halo4 tiny spartans?

can someone tell me why the spartans look tiny in halo4? it started with reach when bungie made the player models smaller and theyre speed faster and for me thats what made it not really much fun at all.
it seems that 343 have gone forward and made the spartan models even smaller?

is it so the developers can put more detail into the armor or the enviroment? whatever it is its not working and the idea that you the player are a 7foot super soldier when infact you look like a 4 foot midgit in spartan armor is not working.
cant we go back to halo3s 7foot player models please.

Uhm where has it said that the Spartans are smaller? The models in Reach were smaller because they were Spartan III’s. They weren’t augmented with the same body-enhancing chemicals as the Spartan II soldiers as they were cheap alternatives to the Spartan program. The Spartan II’s were trained from childhood. The III’s were volunteer soldiers from all over the UNSC.

Their speed is not faster in Reach. They are in fact slower. Smaller yes.

I agree though, they still do look small in Halo 4***compared to Halo 3.

I don’t really care if they are smaller or not and I haven’t noticed or heard that.

Not all Spartans look or are as massive as Chief and Jorge…

and as you know the S IVs are or were just normal humans with a max-average height of 6"1 to 6’5" and adding the armor will only make them a few more inches taller. You cant expect them to suddenly become 7 feet out of nowhere and as ironincal as it sounds , if you’d watch the ending of the gameplay video , you’d notice that the new Odst/Spartans standing behind the Chief look much taller than him.

> Their speed is not faster in Reach. They are in fact slower. Smaller yes.
>
> I agree though, they still do look small in Halo 4***compared to Halo 3.

Well canon-wise,Spartan IV’s are composed of remaining Spartan II’s,III’s and some of the most elite UNSC troopers,such as ODSTs. Their height difference would be smaller.

> Uhm where has it said that the Spartans are smaller? The models in Reach were smaller because they were Spartan III’s. They weren’t augmented with the same body-enhancing chemicals as the Spartan II soldiers as they were cheap alternatives to the Spartan program. The Spartan II’s were trained from childhood. The III’s were volunteer soldiers from all over the UNSC.

i think your misguided if you the cannon dictates the game mechanics of the game when in truth its the other way round.

The spartans in Reach are the same size as the spartans in halo 4

> > Uhm where has it said that the Spartans are smaller? The models in Reach were smaller because they were Spartan III’s. They weren’t augmented with the same body-enhancing chemicals as the Spartan II soldiers as they were cheap alternatives to the Spartan program. The Spartan II’s were trained from childhood. The III’s were volunteer soldiers from all over the UNSC.
>
> i think your misguided if you the cannon dictates the game mechanics of the game when in truth its the other way round.

Well seeing as what the other poster said about the ODST Spartan IV’s being smaller than the Cheif the gameplay mechanics do play into the canon. The multiplayer is pretty much interwoven into the canon now. And I’m pretty sure the character models have been designed to be a certain height. Spartan IV’s and Spartan III’s aren’t 7 foot monsters. So technically yes,the canon does play a certain gameplay mechanic.

i think you guys are getting stuck in talking bout cannon. what im trying to say is the multiplayer in halo2/3 was/is more fun because of the bigger player models and bigger hit markers.

Well as it has already been said, the Spartan II’s had better augmentations so they are taller, faster and stronger. Spartan III’s were still young when brought in, however the augmentations weren’t as thorough/strong so they weren’t as good as a generation II Spartan. Spartan IV’s are a mix of Spartan III’s and UNSC veterans, so experience seems to be a factor they are relying on with this generation, however augmentations are still being given, which I am assuming is slightly better than the aug’s generation III’s got or else there would be no reason to conscript them into the fourth generation. So yeah, Generation II’s were taller becasue of more thorough training/aug’s, the later gen’s were not as pumped with drugs so they will only get slightly taller.

> i think you guys are getting stuck in talking bout cannon. what im trying to say is the multiplayer in halo2/3 was/is more fun because of the bigger player models and bigger hit markers.

Sorry about the double post.
Well that is an opinion, not fact, but I suppose it makes it a little more intense. Trying to aim at a smaller target should make things a little more difficult/challenging, bigger target-easier to hit.

> i think you guys are getting stuck in talking bout cannon. what im trying to say is the multiplayer in halo2/3 was/is more fun because of the bigger player models and bigger hit markers.

Actually,you were asking why the Spartans in Reach and 4 are going to be smaller in the multiplayer:

> can someone tell me why the spartans look tiny in halo4? it started with reach when bungie made the player models smaller and theyre speed faster and for me thats what made it not really much fun at all.
> it seems that 343 have gone forward and made the spartan models even smaller?
>
> is it so the developers can put more detail into the armor or the enviroment? whatever it is its not working and the idea that you the player are a 7foot super soldier when infact you look like a 4 foot midgit in spartan armor is not working.
> cant we go back to halo3s 7foot player models please.

You were asking why they were smaller in-game. They are smaller because of canon-wise reasons. Why else would they make the models smaller? To look cute so Bungie and 343 can troll us?

You’re saying now that because they aren’t the same size as they were in Halo 2 and 3 they aren’t fun. What difference does it make? We’re getting back our normal jump height and speed in Halo 4 that we had in Halo 2/3.

Or is everything else bigger…?

The Spartans do look smaller, mainly around the waist. I’m sure it will grow on me though.

> Uhm where has it said that the Spartans are smaller? The models in Reach were smaller because they were Spartan III’s. They weren’t augmented with the same body-enhancing chemicals as the Spartan II soldiers as they were cheap alternatives to the Spartan program. The Spartan II’s were trained from childhood. The III’s were volunteer soldiers from all over the UNSC.

Spartan-III candidates were orphans from Glassed planets in UNSC space. They were all children. The oldest S-III candidate at the time of inception was Carter at 11, but most were 4, 5, or 6.

Spartan-II augmentations were invasive surgeries and chemical drug injections resulting in high loss of life for the participants. Spartan-III augmentations were entirely chemical, but resulted in the same grade of augmentations at the S-II augs. Basically, the average Spartan-III and Spartan-II would be on par with each other, different only in their average height, experience, and equipment.

Now, S-IVs are indeed volunteers from all over the UNSC, taken from existing Special-Ops groups.

Now, to the OP: I don’t know why the S-IVs look smaller to you. The player models are the same heights the Chief’s model (7’2" in game).