Halo5 destroyed The new Doom!!! Mwahahahaaaa!!!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Just watched doom then watched halo 5.
Doom with out ADS & sprint it just looked so out dated.
It looked boring tbh. The only part I liked was where he picked up the two red pentagram stars and squeezed them for a power up. The aim rheticule looked crap and the game has no Competetive potential. Just some new graphics that were nice but that novelty will wear off in a month.

Halo5 on the other hand Wow!

the campaign looked beautiful!
looked more halo than halo has ever looked before!

2 x new game types in Break Out & Warzone that is going to make even non halo players wanna have a test run of. Use of the entire sandbox, A new weapons & vehicle earning system whilest IN GAME !!! implementation of AI while in fight. Wow just wow.

AND THEY HAVENT EVEN SHOWN US BTB OR OTHER 4v4 MAPS OR OBJECTIVE GAME TYPES YET.

Doom??? Lol… Doom Who?!

Oh boy, you just had to attack Doom.

> 2533274964874146;2:
> Oh boy, you just had to attack Doom.

Someone had to respond to all the pro doom uploads didn’t they? Especially when halo5 crushed it :wink:

I know you’re dealing with hard times at the moment but please contain yourself.

> 2535472662134486;1:
> Just watched doom then watched halo 5.
> Doom with out ADS & sprint it just looked so out dated.
> It looked boring tbh. The only part I liked was where he picked up the two red pentagram stars and squeezed them for a power up. The aim rheticule looked crap and the game has no Competetive potential. Just some new graphics that were nice but that novelty will wear off in a month.
>
> Halo5 on the other hand Wow!
>
> the campaign looked beautiful!
> looked more halo than halo has ever looked before!
>
> 2 x new game types in Break Out & Warzone that is going to make even non halo players wanna have a test run of. Use of the entire sandbox, A new weapons & vehicle earning system whilest IN GAME !!! implementation of AI while in fight. Wow just wow.
>
> AND THEY HAVENT EVEN SHOWN US BTB OR OTHER 4v4 MAPS OR OBJECTIVE GAME TYPES YET.
>
> Doom??? Lol… Doom Who?!

Completely original and absolutely one-of-a-kind opinion you have there. It couldn’t possibly be that Doom (1992) is already a faster game than Halo 5 because it doesn’t have Sprint. It’s impossible to think that the lack of ADS makes the weapons more fun to shoot. It’s not like Halo Reach and 4’s populations tanked after launch when the novelty wore off. Why should we think that SnapMap is trying to continue Doom’s twenty year trend of providing the player with an array of customization tools that have created fantastic mods that Microsoft would have immediately (and sometimes actually) wiped off Xbox Live if they popped up in 3 or Reach. After all, iD software? Never heard of em’

Meh, even then, Fallout 4 asolutely DOMINATED E3. No competition whatsoever.

Guarantee halo5 will completely eclipse doom. Doom looked nothing more than an out dated game with some pretty graphics

> 2533274822366750;6:
> Meh, even then, Fallout 4 asolutely DOMINATED E3. No competition whatsoever.

No way. That game was a disappointment.

I thought the Doom trailer was fantastic. So meaty.

We are allowed to like other games.

> 2533274822366750;6:
> Meh, even then, Fallout 4 asolutely DOMINATED E3. No competition whatsoever.

Agreed. Star Wars looked absolutely incredible too and I’m not even a Star Wars fan.

Doom looked really good in my opinion, but it doesn’t look like it’s a 60$ game. I’d have to see more of it before judging it fully.

I still plan on playing Doom at some point. It looks like dumb fun that could be enjoyable for a while at least.

But Fallout 4 and Halo 5 are my main games this year.

I dont know that Halo destroyed Doom…

As a Doom and Halo player I have to say im honestly more excited for Doom after these conferences, for campaign at least. Doom showed what is essentially it going back to its roots of ripping and tearing through demons while going through Mars/Hell. The enemies looked awesome, Guns were cool, and im sure the game will be faster paced than what they were showing at the demo, well, becuase, its a demo meant to show the game’s tech off.

Halo on the other hand was very underwhelming. They showed a 5 minute gameplay session, with very little combat, and failed to give me a reason to like Locke STILL. He is just your generic military goody goody, deep voice and all. I’d honestly rather just play as Buck. The highlight of the whole thing was the ever defiant elite and the funny little grunt. While these are good, I expected a lot more from 343. Im sort of excited for Warzones, but as someone who likes their arena shooters I think the 4v4 or 5v5 modes will be the ones for me, probably will not be stepping in the warzone very often.

> 2535472662134486;8:
> > 2533274822366750;6:
> > Meh, even then, Fallout 4 asolutely DOMINATED E3. No competition whatsoever.
>
>
> No way. That game was a disappointment.

not sure if trolling, or lacks attention span.

> 2535472662134486;7:
> Guarantee halo5 will completely eclipse doom. Doom looked nothing more than an out dated game with some pretty graphics

Define out-dated so we can stop throwing around buzzwords and have a meaningful conversation.

