halo5 won't install, microsoft does not have a fix

I purchased halo5 guardians in September of this year. I tried to install and it wouldn’t. So not thinking much of it, I took the disc back to the walmart i purchased it from and got another disc. tried to install, but nothing. So onward about 2 weeks and 4 microsoft techs later, and all the trouble shooting from the techs, forums and xbox site, the game will not install. I even (at the request of a tech), drove to my nearest xbox, 30 mins away and tried to install it on my friends xbox and it would not install on his either. I sent pictures of the receipt and disc through email to a tech and kept getting a run around. Finally another microsoft tech, she told me that there is nothing they can do to help, replace or anything and that i should contact the developer. Which i found insane, because microsoft owes 343 industries. To this day, the game will not install. I’m really to the point to boycott any halo or 343 game. Paying money for something and the product not working, then trying to get help and being told I’m on my own. not cool. Is there a definitive way to get the game to install ???

Same problem any fix for this yet

Appearantly there isn’t, seeing as how it’s fairly common problem.

clear the content cache on your xbox one, reboot, and try re-installing after that.

Tried it. Even factory reset my Xbox.

Mine is stuck too. Installation stopped…i bet either microsoft released a bug in the system update or it’s in that huge 90gb update from the developer. Apparently they don’t care…looks like i’ll never get to play this game.

I am having the same problem, had it for months now-really dissapointed because I was really looking foreward to playing my like 10th halo lol… any fixes please let us know on here! Thnx

StIll no fix… please get back to us asap

Any word on this??? My nephews xbox and Halo 5 are doing the same thing. I deleted the original game, did whatever steps to clear out and reset the xbox… Then used two different disks to try to install. Froze at like 60%… Then he let it sit overnight, and nothing.

Does 343 actually read any of these support threads?

Peace to everyone.

To fix this issue, try these;

1. Exit xbox preview program.

2. Go to memory and erase all saved data (will delete for all games)

3. Change power mode to energy-saving.

4. Hard reset, remove all cables, wait a little. Put it back in and turn on.

5. Put in the disc and install, or if digital just download.

6. Play it.

Hint: sometimes when downloading, download speed might go down to little no nothing. Simply pause the installation, wait a minute, then resume again.

If it didnt work, let me know.

Peace

> 2533274872013539;9:
> Any word on this??? My nephews xbox and Halo 5 are doing the same thing. I deleted the original game, did whatever steps to clear out and reset the xbox… Then used two different disks to try to install. Froze at like 60%… Then he let it sit overnight, and nothing.
>
> Does 343 actually read any of these support threads?

I tried that. Still didn’t work. Tried it in sept.

> 2533274795739611;4:
> clear the content cache on your xbox one, reboot, and try re-installing after that.

How do you do that? Doesn’t it delete saved games or is that some thing else.

does it solve latency?

Content cache doesn’t delete everything. Rebooting is HARD RESET of the Xbox…probably because you’re in Quick-Start mode when it’s turned off, and just needs rebooted to work correctly.