Halo's 1, 2, 3: The Great War Trilogy

I believe that since Halo 3 marked the end of a trilogy made by Bungie, we should name it after the event that took place during the first trilogy.

The Great War Trilogy:

Contains Halo: Reach, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, & Halo 3
Since 343 has declared a new trilogy of Halo’s, they should at least be named too.

The Aftermath Trilogy:

Contains Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6 & whatever else.
What do you think?

> I believe that since Halo 3 marked the end of a trilogy made by Bungie, we should name it after the event that took place during the first trilogy.
>
> The Great War Trilogy:
>
> Contains Halo: Reach, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, & Halo 3
> Since 343 has declared a new trilogy of Halo’s, they should at least be named too.
>
> The Aftermath Trilogy:
>
> Contains Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6 & whatever else.
> What do you think?

I think you should find a dictionary and look up the entry for “trilogy.” A trilogy has three components, not five. What you want is an anthology; although it technically refers to written works, it could also refer to video games since Bungie is their “author.”

The Great War? To cheesy, man. How about just original and sequel trilogy, with ODST, Reach, and Wars remaining as spin-offs.

We can call them Pre-Spinoff Trilogy, Spinoff Trilogy, and Post-Spinoff Trilogy. Besides, “Great War” is already taken.

I got one:

The Covenant Saga:

• Halo: CE(A)
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Wars
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Reach

The [Insert Ancient Enemy] Saga:

• Halo 4
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 6
  • Any spin-offs that take place during the above games.

> > I believe that since Halo 3 marked the end of a trilogy made by Bungie, we should name it after the event that took place during the first trilogy.
> >
> > The Great War Trilogy:
> >
> > Contains Halo: Reach, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, & Halo 3
> > Since 343 has declared a new trilogy of Halo’s, they should at least be named too.
> >
> > The Aftermath Trilogy:
> >
> > Contains Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6 & whatever else.
> > What do you think?
>
> I think you should find a dictionary and look up the entry for “trilogy.” A trilogy has three components, not five. What you want is an anthology; although it technically refers to written works, it could also refer to video games since Bungie is their “author.”

> I got one:
>
> The Covenant Saga:
> - Halo: CE(A)
> - Halo 2
> - Halo 3
> - Halo Wars
> - Halo 3: ODST
> - Halo: Reach
>
>
> The [Insert Ancient Enemy] Saga:
> - Halo 4
> - Halo 5
> - Halo 6
> - Any spin-offs that take place during the above games.

This idea is as good as any

> I got one:
>
> The Covenant Saga:
> - Halo: CE(A)
> - Halo 2
> - Halo 3
> - Halo Wars
> - Halo 3: ODST
> - Halo: Reach
>
>
> The [Insert Ancient Enemy] Saga:
> - Halo 4
> - Halo 5
> - Halo 6
> - Any spin-offs that take place during the above games.

This actually sounds better

Honestly though, I don’t think we need to, nor should we, split the games into trilogies or sagas. It will, in the long run encourage things like “this series was better than that series” and what not. Halo is meant to be enjoyed as the sum of all its parts.

How about:

Halo: The Original Series
Contains:
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3

Halo: The Reboot
Contains:
Halo 4
Halo 5
Halo 6
Any other Halo related games.

The Human-Covenant war was a tiny part of a much larger story revolving around Mendicant Bias, the Forerunners, Precursors and Flood going back (according to Greg Bear) to about 3 billion years. The new trilogy is here to tell that story.