Halo4 should Aim To Be Better Than Cod, Not the Other Halo's.

343 is doing the best they can. Hopefully H4 will be as epic as H2 and hopefully will crush CoD for good

First of all: Bungie isn’t making Halo games anymore.
Second: Both Cod & Battlefield are completely different games(one being more of an arcade shooter, the other more of a war simulator) while Halo is a sci-fi shooter.
Why should Halo compete against two modern war games?
And in my book, Halo is already better than CoD. While Battlefield is also better than CoD.

And why are you bringing this on a Halo related forum?

I agree whole heartedly with you sir.

However, you should just look at the fact that Battle field and CoD weren’t invented back in the halo 2 era, as for cod, it wasn’t even popular and it was almost a different game.

But I still agree with you, CoD gets all the fame and it makes me mad IMO CoD is a terrible game full of nooby gimmicks and crap… The competition should be between Battle field and Halo because Battle field is actually quite the decent game.

And it all depends on peoples taste. Halo 2 was very badass and many people have a taste for badassery. Halo 3 was still epic, but ODST is when Halo players began to give CoD a chance because not many people wanted firefight they were more interested in multiplayer, and then Halo Reach came around and it was about a war being lost, although it still had an epic element and many pleasing visuals in its campaign, the multiplayer was not epic at all compared to other halo games. It had Armor Lock and bloom, the two most complained things in any halo games. and then no BR, which many people prefered.

But I am really hoping that Halo 4 will attract many gamers back to the world of Halo, I hope to Jesus that 343i will pull this off like never seen before.

Call of Duty gets so much praise because it’s a casual game. Not being hxc gamer here, but I know people who don’t even play video games that “love” CoD. So I don’t get all butthurt when I see CoD sells more or has more players, because I know in the back of my mind it’s just some casual piece of food nipple.

NO, NO, NO!!!

Halo is fine the way it is, you know when games start to suck! It is when devs try too hard to beat the competition and copy similar gameplay mechanics.

You don;t mess with a winning formula.

CoD is just a bandwagon game anyway, soon another company will make another game that really catches people’s attention and the CoD fanboys will flee to play that. Yet Halo has always had a sturdy fanbase since the beginning. It depresses me to see Black Ops at the top multiplayer game, no one appreciates quality anymore, they just want to shoot and have their enemy fall dead within two seconds of shooting. I like Halo because it has that magic storytelling feeling, it has more of a “soul” than any other game I’ve seen. I will give both Bungie and 343 this, they listen to their community and improve their games based on what people want and actively participate in community events. Believe me when I say that in the next few months Black Ops will get dropped to at least number 10 when MW3 comes out, but Reach will remain on a steady foothold in the polls.

Call of Duty gets so much praise because it appeals to the masses. Halo used to, but it seems like Call of Duty has stolen the thunder. We’ll just have to live with that and continue to play the game that we enjoy playing, because the only way that Halo can beat Call of Duty now is to become more appealing to casual gamers than Call of Duty itself, or even becoming just like it (you know the saying if you can’t beat them, join them). And most Halo fans probably wouldn’t appreciate that.

So yeah, best thing we can do is just live with the fact that Call of Duty will continue to get more praise and fans than Halo until people actually start waking up and realizing that Activision are just dumping out the same game over and over again. And that might just happen soon, because Guitar Hero was pretty much milked to death, ironically enough by the same company that publish Call of Duty. Do not worry guys, if 343 work really hard on Halo 4, then it will get noticed, it will get praised and it will bring fans back, bring new fans and keep current fans.

> Call of Duty gets so much praise because it appeals to the masses. Halo used to, but it seems like Call of Duty has stolen the thunder. We’ll just have to live with that and continue to play the game that we enjoy playing, because the only way that Halo can beat Call of Duty now is to become more appealing to casual gamers than Call of Duty itself, or even becoming just like it (you know the saying if you can’t beat them, join them). And most Halo fans probably wouldn’t appreciate that.
>
> So yeah, best thing we can do is just live with the fact that Call of Duty will continue to get more praise and fans than Halo until people actually start waking up and realizing that Activision are just dumping out the same game over and over again. And that might just happen soon, because Guitar Hero was pretty much milked to death, ironically enough by the same company that publish Call of Duty. Do not worry guys, if 343 work really hard on Halo 4, then it will get noticed, it will get praised and it will bring fans back, bring new fans and keep current fans.

