Halo's enemies feel too much of the same thing...

TLDR: bring back old enemies so the game isn’t the same thing over and over again.

Also I am only talking about the base enemies not varients.

I’ve been thinking… with what we have in halo 5 the enemies honestly have become a chore to fight. Not just in multiplayer but also in campaign…

Think about what we have currently.

We have the same old covenant but with 3 species completely gone.
We have unfair, unbalanced, spongy robots.
And the flood is completely missing (though it will inevitably return some day)

Honestly we need more enemies in halo to keep it interesting, at this moment it seems like it’s the same thing over and over again. We need more variety in enemies. By bringing back the covenant species that are missing. A promethian version of a jackle, and (inevitably) the flood.

Now I’m going to go into detail about what I’m talking about. For 15 years we’ve learned the padderns and abilities of all the covenant. But promethians are a whole new mess.

Changes to promethians are in bold

Enemies in halo 5

Elites:
Act as squad leaders
Have shields
Color determines shield strength and overall deadliness

Grunts:
Act brave until the elite leader is killed then run like cowards.
Often will light plasma grenades and kamikaze into players
Get killed with a single head shot no matter what difficulty your on so they over all are more of a nuisance.

Jackals:
Act as support units
Most have shields
Snipers will instant kill you if they see you but if you get close they drop their sniper and run like cowards.
Can be killed by a single head shot.

Hunters:
Act as walking tanks
Giant fule rod cannon
Giant shield
Shoot in the back to kill.

Soldiers:
new promethian version of a brute from halo 3.
Spongy Armor layer
Make up most of encounters

Crawlers:
do not climb on walls anymore or at least not enough to be relevant, I’ve heard they can still do it though.
Can be killed with a single head shot
Are always in packs.

Honestly one of the biggest problems with crawlers is that they no longer climb walls like in halo 4. In halo 4 you litterally had to watch everya where since crawlers were a viable threat, in halo 5 they’re a joke that just charge for you. There’s no sense of unpredictability from them anymore now it’s just
Point
Shoot
Dead
Move on.

Watchers:
no longer revive promethians, summon crawler packs, or make turrets.

Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a bad thing. But for the most part watchers are just there.Now heal promethians to full health.

This is a good aspect of making watchers. More of a priority target. But watchers almost never appear at all.Shield promethians

Knight:
No longer have shields, grenades, or teleporting.

Thank godNow the equivalent of a promethian hunter.

My idea for a promethian jackle

Name: squire
. The squire acts as a watcher and a soldier combined with a jackle
. It has a hard light shield at all times but no armor covering it’s face so it can be killed by a headshot.
. It can fly just like a watcher or fight on the ground

Enemies completely missing!

Brutes:

Fun fact brutes are actually in Jul M’damas covenant and are at the battle of Sunion… you just don’t see themIn halo 2 they don’t have shields. In three and reach they have destructible armor.
Basically act as nerfed hunters.
Come in packs
When taking significant damage or the rest of the pack is killed brutes will Berserk giving them more health and faster speed. They will only charge and use mellee in this state.

Drones:

Drones were basically the covenant version of the halo 4 crawlers except they could fly.giant bugs that travel in swarms. The only covenent species that can fly, and I mean fly fly not hover across the map fly.
Can pick up marines and kill them
Can be killed by a single headshot

Skirmishers:

A sub species of jackal introduced in reachDon’t carry one shield instead having two tiny shields
Usually dual wield weapons.

The flood:

Do I even have to describe it?Sentinels:
The original promethians
Can fly
Uses small laser to attack
Canonically all have shields, but in game most don’t.

Sentinal enforcers:
Larger sentinal
Shields covering the front
Machine guns
Rockets
Can grab vehicles and crush them.

(I believe the sentinel enforcer was actually coded as a vehicle in the code for halo 2, but it had an invisible AI driving it.)

Turning Promethean into Covenant tactic would not be a good idea. I think they should have their own types and tactics. Also, if you didn’t notice, there is Promethean Sniper (type of Soldier) that can be killed with headshot, but take a lot of shots in body to kill. I think Crawlers and Watchers should work way it was in Halo 4. Knights should have abilities like Halo 4’s Knights. Soldiers are fine. One type of Promethean with giant eye needs to appear more. Plus more creative Promethean class. I miss how Promethean worked in Halo 4.

The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.

I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.

Where are Sentinels???

Here is a list of some things missing from 343 Industries’ version of Halo.

Enemy types

Covenant:

• Brutes* - Skirmishers - Buggers - EngineersPromethean:

• Sentinel - EnforcerFlood:

• All types**Canonically justified

Vehicles

Covenant:

• Spectre - Anti-air wraith - ScarabUNSC:

• Hornet - Elephant - Transport Warthog - FalconI am sure there’s much more (you already mentioned the enemies and I don’t even want to get started on the weapons), but you can see why the new trilogy lacks variety, it’s because they got rid of a lot of things. If 343 would just bring back the familiar and introduce new things then there wouldn’t be an issue.

