Halo YouTubers

Do you watch any, and if so, who? I try to follow some to get an insight into differing opinions, like I’m currently subscribed to LateNightGaming and The Act Man. But… god. What is with all the hate, negativity, fanboying and nitpicking? I get that people didn’t like Halo 5, it’s probably my least-favourite Halo game, too. But five, twenty-minute long videos slamming the Halo 5 campaign? Why? Who cares that much about anything, let alone a single installment in a 8/10-game-long series?

LateNightGaming I don’t find too bad for hateful content, he does tend to offer some constructive criticism, even if he does sound a bit… volatile. The Act Man, though… As I said, I want different opinions to my own, but man, I can’t help but feel that gratuitous nitpicking helps anybody. Like for example in one video he just -Yoinked!- about Halo 5’s opening cutscene, saying stuff like "Well why is she jumping through a Phantom?! Why are the Elites just stood there!? This is just sloppy choreography. Well hold your horses there, pal. First off, it’s entertainment that’s meant to look cool, and it sure as hell does. And if you’re going to claim to be such a huge Halo fan, maybe remember that Spartans have thrusters and magnetic armour that Elites don’t have, so a rotating Phantom would throw Elites off-balance while a Spartan can function as normal. And third, look at the freaking carnage! How is that bad choreography?!

Bah, sorry for that side track, but the negativity and frankly babyish complaints about 343i’s games are really getting on my nerves. Does nobody enjoy the game anymore? Does anybody just play Halo because it’s fun?

Gonna say real quick, Halo 5’s initial cutscene lacks in the same way that many other action scenes do these days, which is lack of focus, context, and most importantly, investment. Average players don’t know who anyone besides Buck is, they don’t understand the conflict, they barely understand the objective, and they have no investment in the action scene that follows, leading to a general reaction of ‘uh, cool…I guess’ from most players, which, in addition to the fact that it’s a cutscene and not a gameplay segment, are the most common reasons for this scene’s criticism.

I think people who haven’t voiced their opinion on a subject should be allowed to, heck people who have but want to offer new context should too.
I could understand if Act-Man’s video was ‘Hate’, but it was criticism; based on his knowledge of choreography and how Halo has represented these elements in the past, (4 Spartan III’s and a II struggle against 3 Zealots, yet 4 Spartan IV’s can take out an entire Covenant army, come on) he offered his opinion on the scene, which is justified.
You say you want opinions different form your own, but contradict that by calling other opinions ‘babyish’, so, which is it?

Anyway, to answer the title question, I watch the aforementioned Act-Man, Favyn, Raycevick, Hidden Xperia, Halo Canon, Jon CJG, RvB when it’s airing, and occasionally LNG’s Q&A videos.

Halo Canon’s pretty much it for me. I don’t really enjoy watching other people play Halo, it just makes me feel inadaquet and grumpy.
But learning about the lore…thats a whole nother deal.
On the subject of why they complain…rants generate money. People who hate on the game watch the video and agree, and they spread it around, giving the YouTuber money they (often times) badly need.

I’ll give you 3. In my personal opinion, they are the great, maybe even the best.

Aozolai, Gamecheat13 and Luke The Notable.

> 2533274849069111;1:
> Do you watch any, and if so, who? I try to follow some to get an insight into differing opinions, like I’m currently subscribed to LateNightGaming and The Act Man. But… god. What is with all the hate, negativity, fanboying and nitpicking? I get that people didn’t like Halo 5, it’s probably my least-favourite Halo game, too. But five, twenty-minute long videos slamming the Halo 5 campaign? Why? Who cares that much about anything, let alone a single installment in a 8/10-game-long series?
>
> LateNightGaming I don’t find too bad for hateful content, he does tend to offer some constructive criticism, even if he does sound a bit… volatile. The Act Man, though… As I said, I want different opinions to my own, but man, I can’t help but feel that gratuitous nitpicking helps anybody. Like for example in one video he just -Yoinked!- about Halo 5’s opening cutscene, saying stuff like "Well why is she jumping through a Phantom?! Why are the Elites just stood there!? This is just sloppy choreography. Well hold your horses there, pal. First off, it’s entertainment that’s meant to look cool, and it sure as hell does. And if you’re going to claim to be such a huge Halo fan, maybe remember that Spartans have thrusters and magnetic armour that Elites don’t have, so a rotating Phantom would throw Elites off-balance while a Spartan can function as normal. And third, look at the freaking carnage! How is that bad choreography?!
>
> Bah, sorry for that side track, but the negativity and frankly babyish complaints about 343i’s games are really getting on my nerves. Does nobody enjoy the game anymore? Does anybody just play Halo because it’s fun?

I would play Halo , if I still found it fun. 343s’ version of Halo just isn’t fun for me , and many of the classic fans share that opinion. Many of us look at Halo 5 as cluster -Yoink- , and miss the strategy that the original trilogy brought to the genre. Many like Act man and LNG are very vocal about there displeasure because they believe the vocal minority on the forums is what negatively impacted Halo to begin with. They are just trying to use the same tactic to reverse the formula.

TheChiefCanuck! Great Canadian halo guy who loves the franchise with a passion. He covers new news and updates and a few other things too. Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmPkHZxpviguTuxU2K9g2A

Luke Thenotable and proxcimity i think are good i also watch reclaimer a bit.

I usually watch The Act Man or LNG. Do watch Favyn but I these two are my favorites.

ubernick and act man is pretty much it for me

I watch a bunch but here are a few of my favorites (in no particular order).

