despite a massive technological advantage.

Stargate just suffers from the script being written to bring in ratings rather than actually fit in with the established lore.
:confused:

The only time ancient stuff ever seemed decent militarily was the Or’i (or however they were supposed to be spelled) as their ships seemed like they could kick some serious butt. Even then all their super tech could have been learned after they ascended.

The ancients also could traverse galaxies with much greater ease than the forerunners could, but a lot of that also simply plays into how the physics of faster than light travel work in their respective universes.

> 2533274800962187;3:
> I only saw one Stargate episode at the age of 4 and this one random soldier had a weird worm go inside his neck and like kill him. I had nightmares after that and never bothered watching it again. So can’t say. I’ll be biased and say forerunners!

Age of 4, making me feel old. As much as I like stargate, I’d say the Forerunners.

The Forerunners win hands down. The Ancients are never shown to have the industrial capacity or scale that their technological capabilities should allow. You could argue that’s it’s due to the show’s budget and everything but unless we actually see on screen or read a canon novel, comic, play a canon game etc. explicitly showing/stating a scale/industrial base rivaling the Forerunners-the Forerunners win outright. The Ancients were shown as incredibly incompetant or neglectful throughout the series and the ascended ancients won’t interfere because of their rules. Or the Others rules - there’s no garantee the ancients are the largest bunch in that collective and we know other races ascended too so they may not have actually made those rules. And their could always be a higher order of beings above them anyway.

The forerunners are, undefeatable though… :’( … untill the flood came and they basically had to kill themselves in the process of saving everything from the flood.

sigh This has been done to death on forums all over the internet.

The Ancients are outnumbered, outgunned, out teched, out everythinged, essentially.

Remember the Ancients’ project Arcturus?
It was the ancients’ holy grail of energy collection technology, and could theoretically provide as much energy as the universe contains,
if it worked, which it did, but with highly undesirable side effects, that made it worthless.

Any piece of Forerunner technology runs on a working, multiversal version of that, which doesn’t have the same problems,
and can theoretically provide an unlimited amount of energy.

It’s questionable if the Ancients could even get through Forerunner energy shields, which even the Forerunners themselves are unable to do with pure firepower,
and have to bypass with their esoteric weaponry.

On the matter of possible time travel:

If the Ancients travel up to 12 million years back in time, they are still sufficienty outmatched to not be able to do anything,
due to the Forerunners already having been a Tier 1 civilization at that time.

If the Ancients travel more than 12 million years back, and attempt to mess with the, at that time, young Forerunner civilization,
they encounter a people that really doesn’t like it if their possible successors are threatened by something said possible successors cannot survive yet on their own.

If the Ancients travel to the beginning of time, in the hopes of killing the Precursors,
they will realize that the Precursors are older than time, and the universe.

> 2533274886001034;10:
> Remember the Ancients’ project Arcturus?
> It was the ancients’ holy grail of energy collection technology, and could theoretically provide as much energy as the universe contains,
> if it worked, which it did, but with highly undesirable side effects, that made it worthless.
>
> Any piece of Forerunner technology runs on a working, multiversal version of that, which doesn’t have the same problems,
> and can theoretically provide an unlimited amount of energy.

Didn’t Stargate Atlantis have ZPM’s which were pretty much exactly what forerunner tech uses?

> 2533274970251252;1:
> Which ancient alien civilization is the most advanced. From the best selling video game franchise or the long running TV show.
>
> The Forerunners OR The Ancients
>
> Both have Advanced cities, colonies and outposts
>
> Forerunners uses Halos to kill all life in the galaxy. Ancients uses the Temple of Dakara to kill all life and seed life in the galaxy.
>
> Forerunners uses ships and portals. Ancients uses ships and Stargates to travel to planets.
>
> Forerunners created artificial worlds. The Ancients created flying cities, that can travel through space.
>
> Forerunners created Prometheans. (alien killing robots) The Ancients created the replicators. (humanoid/alien killing robots)
>
> The forerunners reminds me of the ancients from the TV show, and I just wanted to see what you guys think which one is more powerful.
> (If you guys ever watched the show.)

If the Ancients even tried to fight a war it’d be pretty close but ancients are too lazy to give a -Yoink- about war

Then the precursors come in and erase them both from existence; the shortest war in history record beaten

Why are so many dead threads being brought back?

> 2533274936927904;13:
> Then the precursors come in and erase them both from existence; the shortest war in history record beaten

The precursors got wiped out by the forerunners…

Forerunners would definitely win.

The forerunners beat the humans when the humans were far more advanced than the current UNSC are, had a rough time doing it, but they won. The forerunners are only marginally less warlike than humans simply because they decided to use a man-of-steel kryptonian type of society where they pre-program their roles and tasks into their genetics (I am correct in assuming this right?) So yeah Forerunners hands down.

I can’t think of too many Sci-Fi universes that would actually BEAT the established lore for halo on the basis of technological and militaristic activity outside of comic book super heroes (and even then, I don’t think they’d win either)

> 2533274869573550;14:
> Why are so many dead threads being brought back?

Boredom? Not wanting to make new threads on a subject that already exists? Gill?

I realize this thread is 5 years old but whatever.

The answer is very, very simple. The Ancients would lose. Bad. The Forerunners created entire artificial words with ecosystems and suns. They actually used planets and suns for energy, collapsing them in on themselfs and whatnot.

They created the Halo array and it isn’t even close to the device on Dakara. They could only use it on planets with Stargates by basically cheating and connecting to the entire network. The Forerunners created the Halo’s to literally wipe out all biological life in the entire galaxy. One ring would destroy all life on a scale of 25.000 lightyears.

They had facilities that just made these Halo rings automatically, as well as countless Sentinel factories that could spew out and unlimited amount of Sentinels.

The Forerunner weaponry was leagues ahead of Ancient weaponry, who basically still used “ammo”. I’m pretty sure their drones couldn’t even touch Forerunner ships. They’re pretty slow so Forerunners would probably be able to destroy them before they came too close.

Forerunner ships have instantanious FTL capabilities, althought the Ancients might have as well. As I recall, the Asgard could do this and they weren’t even close to the Ancients.

At the end of the day, I only see the Ancients winning a fight against the Forerunners in their Ascended form and even then, I could see the Forerunners defeat them with a similar device SG-1 used to destroy the Ori. That being said, if the Ascended Ancients had their morals off, I doubt they would even give the Forerunners the chance to create anything that could hurt them.

A more interesting fight would be Ascended Ancients without morals VS Precursors without morals.