I really miss brutes. I miss killing them in h3 and tbagging them ugly bodies with the great h3 tbag body physics.

I liked how the crawlers could climb on walls, it may have gotten annoying at times but it did make them diffrent and intresting to fight.

It was the Knights though that were truly annoying in halo 4. Halo 5 did them justice , kinda…

> 2535456165221911;2:
> The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.
>
> I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.

lmao have you not played Halo 3 on Legendary? Vehicles were garbage you had to cross huge maps on foot to stand a chance since Warthogs would blow up in 2 seconds or have you die in them. Worse campaign in my opinion. The flood were everywhere and they were NEVER fun to fight or see since their introduction. Brutes are basically the same. And don’t get me started on that human-covenant alliance -Yoink-. Best mutiplayer? Maybe. H3 campaign was -Yoink-.

Tbh, Fighting Covenant and Prometheans is way different and requires different strategies, I like it. I think 343 could refine some combat aspects, bring back old enemies and create NEW enemies as well.

> 2535440942109919;6:
> > 2535456165221911;2:
> > The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.
> >
> > I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.
>
>
> lmao have you not played Halo 3 on Legendary? Vehicles were garbage you had to cross huge maps on foot to stand a chance since Warthogs would blow up in 2 seconds or have you die in them. Worse campaign in my opinion. The flood were everywhere and they were NEVER fun to fight or see since their introduction. Brutes are basically the same. And don’t get me started on that human-covenant alliance -Yoink-. Best mutiplayer? Maybe. H3 campaign was -Yoink-.

That is your case, not mine. Halo 5’s campaign is much worse than Halo 3’s. Halo 3’s campaign is one of best singleplayer experience in video game.

Promethean Soldiers are less like Forerunner Elite equivalents and more like Halo 3 Brutes done wrong, in my opinion. Both are horrible bullet sponges, have destructible armor, and take one headshot to kill when the armor is gone.

• please delete this post *

i agree, 343 should bring back all the enimies from frevious halos

Here’s hoping they just throw all the enemies into Halo 6.
Idc about whatever retconning they gotta do, just do it.

> 2535456165221911;2:
> Turning Promethean into Covenant tactic would not be a good idea. I think they should have their own types and tactics. Also, if you didn’t notice, there is Promethean Sniper (type of Soldier) that can be killed with headshot, but take a lot of shots in body to kill. I think Crawlers and Watchers should work way it was in Halo 4. Knights should have abilities like Halo 4’s Knights. Soldiers are fine. One type of Promethean with giant eye needs to appear more. Plus more creative Promethean class. I miss how Promethean worked in Halo 4.
>
> The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.
>
> I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.
>
> Where are Sentinels???

Crap forgot to put sentinels on my list. I’ll add them

> 2533274855477511;3:
> Here is a list of some things missing from 343 Industries’ version of Halo.
>
> Enemy types
>
> Covenant:
>
> - Brutes*
> - Skirmishers
> - Buggers
> - Engineers
> Promethean:
>
> - Sentinel
> - Enforcer
> Flood:
>
> - All types*
> *Canonically justified
>
> Vehicles
>
> Covenant:
>
> - Spectre
> - Anti-air wraith
> - Scarab
> UNSC:
>
> - Hornet
> - Elephant
> - Transport Warthog
> - Falcon
> I am sure there’s much more (you already mentioned the enemies and I don’t even want to get started on the weapons), but you can see why the new trilogy lacks variety, it’s because they got rid of a lot of things. If 343 would just bring back the familiar and introduce new things then there wouldn’t be an issue.

Your missing super scarab, prowler, brute chopper and, shadow.

> 2533274879407634;13:
> > 2535456165221911;2:
> > Turning Promethean into Covenant tactic would not be a good idea. I think they should have their own types and tactics. Also, if you didn’t notice, there is Promethean Sniper (type of Soldier) that can be killed with headshot, but take a lot of shots in body to kill. I think Crawlers and Watchers should work way it was in Halo 4. Knights should have abilities like Halo 4’s Knights. Soldiers are fine. One type of Promethean with giant eye needs to appear more. Plus more creative Promethean class. I miss how Promethean worked in Halo 4.
> >
> > The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.
> >
> > I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.
> >
> > Where are Sentinels???
>
>
> Crap forgot to put sentinels on my list. I’ll add them
>
>
> > 2533274855477511;3:
> > Here is a list of some things missing from 343 Industries’ version of Halo.
> >
> > Enemy types
> >
> > Covenant:
> >
> > - Brutes*
> > - Skirmishers
> > - Buggers
> > - Engineers
> > Promethean:
> >
> > - Sentinel
> > - Enforcer
> > Flood:
> >
> > - All types*
> > *Canonically justified
> >
> > Vehicles
> >
> > Covenant:
> >
> > - Spectre
> > - Anti-air wraith
> > - Scarab
> > UNSC:
> >
> > - Hornet
> > - Elephant
> > - Transport Warthog
> > - Falcon
> > I am sure there’s much more (you already mentioned the enemies and I don’t even want to get started on the weapons), but you can see why the new trilogy lacks variety, it’s because they got rid of a lot of things. If 343 would just bring back the familiar and introduce new things then there wouldn’t be an issue.
>
>
> Your missing super scarab, prowler, brute chopper and, shadow.

