Halo's 25th Anniversary... what might we get?

For Halo’s 20th Anniversary, we are getting Halo Infinite. But five years later, what would Microsoft and 343 do for Halo’s 25th? Here is what I believe might happen :

Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST will get the remaster treatment.

Fans have been asking for Halo 3 Anniversary to be made, but since the MCC was announced and published, those cries seem to possibly go unanswered… unless 343 Industries partners up with Saber, Certain Affinity, and Blur Studios to make Halo 3 Remastered. But since Halo Infinite is to be the main Halo game that they will keep live for the next decade post launch, I believe that we will simply receive Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST’s campaigns getting a remaster as a DLC for Halo Infinite.

After all, with Infinite being a return to form in terms of art style and having the higher-end graphics supported by the Xbox Series X/S; it would make sense to have only the campaigns get remastered fully. As for why I think Certain Affinity should be brought into the mix? Imagine remastering the entirety of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s PvP Maps AND remastering all of Halo 3 ODST’s & Halo Reach’s Firefight maps to be added to Halo Infinite? Imagine adding in a separate customization armory where players get to customize their ODST from the ground up for use in PvE and select PvP modes such as SWAT or VIP? Any weapons and vehicles not available already in Halo Infiinite that were available in Halo 3 could easily be brought over into the game to even further add to the sandbox for things such as Forge.

That is what I believe that 343 might do for Halo’s 25th Anniversary, which would technically allow them to continue main development on Halo Infinite, and have the massive expansion of available playable maps be available for free for players, while we would have to pay something like $20 to get the remastered Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST campaigns.

Thoughts anyone?

Honestly. Probably nothing. Except maybe some microtransaction skin for Infinite.

I don’t think we will be getting any remasters again, as much as I would love an H3A. CEA came out and everyone complained about how the game looked so much different than the original CE… H2A came out and everyone liked the BLUR stuff but still complained about other stuff that was changed… soooo what’s 343’s incentive to make an H3A at this point? Spoiler alert: this community will find something wrong with that to complain about too.

Not to mention, 343 is planning on developing stuff for Infinite over the next ten years. There’s plenty of new stuff to explore that we don’t have to dive back into the old just yet.

Who knows? By then we might be getting Halo 7.

> 2535440984040626;4:
> Who knows? By then we might be getting Halo 7.

Halo Infinite is to be the main focus of Halo until 2031. H7 is unlikely, but spinoffs and remasters are still pretty much available options

> 2533275064872824;1:
> For Halo’s 20th Anniversary, we are getting Halo Infinite. But five years later, what would Microsoft and 343 do for Halo’s 25th? Here is what I believe might happen :
>
> Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST will get the remaster treatment.
>
> Fans have been asking for Halo 3 Anniversary to be made, but since the MCC was announced and published, those cries seem to possibly go unanswered… unless 343 Industries partners up with Saber, Certain Affinity, and Blur Studios to make Halo 3 Remastered. But since Halo Infinite is to be the main Halo game that they will keep live for the next decade post launch, I believe that we will simply receive Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST’s campaigns getting a remaster as a DLC for Halo Infinite.
>
> After all, with Infinite being a return to form in terms of art style and having the higher-end graphics supported by the Xbox Series X/S; it would make sense to have only the campaigns get remastered fully. As for why I think Certain Affinity should be brought into the mix? Imagine remastering the entirety of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3’s PvP Maps AND remastering all of Halo 3 ODST’s & Halo Reach’s Firefight maps to be added to Halo Infinite? Imagine adding in a separate customization armory where players get to customize their ODST from the ground up for use in PvE and select PvP modes such as SWAT or VIP? Any weapons and vehicles not available already in Halo Infiinite that were available in Halo 3 could easily be brought over into the game to even further add to the sandbox for things such as Forge.
>
> That is what I believe that 343 might do for Halo’s 25th Anniversary, which would technically allow them to continue main development on Halo Infinite, and have the massive expansion of available playable maps be available for free for players, while we would have to pay something like $20 to get the remastered Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST campaigns.
>
> Thoughts anyone?

We will get nothing except for GT pics. My expectations are not high

I would like to see halo 3 and reach getting remastered after some time when the graphics will become more advanced and maybe the player base would increase even more.
In my opinion its too early to think a 25th or even a 30th anniversary, we just have enjoy what we have now and watch the halo universe and player base change in all his aspects.

Hah! That’s in 5 years.

I honestly hope that Halo 3 would get a remake

Hopefully a -Yoink!- 25th Anniversary console and game?

> 2533275064872824;5:
> > 2535440984040626;4:
> >
>
> Halo Infinite is to be the main focus of Halo until 2031. H7 is unlikely, but spinoffs and remasters are still pretty much available options

And Destiny was suppose to be a Bungies main focus til 2024. “10 year plans” have never been achieved.

> 2533274819903178;10:
> > 2533275064872824;5:
> > > 2535440984040626;4:
> > >
> >
> > Halo Infinite is to be the main focus of Halo until 2031. H7 is unlikely, but spinoffs and remasters are still pretty much available options
>
> And Destiny was suppose to be a Bungies main focus til 2024. “10 year plans” have never been achieved.

*ahem *overzealously directs your attention to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and their goal of 100 Operators, now with only 40 more to go to reach that goal. The Pathfinders (also, Ubisoft has stated that they fully intend for there to be more than 100 if they can manage that.)

> 2533275064872824;11:
> > 2533274819903178;10:
> > > 2533275064872824;5:
> > > > 2535440984040626;4:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Halo Infinite is to be the main focus of Halo until 2031. H7 is unlikely, but spinoffs and remasters are still pretty much available options
> >
> > And Destiny was suppose to be a Bungies main focus til 2024. “10 year plans” have never been achieved.
>
> *ahem *overzealously directs your attention to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and their goal of 100 Operators, now with only 40 more to go to reach that goal. The Pathfinders (also, Ubisoft has stated that they fully intend for there to be more than 100 if they can manage that.)

Still got 4 more years to achieve that 10 year mark and have to deal with current consoles being made and bought (hopefully not by scammer bots) in that time frame. And 1 potential success out of the majority of failures doesn’t excuse the fact that companies are obsessed with 10 year road plans that have a giant track record of failure.

Special edition Series X with a Master Chief helmet or a Battle Rifle.

Maybe a special event in Infinite (if released).

lets see what we get this year for a 20 yr ann.

I doubt we’ll get a remaster/remake for Halo 3.

i could see us gettin a nameplate or emblem for the 25th anniversary.

I hope to see a spinoff game or maybe Halo Wars 3, who knows?

> 2533274957090216;17:
> I hope to see a spinoff game or maybe Halo Wars 3, who knows?

Halo Wars 3 was pitched but sadly cancelled.

I believe halo 3 will be remade in the future. Like 30yr anniversary. To get fans interested in the new halo game that would release after infinite has had a full life. :thinking: halo 3 is still really good considering. But idk maybe a remastered audio and visual layover will come out before then.

> 2533274819903178;2:
> Honestly. Probably nothing. Except maybe some microtransaction skin for Infinite.

Agreed, I don’t see much happening, especially with Halo 3 Anniversary which they already said will not be happening.