Halo5 xbox one release date listed by walmart

http://www.totalxbox.com/75730/halo-5-xbox-one-release-date-listed-by-walmart/

As soon as October Whoo Hoo

> Xbox Games, News & Reviews | GamesRadar+
>
>
> As soon as October Whoo Hoo

“This listing is not indicative of a Halo product launch. We’ll have more news to share around the Halo franchise at E3.”

So it’s unlikely to be legit news plus most places have dates except there used for placeholders and not an official release date.

What you’re seeing is a placeholder, not an actual release date. Also, this could easily be considered as leaked content, so be careful.

I saw that a week ago, but for the reason Andy mentioned, I have kept my mouth shut.

It could easily be a placeholder anyway.

> What you’re seeing is a placeholder, not an actual release date. Also, this could easily be considered as leaked content, so be careful.

I don’t know.

Usually if it was a placeholder it would be like December 31st, 2014.
I was gonna come in and say that, but then I saw it was October. This makes me curious.

> this could easily be considered as leaked content

How so? If 343I didn’t want the date getting out they would’ve ordered Walmart to be quiet about it. Not our fault.

> > What you’re seeing is a placeholder, not an actual release date. Also, this could easily be considered as leaked content, so be careful.
>
> I don’t know.
>
> Usually if it was a placeholder it would be like December 31st, 2014.
> I was gonna come in and say that, but then I saw it was October. This makes me curious.

The listing says it comes out Oct. 1, 2014 but in the description it says “coming out int Dec. 2014”. I highly doubt a Halo title in December or October when traditionally a main title comes out in September or November.

> > this could easily be considered as leaked content
>
> How so? If 343I didn’t want the date getting out they would’ve ordered Walmart to be quiet about it. Not our fault.

This is Walmart we’re talking about. They are the worst of the worst when it comes to stuff like this.

> How so? If 343I didn’t want the date getting out they would’ve ordered Walmart to be quiet about it. Not our fault.

The same thing happens with comicbookresources.com. It is considered a third party, and then a leak on these forums. Anything outside from offical announcements is pretty much considered a leak.

As for the date. I think it s placeholder for that month. Or it’ll ship on that month to be received the next? IDK…

> I don’t know.
>
> Usually if it was a placeholder it would be like December 31st, 2014.
> I was gonna come in and say that, but then I saw it was October. This makes me curious.

It’s not uncommon for a placeholder to be a different date than December 31st though. I think it was back in the days when we did not know Halo 4’s release date, the placeholders went from anywhere between September 1st to December 31st, including days in October and November. When it comes to the release date, anything put out before the official announcement is purely speculation.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it at this point to be honest.

1: It doesn’t say Halo 5. Don’t know how the media (supposedly people with knowledge about games…but always the ones to misinterpret things cause mass confusion) turns the words Halo (Xbox One) in Halo 5…It could also be H2A…on Xbox One. Or Halo Wars 2…on Xbox One. Or any other Halo game-without-a-5…on Xbox One.

2: Double release dates on a single page. While we don’t know anything about the next Halo.

3: Can be considered a ‘leak’.

Lets just wait till E3 guys…All I have to say. Don’t trust anything that doesn’t come from the source itself.

Rule of thumb when dealing with information/news of unreleased titles: NEVER trust any information/news/release dates from any source OTHER than the Developers. If 343i has not come out and said Halo 5 is going to be in Oct, then any date given by third parties are most likely place holders and 200% false.

This applies for all information/news of unreleased titles, leaks/rumors are nothing but mis information, and some guy spouting ideas/theories like they’re fact (Just like HF on youtube). If the Developer/publish comes out and announces something, take that information like word from a higher power, unless it’s April 1st, then take it as a light hearted prank/joke.

When Super Smash Brawl was first announced I saw this same thing on Gamestops website and Walmarts. A date that said July 2006 and that game didn’t drop till 2 years later. You probably shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet.

However I wouldn’t refute the possibility that this is true. I for one don’t know because I don’t work for Microsoft. But nobody else here knows either so we really shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

> Rule of thumb when dealing with information/news of unreleased titles: NEVER trust any information/news/release dates from any source OTHER than the Developers. If 343i has not come out and said Halo 5 is going to be in Oct, then any date given by third parties are most likely place holders and 200% false.
>
> This applies for all information/news of unreleased titles, leaks/rumors are nothing but mis information, and some guy spouting ideas/theories like they’re fact (Just like HF on youtube). If the Developer/publish comes out and announces something, take that information like word from a higher power, unless it’s April 1st, then take it as a light hearted prank/joke.

That’s pretty much what I said plus pretty sure it’s against the T & D to not discuss possible leaks, etc…

I don’t mind Halo Follower since it just opens up to different theories but I don’t see them as facts, it’s more about having something to do to pass the time until the official announcements since 343i don’t seem to be consistent with that.

> I don’t mind Halo Follower since it just opens up to different theories but I don’t see them as facts, it’s more about having something to do to pass the time until the official announcements since 343i don’t seem to be consistent with that.

My problem with his videos is that the titles and thumbnails are pure clickbait.

> > I don’t mind Halo Follower since it just opens up to different theories but I don’t see them as facts, it’s more about having something to do to pass the time until the official announcements since 343i don’t seem to be consistent with that.
>
> My problem with his videos is that the titles and thumbnails are pure clickbait.

I just listen and move on to something else but at least he’s doing something he enjoys, keeping a record of anything Halo related, a lot of company’s do the same all the time and yet I don’t see people complaining about them as often. Plus sometimes people have to get money so they can put food on the table, in this economy people have to find some way to pay the bills…

Plus it’s not as if we’re paying him directly.

October 1 is a Wednesday. Games almost always come out on Tuesdays in the US. Whatever the next Halo game is, it’s more likely to launch in November. Also, Walmart has listed incorrect launch dates for this game in the past already. This date is false.