Halo4 Duel Wield, Three Weapon Set Idea

Halo4, bring back duel wield, and SMG’s. We are SII’s again so its time to be the bad -Yoinks!- we once were. Yes SIII’s are bad -Yoink- but SII’s tend to look just a bit more bad -Yoink-(in the games anyway).

Maybe in some game types we can carry two single hand guns and two double hand guns? There for we would have three weapon sets. Two guns on your back which both require two hands, and two guns on your legs which need one hand. Just an idea.

Thoughts?

I think that maybe we should not have Dual-Wielding back, or three weapon sets. A core mechanic within the game is that you are limited to two weapons, and you had to decide whether or not it was a good idea to leave your pistol/BR/DMR behind.

As for Dual-Wielding, it was a double-edged sword, some weapons were silly to use alone, thus requiring you to dual-wield to get any effectiveness out of them (SMG+Plasma Rifle, anyone?).

no, because i bet some goes rocket and shotgun + plasma pistol and magnum. imagine someone doing that in mm

i think what they should do is make it so if your dual wielding and you swap to your primary it puts your dual wielding weapons on your legs i suppose that would be ok.

most of the smaller weapons you can use are put on your thighs when not in use. Why not carry the pair on your two thighs? I can understand why no dual needler (halo 2), but at least allow us to carry 2 “sidearms”.

> I think that maybe we should not have Dual-Wielding back, or three weapon sets. A core mechanic within the game is that you are limited to two weapons, and you had to decide whether or not it was a good idea to leave your pistol/BR/DMR behind.
>
> As for Dual-Wielding, it was a double-edged sword, some weapons were silly to use alone, thus requiring you to dual-wield to get any effectiveness out of them (SMG+Plasma Rifle, anyone?).

I remember some damn fun times with dual weapons. We need it back. The reason why reach did not have it was because it was a more team based slightly more professional style game. Now we have the lone wolf chief back and he needs to survive. We need dual wield.

i like th idea awesom magnum +plasma pistole destroy sheilds then kill with pistol

:frowning: Thought more people would want to talk about this.

I would love to see dual wielding back, it added to some of the craziness that made Halo really fun (not that it still isn’t). But there should be gametype options that could make it impossible to do so (For MLG playlists and stuff.). But I loved dual wielding pistols in SWAT magnums.

Actually, I would prefer they keep duel wielding out, its just too silly.

> Actually, I would prefer they keep duel wielding out, its just too silly.

Silly? I know its your own opinion but how did you get silly? It looks cool, it adds to the fun, I feel like there is more to work with knowing its in the game, and it lets in more basic strategies like over charge plasma pistol and finish with other weapon. For me it made the game more enjoyable. Also it just looks good when an SII or an elite is running around with duel wield weapons, make them look more dangerous or bad -Yoink-. Besides, elites can do it in the reach campaign so why no a spartan as well?

> > Actually, I would prefer they keep duel wielding out, its just too silly.
>
> Silly? I know its your own opinion but how did you get silly? It looks cool, it adds to the fun, I feel like there is more to work with knowing its in the game, and it lets in more basic strategies like over charge plasma pistol and finish with other weapon. For me it made the game more enjoyable. Also it just looks good when an SII or an elite is running around with duel wield weapons, make them look more dangerous or bad Yoink!. Besides, elites can do it in the reach campaign so why no a spartan as well?

mabe enemies can duel wield, but not the player. I just feel Halo has moved away from duel wielding. ODST and Reach didnt have it so I dont think it would be a good idea to have it in Halo 4. Most weapons can’t even be duel wielded, so having one or two that can would change the gameplay too much. I say Halo 4 would be better if it was like Halo 1 which didnt have duel wield.

> :frowning: Thought more people would want to talk about this.

General may be all encompassing, but perhaps your main audience awaits in the Multiplayer forum. :wink:

I have no particular feelings about dual wielding I think. I would be ok with or without it. Although a benefit would be that it could discourage grenade spamming.

The Chief already knows how to Duel Wield, so Duel Wielding Yes, 3 weapons NO

> > :frowning: Thought more people would want to talk about this.
>
> General may be all encompassing, but perhaps your main audience awaits in the Multiplayer forum. :wink:
>
> I have no particular feelings about dual wielding I think. I would be ok with or without it. Although a benefit would be that it could discourage grenade spamming.

Lol, always forget about the multiplayer forum, Ill be posting this there in a few seconds. :slight_smile:

> > > Actually, I would prefer they keep duel wielding out, its just too silly.
> >
> > Silly? I know its your own opinion but how did you get silly? It looks cool, it adds to the fun, I feel like there is more to work with knowing its in the game, and it lets in more basic strategies like over charge plasma pistol and finish with other weapon. For me it made the game more enjoyable. Also it just looks good when an SII or an elite is running around with duel wield weapons, make them look more dangerous or bad Yoink!. Besides, elites can do it in the reach campaign so why no a spartan as well?
>
> mabe enemies can duel wield, but not the player. I just feel Halo has moved away from duel wielding. ODST and Reach didnt have it so I dont think it would be a good idea to have it in Halo 4. Most weapons can’t even be duel wielded, so having one or two that can would change the gameplay too much. I say Halo 4 would be better if it was like Halo 1 which didnt have duel wield.

Odst did not have it because that game was more based around survival. Using all the ammo you can find intelligently. Reach did not have it because it had a more team based, profesional style of gameplay. Plus they were trying to make us more limited with the entire SIII instead of SII thing.

> Actually, I would prefer they keep duel wielding out, its just too silly.

Silly? It’s one of the things that made Halo 2 and 3 unique. It revolutionized FPS mechanics in Halo 2, and it’s silly? I want to see duel wielding back, but not your idea. Sorry.

> Halo4, bring back duel wield, and SMG’s. We are SII’s again so its time to be the bad Yoink! we once were. Yes SIII’s are bad Yoink! but SII’s tend to look just a bit more bad Yoink!(in the games anyway).
>
> Maybe in some game types we can carry two single hand guns and two double hand guns? There for we would have three weapon sets. Two guns on your back which both require two hands, and two guns on your legs which need one hand. Just an idea.
>
> Thoughts?

I always thought thats the way it needs to be but never going to happened because most of the community doesnt like the idea. O_o