Halo4 multiplayer - thoughts & considerations

Halo 4 has the worst multiplayer ever. I dont know why 343 had to make so many radical changes from halo 3.

There are too many bad things that ruins Halo’s core multiplayer:

  • Ordinance
  • Weapons that kills in 3/4 seconds
  • Huge auto aim
  • Instant respawn time
  • Istant despawn of your weapons when you die
  • Mediocre maps
  • The fact that most of times you start your game in a half finished match and when it happens the enemy team has a huge advantage, power weapons and full map control.
  • One shot one kill start weapon (boltshot)
  • One shot one kill sniper
  • The new mode Slayer pro is just horrible, players are forced to play it in playlist like big team slayer or infinity slayer. You choose to play team slayer and you find yourself without radar. In halo 3 there was a dedicate playlist for this type of game. OMG 343 why do you just pick some good things from the past and put them randomly, hoping for the best?
  • There is no way to communicate with 343, you cant send your feedback, you cant send an email. Bungie was different.

Just frustration…

I dont think this update will solve anything either because they are making kills even faster with the 4 shot BR, 7 shots carabine and increased scoped-fire-rate light rifle. So you will not be able to turn around and shoot, just like Call of Duty.

My dear 343, Halo 3 multiplayer survived 7 years, Halo 4 can’t resist 10 months. If you want to sell copies of the game just dont make another call of duty calling it Halo. Leave as it is, i dont understand why you had to put so many useless stuff like ordinance and did so many changes.
Your fans like brand new things but please dont change what made Halo so glorious.

Halo 3 sold 12M copies
Halo 4 sold 8M copies

You didnt make your game better with halo 4, look at the numbers.
There is a reason for everything.
Today everything has become commercial and it really makes me sad, we cant do anything about it, just remember the old,glorious times… and go on.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my grammar.
PLease share your own thoughts, do you agree?

You’re kind of preaching to the choir at this point. All of the forum knows that Halo 4 from a gameplay standpoint was a failure.

Something that i thought halo 3 managed to do really well was appease its older core fans (for the most part) while simultaneously bringing in a ton of new players.

Thats something that i started to wonder about halo 4. The game managed to upset much of its core community, but the numbers show that the new gameplay style didnt succeed in bringing in new players.

I would have atleast thought that this game appealed a bit more to the COD crowd and it would win some of them over, but it didnt.

Thats what i think constitutes Halo 4 as being a disappointment multiplayer wise. 343 was given a chance to repeat halo 3’s history and add to their core playerbase but they didnt. They managed to run off the majority of the population and didnt succeed in bringing in new devotees to take their place.

I respect them for taking a gamble but it just didnt turn out well, Maybe halo 5 will fare better since the xbox One is reaching for more of that casual side.

> Something that i thought halo 3 managed to do really well was appease its older core fans (for the most part) while simultaneously bringing in a ton of new players.
>
> Thats something that i started to wonder about halo 4. The game managed to upset much of its core community, but the numbers show that the new gameplay style didnt succeed in bringing in new players.
>
> I would have atleast thought that this game appealed a bit more to the COD crowd and it would win some of them over, but it didnt.
> They managed to run off the majority of the population and didnt succeed in bringing in new devotees to take their place.

A really clear reply, thanks.
At this point its clear that 343 tried to bring some new fans from the COD’s community without success even if this decision would have sacrificed some old players.
But now i just wonder, why 343 with this update didnt try to make a step back in order to make some old and unsatisfied gamers return?

> - There is no way to communicate with 343, you cant send your feedback, you cant send an email. Bungie was different.

You can provide feedback on playlists, weapon balancing, and Matchmaking bugs in the War Games Feedback section. It’s Waypoint’s counterpart to Bungie.net’s Optimatch.

The fact that you think that halo 4 should have been like halo 3 because its a sequal is god awful. halo 4 is an evolution of reaches gameplay. And a majority of halo 4’s elements are direct evolutions of elements in reach.

Also halo 2’s was the worst. Had the most broken weapon sandbox. Button combos and the horrendous amount of bullet magnitism and huge hitboxes is way worse then any of the new core elements we have.

Of course all of this is a matter of opinion. The balance changes they bring will improve the gameplay that we already have which is good. LOL kill times like cod? You really havent played any other halo? None of the improvements are going to make anything kill faster then what we have already delt with. The fastest we have delt with is halo CE’s pistol. And nothing in this update is anywhere close to it.

So tone the hyperbull down.

Why throw a previous games accomplishments out just for the sake of creating a new game? Halo Reach was also regarded as a diversion from the core halo experience. Many complained about it as they do halo 4. The difference is that halo reach didn’t lose the majority of its player base.

Opinions over which halo title is best is exactly that, an opinion. But I believe youre confusing the horrendous lag and connection in halo 2 causing the appearance of shotty hit detection and bullet magnetism, to the Bullet magnetism and aim assist in halo 4 which is actually implemented in to the game.

