Halo's evolution

First post, be gentle.

It seems I’m the only guy I know who has been playing as long as I have who is positive about how Halo 4 is shaping up, and for whatever reason it kinda bugs me. Are there any other players who have been playing since at least Halo 2 that are actually excited for Halo 4?

I was 7 when halo ce came out. And i am still playing and will continue to play. I HATE how long it is going to take for halo 4 to come out and i am more excited for this than i really should be. so no you are not the only one.

Well I’m excited for Halo 4…

I’ve been playing since CE, several accounts later and I’m still playing and I still enjoy Halo. I’m extremely excited for H4, and honestly 5, and 6. I love the universe and I know how you feel. You eventually get use to the pessimistic comments.

I’ve been playing since Halo: Combat Evolved. I’m excited for Halo 4, definitely. But sometimes pessimism is a good thing.

Been playing since 2002, and I can’t wait for Halo 4. To be honest, I think it’s the best looking one yet.

Glad to hear I’m not alone, thanks guys. Though I do have trouble believing that I’ll ever get used to “HALO 4 SUCKS BRING BACK 1-50 PERKS WTF IS THIS -Yoink- COD COD COD 343i SUCKS I HATE ARMOR ABILITIES”

There are many more, including myself, who have been playing since Halo: CE first came out and are really excited for the new Trilogy. Forums are just always full of people who just have to ruin it for everyone else.

been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.

> been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.

Anything in particular?

> > been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.
>
> Anything in particular?

sandbox being balanced around preference not strategy is the main one.

> > > been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.
> >
> > Anything in particular?
>
> sandbox being balanced around preference not strategy is the main one.

Not sure I understand what you mean…

> > > > been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.
> > >
> > > Anything in particular?
> >
> > sandbox being balanced around preference not strategy is the main one.
>
> Not sure I understand what you mean…

around preference is just catering to your personal preference, do you prefer CQC or long range you can choose while having the same amount of advantage and disadvantage against everything else, this type of balancing ultiimately leads to horrible imbalances in the game, you will get loadout combination that combined different prefrences together to create one super loadout with the only way to really counter it would be to use the same loadout making everything else redundant.

from my perspective, balancing around preference is an impossible task because everyone has there own way to play the game, to work it into the game the maps are going to have to cater to certain ways of playing the game further pushing overpowered loadouts but different maps requires a different overpowered loudout bringing the variety to the game, but, its still overpowered.

when its strategy, you have select few options that are designed to give you certain strategical advantages, by themselves they give little advantages so as a team you work together to combine different loadouts and define player roles for proper strategy, when going solo your choice in loadout won’t put you at a big disadvantage or a big advantage, you will be on the same level as them, the thing seperating the players is the level of skill and teamwork, this creates a more thriving competitive enviorment while also keeping it balanced and enjoyable for low level and casual play.

> > > > > been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.
> > > >
> > > > Anything in particular?
> > >
> > > sandbox being balanced around preference not strategy is the main one.
> >
> > Not sure I understand what you mean…
>
> around preference is just catering to your personal preference, do you prefer CQC or long range you can choose while having the same amount of advantage and disadvantage against everything else, this type of balancing ultiimately leads to horrible imbalances in the game, you will get loadout combination that combined different prefrences together to create one super loadout with the only way to really counter it would be to use the same loadout making everything else redundant.
>
> from my perspective, balancing around preference is an impossible task because everyone has there own way to play the game, to work it into the game the maps are going to have to cater to certain ways of playing the game further pushing overpowered loadouts but different maps requires a different overpowered loudout bringing the variety to the game, but, its still overpowered.
>
> when its strategy, you have select few options that are designed to give you certain strategical advantages, by themselves they give little advantages so as a team you work together to combine different loadouts and define player roles for proper strategy, when going solo your choice in loadout won’t put you at a big disadvantage or a big advantage, you will be on the same level as them, the thing seperating the players is the level of skill and teamwork, this creates a more thriving competitive enviorment while also keeping it balanced and enjoyable for low level and casual play.

I think I get it now, thank you. What are your thoughts on ordnance drops?

> > > > > > been playing since CE and also excited but just because i’m excited doesn’t mean i think its all good, there are things that have me extremely worried.
> > > > >
> > > > > Anything in particular?
> > > >
> > > > sandbox being balanced around preference not strategy is the main one.
> > >
> > > Not sure I understand what you mean…
> >
> > around preference is just catering to your personal preference, do you prefer CQC or long range you can choose while having the same amount of advantage and disadvantage against everything else, this type of balancing ultiimately leads to horrible imbalances in the game, you will get loadout combination that combined different prefrences together to create one super loadout with the only way to really counter it would be to use the same loadout making everything else redundant.
> >
> > from my perspective, balancing around preference is an impossible task because everyone has there own way to play the game, to work it into the game the maps are going to have to cater to certain ways of playing the game further pushing overpowered loadouts but different maps requires a different overpowered loudout bringing the variety to the game, but, its still overpowered.
> >
> > when its strategy, you have select few options that are designed to give you certain strategical advantages, by themselves they give little advantages so as a team you work together to combine different loadouts and define player roles for proper strategy, when going solo your choice in loadout won’t put you at a big disadvantage or a big advantage, you will be on the same level as them, the thing seperating the players is the level of skill and teamwork, this creates a more thriving competitive enviorment while also keeping it balanced and enjoyable for low level and casual play.
>
> I think I get it now, thank you. What are your thoughts on ordnance drops?

not fond of it but it can work, as long as they only put intermediate weapons and upgrades in them then it won’t overly reward the players who are good at the game.

I think I may have seen people call in sniper rifles and spartan lasers in with the ordnance drop, not sure how I feel about that.
I don’t actually know how people get ordnance drops. Is it a killing spree thing, or…?

> I think I may have seen people call in sniper rifles and spartan lasers in with the ordnance drop, not sure how I feel about that.
> I don’t actually know how people get ordnance drops. Is it a killing spree thing, or…?

kills over time, dieing doesn’t reset the count so anyone can get it eventually which is actually good.

having stuff like snipers and lazers in ordinance drops is really stupid, being able to get a few kills then call in a lazer is going to make it to easy to take down the vehicles and spawning with stuff like the sniper is going to promote long range camping.

The only thing that bothers me about Ordnance Drops is it’s rewarded upon killing sprees, but like in CoD kill streaks promote camping, I’m worried this could do the same to Halo.

> The only thing that bothers me about Ordnance Drops is it’s rewarded upon killing sprees, but like in CoD kill streaks promote camping, I’m worried this could do the same to Halo.

Perhaps that is why Promethean Vision was introduced.

Also, Army, hopefully the number of kills required to call in a splaser of sniper rifle will be more than a few, but if not, then I too think this may turn out to be a bad thing :confused:

> > The only thing that bothers me about Ordnance Drops is it’s rewarded upon killing sprees, but like in CoD kill streaks promote camping, I’m worried this could do the same to Halo.
>
> Perhaps that is why Promethean Vision was introduced.
>
> Also, Army, hopefully the number of kills required to call in a splaser of sniper rifle will be more than a few, but if not, then I too think this may turn out to be a bad thing :confused:

from the videos i saw it wasn’t that many, don’t know exact numbers but i think its around 5 kills