U all think Warzone is going to be this random run and gun no strategy game. Lol it’s going to be all about controlling the map and being tactical, picking ppl off from a distance, calling in vehicles accomplishing objectives etc.

The doom enemies looked boring. Sculls and cleshay old out dated demons.

Doom had no innovation. Just a reskin if all the dooms before it with better graphics and new maps that’s all it was.

Halo 5 has such a wide variety if game types to keep u from feeling the need to switch to other FPSs

u got the no shields arena eSports style in a sports arena

u got standard 4v4 slayer

u got BTB

u got Warzone

whats doom got? Lol same old same old with new graphics and new maps and new art.

> 2535472662134486;15:
> U all think Warzone is going to be this random run and gun no strategy game. Lol it’s going to be all about controlling the map and being tactical, picking ppl off from a distance, calling in vehicles accomplishing objectives etc.
>
> The doom enemies looked boring. Sculls and cleshay old out dated demons.
>
> Doom had no innovation. Just a reskin if all the dooms before it with better graphics and new maps that’s all it was.
>
> Halo 5 has such a wide variety if game types to keep u from feeling the need to switch to other FPSs
>
> u got the no shields arena eSports style in a sports arena
>
> u got standard 4v4 slayer
>
> u got BTB
>
> u got Warzone
>
> whats doom got? Lol same old same old with new graphics and new maps and new art.

Snapmap is my answer to everything you just said.

> 2533274832258417;16:
> > 2535472662134486;15:
> > U all think Warzone is going to be this random run and gun no strategy game. Lol it’s going to be all about controlling the map and being tactical, picking ppl off from a distance, calling in vehicles accomplishing objectives etc.
> >
> > The doom enemies looked boring. Sculls and cleshay old out dated demons.
> >
> > Doom had no innovation. Just a reskin if all the dooms before it with better graphics and new maps that’s all it was.
> >
> > Halo 5 has such a wide variety if game types to keep u from feeling the need to switch to other FPSs
> >
> > u got the no shields arena eSports style in a sports arena
> >
> > u got standard 4v4 slayer
> >
> > u got BTB
> >
> > u got Warzone
> >
> > whats doom got? Lol same old same old with new graphics and new maps and new art.
>
>
> Snapmap is my answer to everything you just said.

What’s snap map? A copy of halo 5s forge but not as good? I bet doom doesn’t have A.i bosses as forge pieces does it lol

tjats my answer to your ONE thing that doom has that’s new to doom. Which is a halo rip

Now i like both games as what they are (games). However if you want to compare stage shows then doom clearly takes the cake. The person playing halo 5 did it in too unappealing of a way for it to look good on a gameplay level. Doom excelled over halo in its presentation. I still think halo will look and feel good while i’m playing, but watching some one shoot the air with a shotgun was just a distraction from the game.

> 2535472662134486;17:
> > 2533274832258417;16:
> > > 2535472662134486;15:
> > >
>
>
> What’s snap map? A copy of halo 5s forge but not as good? I bet doom doesn’t have A.i bosses as forge pieces does it lol
>
> tjats my answer to your ONE thing that doom has that’s new to doom. Which is a halo rip

Alright, not only judging from your reply, but from the way you write and you’re preference to ignorance, you are either:

1: a troll

2: an (pre)adolescent fanboy

3: both

> 2535472662134486;17:
> > 2533274832258417;16:
> > > 2535472662134486;15:
> > > U all think Warzone is going to be this random run and gun no strategy game. Lol it’s going to be all about controlling the map and being tactical, picking ppl off from a distance, calling in vehicles accomplishing objectives etc.
> > >
> > > The doom enemies looked boring. Sculls and cleshay old out dated demons.
> > >
> > > Doom had no innovation. Just a reskin if all the dooms before it with better graphics and new maps that’s all it was.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 has such a wide variety if game types to keep u from feeling the need to switch to other FPSs
> > >
> > > u got the no shields arena eSports style in a sports arena
> > >
> > > u got standard 4v4 slayer
> > >
> > > u got BTB
> > >
> > > u got Warzone
> > >
> > > whats doom got? Lol same old same old with new graphics and new maps and new art.
> >
> >
> > Snapmap is my answer to everything you just said.
>
>
> What’s snap map? A copy of halo 5s forge but not as good? I bet doom doesn’t have A.i bosses as forge pieces does it lol
>
> tjats my answer to your ONE thing that doom has that’s new to doom. Which is a halo rip

How do you know it isn’t as good? Have you played it?

It seems a lot simpler than forge has ever been while getting the same job done. It also opens more possibilities up than forge simply because not only is it a map editor, it is a gameplay creation suite, and with the Doom community I know there will be some epic mods that come out for this game.

Lastly I wouldnt even consider snapmap copying forge because the doom community has been producing them for something like 20 years. Snapmap only makes it easier and more accessible to the playerbase.