halo4 magnum

hey guys

i realy like the magnum from previous halos, but in halo 4 i found that the magnum only realy shines at close range where the boltshot does a way better job.

The combination of:

  • high bloom
  • 6 shoots to kill
  • 8 bullets magazine capacity
    makes it realy frustrating to use.
    especially against weapons like dmr and br (close - mid range).

in my opinion i think this weapon should be a 5 shot to kill, so it can compete with weapons like the dmr and br at short - mid range.

maybe make it so it takes 5 shots to take down shields but if the fifth shot is a headshot it bleeds trough.
slow down the fire rate a tiny bit as well or something like that to compensate.

I have beat dmr users, br users, rocket users, snipers, magnum rivals etc., all with a magnum at least once. And putting a bullet through their heads felt good.

doesnt mean it worth a crap. i mean they let you spawn with a -Yoink!- shotgun for crying out loud.

> I have beat dmr users, br users, rocket users, snipers, magnum rivals etc., all with a magnum at least once. And putting a bullet through their heads felt good.

> hey guys
>
> i realy like the magnum from previous halos, but in halo 4 i found that the magnum only realy shines at close range where the boltshot does a way better job.
>
> The combination of:
> - high bloom
> - 6 shoots to kill
> - 8 bullets magazine capacity
> makes it realy frustrating to use.
> especially against weapons like dmr and br (close - mid range).
>
> in my opinion i think this weapon should be a 5 shot to kill, so it can compete with weapons like the dmr and br at short - mid range.
>
> maybe make it so it takes 5 shots to take down shields but if the fifth shot is a headshot it bleeds trough.
> slow down the fire rate a tiny bit as well or something like that to compensate.

The weapon is a sidearm it is mainly there for backup.

I think the kill time is fine but I would like to see 2 more bullets added to the magazine. I feel like it would give it the little push it needs.

> doesnt mean it worth a crap. i mean they let you spawn with a -Yoink!- shotgun for crying out loud.
>
>
>
>
> > I have beat dmr users, br users, rocket users, snipers, magnum rivals etc., all with a magnum at least once. And putting a bullet through their heads felt good.

The speed at which you can fire it while also controlling bloom has increased slightly from the reach magnum. And if its possible to beat anyone with it, then it is worth a crap. However, i will admit that a 5 shot is a little better in CTF.

And i feel like everyone over reacts about the boltshot. The only problem i have with it is the fact that that it takes down a lot of your shield from far distance. I think a spread that increase greatly from longer ranges would make it useless.

Dyr they have a weapon feedback thread now, and i slowing the fire rate to compensate for the 5 shot kill would be cool as long as it is not the fire rate of the magnum in halo 3 because it would get destroyed in this game.

> hey guys
>
> i realy like the magnum from previous halos, but in halo 4 i found that the magnum only realy shines at close range where the boltshot does a way better job.
>
> The combination of:
> - high bloom
> - 6 shoots to kill
> - 8 bullets magazine capacity
> makes it realy frustrating to use.
> especially against weapons like dmr and br (close - mid range).
>
> in my opinion i think this weapon should be a 5 shot to kill, so it can compete with weapons like the dmr and br at short - mid range.
>
> maybe make it so it takes 5 shots to take down shields but if the fifth shot is a headshot it bleeds trough.
> slow down the fire rate a tiny bit as well or something like that to compensate.

I don’t think we are talking about the same magnum, that thing can kill the DMR users even at medium range… that thing works very well farther than I expected it to. Its almost and even match for dmr at midrange and absolutly poops on BR users at close range.

This match specifically forced me to respect the magnum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXIEL0dbol0 “lost the crown” long distance magnum…

> The weapon is a sidearm it is mainly there for backup.

this change iam talking about would not make it a primary.
it would just make it more reliable.

Weapons Feedback

Dude, the magnum is already great, if you know what your doing with it.

> Dude, the magnum is already great, if you know what your doing with it.

The magnum is beastly, but it would be nice to have a 12 or 15 shot clip.