Why’s everyone forgetting about the revenant from reach? That was a pretty cool vehicle, it was like a wraith/ghost hybrid, and also who thinks they should have a heretic variant of the covie vehicles just as a little nod to halo 2?

> 2533274820812525;14:
> > 2533274879407634;13:
> > > 2535456165221911;2:
> > > Turning Promethean into Covenant tactic would not be a good idea. I think they should have their own types and tactics. Also, if you didn’t notice, there is Promethean Sniper (type of Soldier) that can be killed with headshot, but take a lot of shots in body to kill. I think Crawlers and Watchers should work way it was in Halo 4. Knights should have abilities like Halo 4’s Knights. Soldiers are fine. One type of Promethean with giant eye needs to appear more. Plus more creative Promethean class. I miss how Promethean worked in Halo 4.
> > >
> > > The lack of enemy diversity also comes from lack of usage of vehicles. The reason Halo 3’s campaign was great was most missions were outstanding and diversity with vehicles. Every fights were not same, unlike Halo 5. 343 needs to bring back or create new vehicles, not skins.
> > >
> > > I find no diversity from 343’s game. Their game is too repetitive.
> > >
> > > Where are Sentinels???
> >
> >
> > Crap forgot to put sentinels on my list. I’ll add them
> >
> >
> > > 2533274855477511;3:
> > > Here is a list of some things missing from 343 Industries’ version of Halo.
> > >
> > > Enemy types
> > >
> > > Covenant:
> > >
> > > - Brutes*
> > > - Skirmishers
> > > - Buggers
> > > - Engineers
> > > Promethean:
> > >
> > > - Sentinel
> > > - Enforcer
> > > Flood:
> > >
> > > - All types*
> > > *Canonically justified
> > >
> > > Vehicles
> > >
> > > Covenant:
> > >
> > > - Spectre
> > > - Anti-air wraith
> > > - Scarab
> > > UNSC:
> > >
> > > - Hornet
> > > - Elephant
> > > - Transport Warthog
> > > - Falcon
> > > I am sure there’s much more (you already mentioned the enemies and I don’t even want to get started on the weapons), but you can see why the new trilogy lacks variety, it’s because they got rid of a lot of things. If 343 would just bring back the familiar and introduce new things then there wouldn’t be an issue.
> >
> >
> > Your missing super scarab, prowler, brute chopper and, shadow.
>
>
> Why’s everyone forgetting about the revenant from reach? That was a pretty cool vehicle, it was like a wraith/ghost hybrid, and also who thinks they should have a heretic variant of the covie vehicles just as a little nod to halo 2?

Crap. How could I forget the revenant but I remembered the shadow… damn.

You drive a great point, and I like how you purpose to fix it. I especially like your Jackal-promethean hybrid. Also, the Jackal subspecies from halo reach are called skirmishers.

I’d like to see them bring back all the enemies they’ve removed for some ridiculous reason, I’d also like more promethean units now that I’m getting used to them being in Halo, also some promethean ground vehicles would be good if designed correctly, so we don’t have to fight against soldiers in human vehicles, like the friggin mantis bosses whose health and shields fully recharge in like 2 seconds, who the -Yoink- came up with that?

> 2533274988394857;16:
> You drive a great point, and I like how you purpose to fix it. I especially like your Jackal-promethean hybrid. Also, the Jackal subspecies from halo reach are called skirmishers.

I already had skirmishers on the list though

> 2533274820812525;17:
> I’d like to see them bring back all the enemies they’ve removed for some ridiculous reason, I’d also like more promethean units now that I’m getting used to them being in Halo, also some promethean ground vehicles would be good if designed correctly, so we don’t have to fight against soldiers in human vehicles, like the friggin mantis bosses whose health and shields fully recharge in like 2 seconds, who the -Yoink- came up with that?

Omg dude. I tried to 1v1 that mantis boss with my scorpion and by the time I prepared my 2nd shot shield came back.
All I did the whole time was just drop it’s shields over and over til death.

OT: Great read op.

> 2533274879407634;18:
> > 2533274988394857;16:
> > You drive a great point, and I like how you purpose to fix it. I especially like your Jackal-promethean hybrid. Also, the Jackal subspecies from halo reach are called skirmishers.
>
>
> I already had skirmishers on the list though

But you didn’t call them skirmishers