Halo4 Forge World

I had too ideas for Halo4’s Forge World: Themes and Geography.

Themes: I had an idea of picking a theme. If you go in to Forge World in Halo4 and go in to Forge mode when you hit “X” there will be a category along with the other categories called “Themes”. The idea is that you pick a theme and it will change the entire look of the map. One theme can be kind of like the grassy Reach Forge world, another theme could be the glassed wast land in Africa. It will not change the geography of the map but it will change the textures and climate.

Geography: (Not sure if Geography is a very good name) Again this would be in the categories. Basically you could make some of the basic geography by selecting mountains and tunnels and putting them somewhere in the map that would make sense(Not in the air). All would be the same theme as the Theme. There would not be that many to choose from, they would be like mountains, water falls, tunnels, oddly shaped mountains, craters and a little more. (Probably would take to much memory but still a cool idea)

These would not take up any points or whatever that Forge currency is called.

Thoughts?

I see what your saying and its not bad, like one setting could be snow, another could be damage effects, like how certain MP levels in reach look destroyed or damaged.

I personaly want to see them increase item’s and money in forge, they almost have it so that we can use alot of stuff but its still not enough. our community has big ideas and unfortunatly we don’t have the budgets in forge world or any other level more so to demonstrate our abilitys and love of the game. they should really just get rid of item count and money counts in the forge system and just let us build. I’ve got half a city map built in forge world’s box canyon known as blood gulch but I want to turn the hole gulch into gulch city but I can’t.

another idea, how bout adding ODST drop pods, the community seems to really like this idea and is trying to find cheaper more effective ways of creating these out of forge items. the idea is simple enough, box that falls and when it hits ground is no longer usable. if 343 really wanted to get into a crafty situation they could even make it so that you can move the thrusters like in the cut scene in odst.

> I see what your saying and its not bad, like one setting could be snow, another could be damage effects, like how certain MP levels in reach look destroyed or damaged.
>
> I personaly want to see them increase item’s and money in forge, they almost have it so that we can use alot of stuff but its still not enough. our community has big ideas and unfortunatly we don’t have the budgets in forge world or any other level more so to demonstrate our abilitys and love of the game. they should really just get rid of item count and money counts in the forge system and just let us build. I’ve got half a city map built in forge world’s box canyon known as blood gulch but I want to turn the hole gulch into gulch city but I can’t.
>
> another idea, how bout adding ODST drop pods, the community seems to really like this idea and is trying to find cheaper more effective ways of creating these out of forge items. the idea is simple enough, box that falls and when it hits ground is no longer usable. if 343 really wanted to get into a crafty situation they could even make it so that you can move the thrusters like in the cut scene in odst.

I think it would be better to have real ODST drop pods. Custom made ones could be cool for custom games but if they are online then I’d rather see UNSC stuff.

I think that Forge in Halo4 should be something like this:

A vast and empty cube of nothing, where you can spawn terrain such as dirt, grass, snow, water, or metal in forms such as boxes, cylinders, balls, pyramids, and other shapes. To create a feeling on your map, you could choose to use any of a certain amount of premade skyboxes as a wallpaper, and you could choose to place any of many lighting and weather effects. And of course, you could still simply use scenery and pre-made items, as well as place weapons, objectives, and spawn points.