This, Halo changes and evolves with the times, but every time you play a different CoD it feels like you’re playing almost the same thing. The only real difference I could see between one CoD and the other gameplay-wise was Black Ops and everything else. Black Ops had horrible graphics, multiplayer gameplay and map-design with a lot of game breaking perks. All of the other CoDs were alright if not good.

My friend and I were pretty much having a similar disscussion. He pretty much quit Black Ops for the fact that it’s full of campers. I know Halo does have some too, but no where near the amount CoD in general has. We went on to talk about past Halo experiences. How Halo in general actaully has a story, where as CoD’s is forgetable. And how CoD requires very little skill to beat other players. Halo, on the hand, doesnt matter who shot who first. How whenever we try to play Black Ops, it just ends with getting frustrated and wanting to throw the game lol.

When we poped in Halo: Reach, we were ataully having some fun. Talking about Halo: 3 and eventaully poped in Halo: 3 and did the last mission for fun. Which I think is what most people forget to have when they play games. In CoD, is it fun for you to sit behind a corner waiting for people to walk past you? Does your K/D, which very little people actaully look up in a lobby matter?

Back to the topic though. In my opinion, Halo is already better than CoD. Battlefield requires teamwork which I like, Same with Halo. On top of that, CoD never really introduces anything new gameplay wise, and in general. I don’t have much to say for CoD, because I think I play it for the week/month it comes out. Then I switch back to Halo.

> First of all: Bungie isn’t making Halo games anymore.
> Second: Both Cod & Battlefield are completely different games(one being more of an arcade shooter, the other more of a war simulator) while Halo is a sci-fi shooter.
> Why should Halo compete against two modern war games?
> And in my book, Halo is already better than CoD. While Battlefield is also better than CoD.
>
> And why are you bringing this on a Halo related forum?

:slight_smile:

I love halo but some statements about cod here are just wrong. It definitely requires alot of teamwork in a game, even more than halo since there are so many perks and killstreaks to counter.

> I love halo but some statements about cod here are just wrong. It definitely requires alot of teamwork in a game, even more than halo since there are so many perks and killstreaks to counter.

You can counter almost all killstreaks with Ghost and whatever vehicle lock on only missle launcher that’s available. On top of that one person can literally win it for their team, and be solo while doing it. In halo if you’re solo, your dead in a team based game.

Based on what you said you obviously don’t know cod black ops or haven’t played at a competitive level. Ghost and rockets aren’t a counter all and just because there can be a pivotal player in a game doesn’t mean a team always wins or not. Both generalizations you’ve made are wrong.

> I love halo but some statements about cod here are just wrong. It definitely requires alot of teamwork in a game, even more than halo since there are so many perks and killstreaks to counter.

actualy COD is a single player game, there is no real teamwork unless your in a group/clan. Everyone has there own wepons there own style, goes were ever they want, were as in halo the team needs to work to control to map, wepons and vechilces

> actualy COD is a single player game, there is no real teamwork unless your in a group/clan. Everyone has there own wepons there own style, goes were ever they want, were as in halo the team needs to work to control to map, wepons and vechilces

COD is as single player as halo, last time I looked at both games the vast majority of playlists were team based. COD team based games are not run and gun to win, map control and communication is very important for a team.

deferred success, try again.

Its unfair to judge CoD by balcks ops cos that game is utter -Yoink-. Ive been a CoD fan for a few years but hated black ops cos it was terrible. I do think halo is a better game with much deeper an richer story telling an personally would like to see Halo 4 capitalize on that angle with a great an epic story thats what Halo has always been great for imo.

Well, it’s not that Halo isn’t better, but people might just prefer the genre or type of gameplay. CoD is in fact more realistic than Halo, it has fast kill times and a lot of customization, fast rankings. That’s probably what most people want to play, Halo fans on the other hand just like to keep it simple but still make it so that it requires a lot of skill to rank up.

I’d agree with the ‘more realistic’ issue as a lot of my friends are not fans of the sci-fi alien shooter aspect of halo.

No argument over campaign or story telling, halo wins by so far it’s not funny. When people make untrue accusations about a game though it’s just bad, even if they’re trying to protect halo.

COD and other modern war games do appeal more to the average joe because they do sit closer to reality than their science fiction based counterparts. Being cross platform also helps their popularity.