Halofest 2012

As most Halo fans know, the first ever Halofest was back in late August 2011 held during PAX here in downtown Seattle. Personally I found Halofest to be incredibly well-organized and very fun, in fact, I and my friends had more fun at Halofest than at PAX itself. Lots of things to do, very friendly developers on hand, special guests, panels, etc. Upon leaving Halofest, fans were asked their input on it and if they would come to another. I would have to imagine the overall answer was a big “Yes!”.

During the Halo Anniversary launch party in Seattle last November, I asked a few of the people at 343 Industries if another Halofest was in our future, to coincide with PAX and they said they were starting to give it some serious thought.

I realize there were rumors of Halofest being a giant 3-day event in Los Angeles, but nothing official was ever made, and from a marketing standpoint, I would think holding the event again during PAX 2012 would make more sense. The reason being is with already 50,000+ people expected to attend PAX, it would be a perfect time to promote the upcoming Halo 4 game. Why create an entirely different event in a different city when the largest video game convention for fans will is held here in Seattle, also where the game is developed as well. I realize many fans can’t make it out here to Seattle, but then again, there are many who probably would not be able to attend if it was located anywhere else, but from a marketing standpoint, it would more sense to have Halofest at the same time as PAX because so many people would already be flying in for the convention.

I do hope there is a Halofest this year, and it continues each year, it really was a top notch event!

I know for sure there wont be a Halofest 2012.
I think 343 Industries will probably do something like this every so many years.
I will most certainly try my damn hardest to attend from England, U.K.

PeacE
ShadEO9

> I know for sure there wont be a Halofest 2012.
> I think 343 Industries will probably do something like this every so many years.
> I will most certainly try my damn hardest to attend from England, U.K.
>
>
>
> PeacE
> ShadEO9

Yeah, Halo fest was mostly only an occasion due to the 10 Year Mark with Anniversary.

I would assume they will do it again at some point but i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s at least another few years.

UK would be sweet :slight_smile:

> > I know for sure there wont be a Halofest 2012.
> > I think 343 Industries will probably do something like this every so many years.
> > I will most certainly try my damn hardest to attend from England, U.K.
> >
> >
> >
> > PeacE
> > ShadEO9
>
> Yeah, Halo fest was mostly only an occasion due to the 10 Year Mark with Anniversary.
>
> I would assume they will do it again at some point but i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s at least another few years.
>
> UK would be sweet :slight_smile:

Yeah and it looked awesome. Wish i could have been there!

Lets hope with how successful Halofest was we wont have to wait another 10 years lol

5 maybe? Gimme time to save up my pennies lol

PeacE
ShadEO9