Halo4 Duel Wielding

I know duel wielding is out, but does anybody know why? I thought it was a cool idea for halo and never really had a problem with it.

Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!

Originally it was taken out with the excuse of making you feel less powerful for both Reach and ODST.

Now I think it’s just the fact that 343 views it as a bad gameplay element, or something that was fairly overpowered, and removed it.

> Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!

…?

> > Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!
>
> …?

Yeah, what?

> > > Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!
> >
> > …?
>
> Yeah, what?

What?

People constantly whined about it being a “gimmick” even though it’s entirely optional to pick up a second weapon or not. :frowning:

Easier to balance weapons.

> > > > Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!
> > >
> > > …?
> >
> > Yeah, what?
>
> What?

Facepalm

Nobody said anything along the lines of Halo 4 having a weapon you can duel wield with. This thread was made to discuss its absence.

> > > > > Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!
> > > >
> > > > …?
> > >
> > > Yeah, what?
> >
> > What?
>
> Facepalm
>
> Nobody said anything along the lines of Halo 4 having a weapon you can duel wield with. This thread was made to discuss its absence.

Oh sorries

[deleted]

> > > Halo 4 is having a duel weapon? Where, How?!
> >
> > …?
>
> Yeah, what?

Being sarcastic. The topic should be DUAL instead of DUEL.

As to DW, People argue it was pointless and/or overpowered with some weapon combinations. Which I think is simply foolish.

> Someone from 343I said they had dual wielding in their early builds, but ultimately scrapped it because it made balancing weapons a lot harder.

I think there should be some kind of weapons that have duel.

They tried it early in development but it broke the sandbox and I’m glad it’s out. In every PvP FPS I’ve played that’s had it, it’s either overpowered or underpowered. There is no real way to balance it.

But it had some use for machinima and had some combos that were not overpowered at all. Every combo used was about short to medium range. I think it was mistake to take it out.

Balancing purposes. Guns that were chosen to be dual-wielded were significantly weaker than non-dual wieldable weapons.

> But it had some use for machinima and had some combos that were not overpowered at all. Every combo used was about short to medium range. I think it was mistake to take it out.

Not a mistake, a decision was made for it to be taken out, which in my opinion is one of the best decisions they’ve made. Easier to balance weapons, sidearms are no longer useless.

Dual wielding was a pointless and clunky addition to the series. Why bother having two weapons when you could just have one that does that much damage?

Dual wielding was cut because of balanced.

Single wield SMG = Balance
Dual wield SMGs = Over powered

Dual wield SMGs = Balanced
Single wield SMG = Under powered.

If I remember correctly, didn’t Frank O’Connor said it was taken out in Halo: Reach because it caused players to stop using grenades, or beatdowns? That all players did when dual-wielding was run around praying and spraying?

In the end of it all, I think what it really did was mess with Halo’s trifecta of “Guns, Grenades & Melee”.