Halo4 vs Reach vs Halo3 graphics

Hey all,
Halo reach had some pretty terrible frame rate problems, do we know if 343 have addressed this for Halo 4?

>Originally I thought it was just the beta and they would sort it out for the final release but maybe that’s why it was never fixed; because no-one conplained enough in the beta.

>The constant frame rate issues especially when reloading etc really ruins the experience for me with reach and in this way halo 3 outclasses reach in every way.

>I really hope that halo4 runs super smoothly cos it really is a problem that detracts from the experience with reach.

Framerate problems? Honestly, if you are having Framerate problems in any situation other than Bonus Rounds on Firefight, Scoping a Sniper cross-map on Asylum, or Forging on a modded map, you should probably look into replacing your Xbox.

I don’t really care for Reach, so…yeah.

But Halo 4 is looking pretty nice!

The only thing I disliked about Reach’s graphics was the motion blur in the Campaign. Other than that, it was really good looking in 2010, but now it’s looking slightly aged. Halo 4, in comparison, is looking exceptional.

Framerate problems happened when maps were BS…
If you have them, replace your Xbox 360.

Halo 4 with completely cause wreckage to it - its pushing the limits of the Xbox 360 system. If yours behaves so erratically on a game like Reach, on Halo 4 it might just shutdown.

Halo games in this generation have all pretty much looked the same except with some differences. Facial animation probably being the biggest. Halo 4 isn’t that big of a jump and those muddy textures on Exile prove that. Of course, that is just multiplayer. I expect the campaign to look better.

> Framerate problems? Honestly, if you are having Framerate problems in any situation other than Bonus Rounds on Firefight, Scoping a Sniper cross-map on Asylum, or Forging on a modded map, you should probably look into replacing your Xbox.

camapign had alot of framerate drops

I loved H3’s graphics, it was colorful and bright which I really liked. Reach was always dark and dreary and at first I was amazing by current day console graphics, but that didn’t last long. Halo 4 looks amazing. Lighting and colors are beautiful.

Frame rate problems have nothing to do with the Xbox 360’s condition.

My Xbox 360 is a piece of -Yoink- that’s pretty much been throttled to the point that half of it’s cover is torn off, I have to open the disc tray manually, there’s loose pieces inside the Xbox 360, etc. but it’s never had RRoD or improper shutdown.

I take care to keep the hard drive, memory units, etc. from using up too much space and I STILL get frame rate lag when I skip certain encounters in Reach. Bodies and weapons disappear like crazy even when they’re right under my feet! Even with a hard drive!

In Halo 3, I had 50+ AI multiple times and there were no no frame rate issues. Sure the geometry can be broken and bodies and weapons are liable to disappear but it’s not as crazy as it is in Reach. I’ve had moments in Reach where the enemy disappears right when I’ve headshotted him.

In CE and CEA, I had 50+ AI as well and no frame rate issues unless they were all shooting at me. In CE, any weapon you pick up will never disappear while dead bodies only disappear when you’re looking away from them.

Reach is just a crap game when it comes to performance. Even Halo 2 was better (and that’s saying something since Halo 2 was prone to deleting AI over short distances and had all sorts of issues keeping things in the mission).

Performance/consistency: CE > H3 > H2 > Reach

> Halo games in this generation have all pretty much looked the same except with some differences. Facial animation probably being the biggest. Halo 4 isn’t that big of a jump and those muddy textures on Exile prove that. Of course, that is just multiplayer. I expect the campaign to look better.

The build we saw today is still not final. I would be surprised if they didn’t touch up those textures at least a little bit for the most recent build.

> Framerate problems? Honestly, if you are having Framerate problems in any situation other than Bonus Rounds on Firefight, Scoping a Sniper cross-map on Asylum, or Forging on a modded map, you should probably look into replacing your Xbox.

Large scale vistas, such as the Forerunner Artifact ice firefight map, had bad frame rate problems. As well as in the cut scenes a few times.

This isn’t the XBox, it’s the game itself.

I’ve never had frame rate issues in Reach, and all the complaints about Reach’s issues were around during Halo 3’s prime, and Halo 2’s.

> Halo games in this generation have all pretty much looked the same except with some differences. Facial animation probably being the biggest. Halo 4 isn’t that big of a jump and those muddy textures on Exile prove that. Of course, that is just multiplayer. I expect the campaign to look better.

Its not the finished product. Its an old build but newer than the E3 version.

> I’ve never had frame rate issues in Reach, and all the complaints about Reach’s issues were around during Halo 3’s prime, and Halo 2’s.

Not quite as bad as Reach. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. If you look out towards the Forerunner structure on Glacier, and the framerate drops. The first cutscene also has this happen, when Jorge stands up.

^^That is pretty much what the game will look like at this point, but fret not. Multiplayer graphics are always inferior to campaign. And people have actively been mistaking campaign for live action. Some even refuse to admit the 360 can handle it.

> > I’ve never had frame rate issues in Reach, and all the complaints about Reach’s issues were around during Halo 3’s prime, and Halo 2’s.
>
> Not quite as bad as Reach. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. If you look out towards the Forerunner structure on Glacier, and the framerate drops. The first cutscene also has this happen, when Jorge stands up.

I’ve never had frame issues on Reach, and I wouldn’t consider what happens during the first cutscene a frame rate drop. The thing with Jorge is, I think, so issue with the motion capture.

I think the graphics are much better than in Reach.

Also, it would seem that Peripheral blur in Reach is gone.

> > > I’ve never had frame rate issues in Reach, and all the complaints about Reach’s issues were around during Halo 3’s prime, and Halo 2’s.
> >
> > Not quite as bad as Reach. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. If you look out towards the Forerunner structure on Glacier, and the framerate drops. The first cutscene also has this happen, when Jorge stands up.
>
> I’ve never had frame issues on Reach, and I wouldn’t consider what happens during the first cutscene a frame rate drop. The thing with Jorge is, I think, so issue with the motion capture.

A human in mo-cap doesn’t start skipping as if on a low frame rate. Reach has frame rate problems, this is simply a fact, and it was one of the professional criticisms of the games when it was first released. Its not a bad thing. Other than on Glacier, it doesn’t effect anything at all.

It only gets annoying over extreme dstance, since it throws your aim off.

> > > > I’ve never had frame rate issues in Reach, and all the complaints about Reach’s issues were around during Halo 3’s prime, and Halo 2’s.
> > >
> > > Not quite as bad as Reach. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. If you look out towards the Forerunner structure on Glacier, and the framerate drops. The first cutscene also has this happen, when Jorge stands up.
> >
> > I’ve never had frame issues on Reach, and I wouldn’t consider what happens during the first cutscene a frame rate drop. The thing with Jorge is, I think, so issue with the motion capture.
>
> A human in mo-cap doesn’t start skipping as if on a low frame rate. Reach has frame rate problems, this is simply a fact, and it was one of the professional criticisms of the games when it was first released. Its not a bad thing. Other than on Glacier, it doesn’t effect anything at all.
>
> It only gets annoying over extreme dstance, since it throws your aim off.

I guess. I’ve seen animation issue arise from Mo-Cap that manifest in the same manner as the issue in the first cutscene, but anyway.

My main point was that there were frame rate issues in Halo 1, 2, and 3 that were no worse than in Halo Reach, but that’s my experience.

i get input lag sometimes in a firefight online or in co-op campaign matchmaking but i have never had a problem with framerate. might be something wrong with your online/xbox.

I never had frame rate problems. Could be your Xbox or your connection.