It definitely was implemented in to halo 2 as well and It could be god awful at times, and im not one to bash halo 4 and praise halo 2 at any chance im given. But Halo 4 is much more noticeable when it comes to the magnetism and the rediculous hitboxes could be partially based on lag because of the small amount of players still present. I guess its arguable but i remember halo 2 being better than this. Rose tinted glasses maybe.

Halo’s gameplay pace has been increased with halo 4 in general too. They wanted to make it faster paced. Look at the other xbox exclusive gears of war judgement. They deviated from their core gameplay and made everything faster and gave the game loadouts. The majority of their fanbase left within a couple months. Sound familiar?

You also cant use a single weapon from the first halo game to prove your point. Thats like comparing a 1/2 second kill time to a 1 second kill time to try to prove that 1 second isnt even a fast time to kill. It doesnt prove it very well.

> The fact that you think that halo 4 should have been like halo 3 because its a sequal is god awful. halo 4 is an evolution of reaches gameplay. And a majority of halo 4’s elements are direct evolutions of elements in reach.
>
> Also halo 2’s was the worst. Had the most broken weapon sandbox. Button combos and the horrendous amount of bullet magnitism and huge hitboxes is way worse then any of the new core elements we have.
>
> Of course all of this is a matter of opinion. The balance changes they bring will improve the gameplay that we already have which is good. LOL kill times like cod? You really havent played any other halo? None of the improvements are going to make anything kill faster then what we have already delt with. The fastest we have delt with is halo CE’s pistol. And nothing in this update is anywhere close to it.
>
> So tone the hyperbull down.

I simply said that halo 4 should be like halo 3 not because its a sequel but because Halo 3 was able to survive for years and still today i can find people to play with. Halo 4 has no longevity and in my opinion has a really disappointing multiplayer.

About the, like you call them, LOL kill times i just put an eye on the weapon balancing demonstration on twich, published 5 days ago by 343.
Light rifle and 4 shot BR? never seen such kills in any halo multiplayer.

I’ve played every halo games man, check my service record and please dont get angry, we are just discussing.

> Halo 4 has the worst multiplayer ever.

Not even close buddy. You’re acting like every time you try to play online, the lag is absolutely horrible, everyone is using hacks and mods, and the overall game is just an unplayable, broken mess. Halo 4 is none of these. It’s okay to dislike Halo 4, but just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it has the worst multiplayer ever. Not by a long shot.

> > The fact that you think that halo 4 should have been like halo 3 because its a sequal is god awful. halo 4 is an evolution of reaches gameplay. And a majority of halo 4’s elements are direct evolutions of elements in reach.
> >
> > Also halo 2’s was the worst. Had the most broken weapon sandbox. Button combos and the horrendous amount of bullet magnitism and huge hitboxes is way worse then any of the new core elements we have.
> >
> > Of course all of this is a matter of opinion. The balance changes they bring will improve the gameplay that we already have which is good. LOL kill times like cod? You really havent played any other halo? None of the improvements are going to make anything kill faster then what we have already delt with. The fastest we have delt with is halo CE’s pistol. And nothing in this update is anywhere close to it.
> >
> > So tone the hyperbull down.
>
> I simply said that halo 4 should be like halo 3 not because its a sequel but because Halo 3 was able to survive for years and still today i can find people to play with. Halo 4 has no longevity and in my opinion has a really disappointing multiplayer.
>
> About the, like you call them, LOL kill times i just put an eye on the weapon balancing demonstration on twich, published 5 days ago by 343.
> Light rifle and 4 shot BR? never seen such kills in any halo multiplayer.
>
> I’ve played every halo games man, check my service record and please dont get angry, we are just discussing.

Halo 2 BR: 1.41
Halo 3 BR: 1.53
Halo Reach DMR: 1.6
Halo 4 DMR: 1.47
Halo 4 BR after update: Between 1.4 and 1.5
Halo 4 Carbine after update: around 1.4
Halo 4 LR unscoped: 1.77
Halo 4 LR scoped post update: ?

It’s not the killtimes, it’s the combination of Instant Respawn, Sprint, a poor strafe, and too much aim assist and bullet magnetism.

Instant Respawn and Sprint speed up the game in the wrong way.

Poor strafe and ease of aim make the minimum killtime and average killtime much closer together.

Ease of aim makes a gigantic difference. What would you say if I told you that the Halo 3 and Halo 4 AR’s currently take the same amount of bullets to kill? You might say accuracy, but both incarnations are inaccurate.

The massive bullet magnetism and aim assist on the Halo 4 AR makes more bullets curve into their target, reducing the effects of spread and bloom, giving a false illusion of a more accurate gun.

The answer to many of your problems… lies here.

> The massive bullet magnetism and aim assist on the Halo 4 AR makes more bullets curve into their target, reducing the effects of spread and bloom, giving a false illusion of a more accurate gun.

well now its really clear why there is not so mutch enthusiasm for this game. I didnt notice any MLG competition about Halo 4 either.
They are not going to fix this huge magnetism with the next balance update right?

i’ve read something only about an accuracy decrease for the AR.
Thanks for your explanations guys by the way.