Halo4 Cutscenes? What will they be like?

I’m hoping for more of a halo wars style.

Very specific.

I think there will be more first person cutscenes, like in H3:ODST and Reach, and that they will be streamlined into the gameplay when necessary.

The cutscenes will be cinematic I believe(not sure), if that is what you mean.

Some will be played in First Person and Quicktime events.

> I’m hoping for more of a halo wars style.

agreed. the cinematics were the best so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhIIeSo-_U

There the only game which have made Spartans look as tough as they are meant to be

One thing I liked about Halo wars ws the cut scenes done by MS studios were bloody fantastic. I hope H4 goes with nice cinematic cut scenes

I believe they said it around E3 the cutscenes will be in engine like previous Halos and not full cinematic like halo wars… don’t quote me on that

From what I’ve seen so far the cutscenes should look almost as good as they did in Wars which is impressive for being in engine.

> The cutscenes will be cinematic I believe(not sure), if that is what you mean.
>
> Some will be played in First Person and Quicktime events.

This is most true

> I believe they said it around E3 the cutscenes will be in engine like previous Halos and not full cinematic like halo wars… don’t quote me on that

No you’re correct and as you can see from that one trailer showing off the motion capture you can see the cutscenes are pretty damn close to being CGI. Plus it’ll be a mixture of cinematic and quicktime.

The cutscenes are real-time and not CGI.

They will be cinematic-style if I’m correct and some may be in first-person.

There will also be quick-time events. And I don’t want that Elite to throw me down the shaft.

There are going to be quicktime events, and yea, Halo Wars cutscenes are cool.

I meant they will look the same as the rest of the game. Whereas if they tried to that in Wars sgt forge would look like a little ant the whole time, and not animated.

I’m looking forward to seeing them. The motion capture display cutscene really spiked my interest!

As for style, I too hope for Halo Wars-esque. They were badass.

100% agree with the op they had the best cinematic throughout all of the Halo Games and hopefully it will return someday.

Yes. Spartans need to show off their physical capabilities in cutscenes, and Wars did a good job of this. In other games it’s mainly just shooting. I’d love to see some Red vs. Blue style fight scenes.

> Yes. Spartans need to show off their physical capabilities in cutscenes, and Wars did a good job of this. In other games it’s mainly just shooting. I’d love to see some Red vs. Blue style fight scenes.

I’m ALL for going all out with the anime-esque action, especially considering Halo came from a company very interested in anime.

> > I’m hoping for more of a halo wars style.
>
> agreed. the cinematics were the best so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhIIeSo-_U
>
> There the only game which have made Spartans look as tough as they are meant to be

One of the best cutscenes in the saga so far in terms of graphical quality. Plus, it was a really good scene in general. However, the Arbiter could have at least cut off an arm or killed a spartan or something more impressive. His death could have been better too.

> > > I’m hoping for more of a halo wars style.
> >
> > agreed. the cinematics were the best so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhIIeSo-_U
> >
> > There the only game which have made Spartans look as tough as they are meant to be
>
> One of the best cutscenes in the saga so far in terms of graphical quality. Plus, it was a really good scene in general. However, the Arbiter could have at least cut off an arm or killed a spartan or something more impressive. His death could have been better too.

I think they just wanted to show how much of a badass forge is even compared to a spartan:)

Campaign cutscenes and Quick-Time events will use in-game graphics, as did previous Halo games (except for Halo Wars).

The Spartan Ops story cinematics will be using CGI and the mission cutscenes will use in-game graphics.