I watch the following Halo YouTubers:

Gameplay

• Luke TheNotable - Great Halo tips. I myself got significantly better after incorporating some of his tactics. - Proximitty - More great Halo tips, especially for Onyx-level. - Online Dater - If you like amazing SWAT gameplay, then check this guy out. Best Halo SWAT player in the world. - Vetoed - Champ-level Halo player. Love his gameplay. - UberNick - Cool guy from Ireland. Love his Warzone challenge videos. - HokieBird428 - Greatest Halo campaign walkthroughs for legendary I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t skip anything and has in-depth strategies to beat every area. - Halo Completionist - His videos helped me get MCC’s LASO and 3 hour legendary speedrun achievements. Such a relaxing guy to listen to as well. Discussion/Lore

• HiddenXperia - Literally a Halo encyclopedia. Love his lore videos as well as his suggestions on how to improve the Halo franchise. - LateNightGaming - Love his discussions on the Halo universe, as well as his suggestions for improvement. - Halo Canon - His reviews for various pieces of Halo media are great, and he knows a -Yoink-load about Halo. - MythicTyrant - Original Halo Mythic creator. Love his Q&A’s and discussions about the Halo universe. Other

• Gamecheat13 - Love his AI battle videos, as well as the other mods that he showcases on his channel. - Generalkidd - Been watching since 2008! Amazing glitch videos, literally uncovers and showcases every glitch in any Halo game #respect.Probably missing a few but these are the channels that came to mind.

I watch the act man. And not only am I subscribed to him on Xbox, we’ve actually played together! He friended me back too! It was one of the greatest moments of my life…
Otherwise -

• Ubernick - TheReachWay - Luke theNotable

Actman, Ubernick, Watchy, EnderKightYT and used to be stampylonghead

To be honest I don’t have a favorite Halo YouTuber but I watch alot of Pingy. :grin:

I watch eagle precursor, spoox,triple shot,faulty minds, and very pacey

> 2533274900668879;2:
> Gonna say real quick, Halo 5’s initial cutscene lacks in the same way that many other action scenes do these days, which is lack of focus, context, and most importantly, investment. Average players don’t know who anyone besides Buck is, they don’t understand the conflict, they barely understand the objective, and they have no investment in the action scene that follows, leading to a general reaction of ‘uh, cool…I guess’ from most players, which, in addition to the fact that it’s a cutscene and not a gameplay segment, are the most common reasons for this scene’s criticism.

1. It is explained why they’re there in the beginning of the scene.

2. The ‘average player’ (whether you mean average gamer of average Halo player is unspecified, but I’ll try and go for the proverbial goalposts anyway, let’s hope they don’t move) probably played Halo 4 and understands the stakes of Halsey/Jul. If not, then this scene offers exactly what it’s supposed to. A spectacle. It obviously isn’t trying to be profound and story-driven, it is supposed to be like an action movie. Because people like action movies. As you said so yourself, this is seen a lot these days.

3. The average player probably won’t know who Buck is if they don’t understand what the Spartans are talking about in the opening dialogue.

4. The response was more than ‘uh, cool… I guess’, unless you have a source for that? Look at any YouTube video of the scene, and look at the comments. They are overwhelmingly positive, even the ‘Sony fanboys’ (self-stylised) are. Is it the best source? No. But it is one.

> 2533274900668879;2:
> I think people who haven’t voiced their opinion on a subject should be allowed to, heck people who have but want to offer new context should too.
> I could understand if Act-Man’s video was ‘Hate’, but it was criticism; based on his knowledge of choreography and how Halo has represented these elements in the past, (4 Spartan III’s and a II struggle against 3 Zealots, yet 4 Spartan IV’s can take out an entire Covenant army, come on) he offered his opinion on the scene, which is justified.
> You say you want opinions different form your own, but contradict that by calling other opinions ‘babyish’, so, which is it?

1. I never claimed that people shouldn’t voice their opinions. In fact I welcome more than anything someone who’s perspective has changed, and therefore their opinion has. I find that the most interesting viewpoint in a critique.

2. I never said The Act Man’s hate wasn’t justified. Just that it rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t find it at all wrong, just nitpicky.

3. If you read the books, you’ll see that Spartans perform like Osiris does quite often, it’s just that we’ve not seen it on-screen until now. Halo Wars 1 offered a glimpse at the Spartans’ prowess, but by underpowering the Elites, unfortunately. Also, NOBLE Team struggled because they got ambushed, giving the Elites the advantage, and they blasted past them. But when Osiris sprint through a battle, taking out maybe thirty enemies (low yield for a Spartan engagement) by ambushing them, gaining the advantage and blasting past them, that’s just silly? Alright. And again, thirty-or-so enemies is not “an entire Covenant army”.

4. Please, do point out where I called his opinion babyish. Because you’ll probably find that I was unimpressed with his nitpicking of certain parts, not his opinion of the piece. I disagree with his opinion in the post, but never his right to it, nor its validity in conjunction to my own. I criticised the drawn-out (for money, obviously), critically negative way in which he presented his opinion. I offered my counterarguments for his arguments, and as part and parcel of discussing content, I criticised its delivery. I also lamented the general feeling of negativity in the community, and how this offers nothing to help. The thing about criticism is, everyone can do it. But the better person offers constructive criticism, and doesn’t leave out the positives in a product for the sake of riding the rage train for views.

Fair enough.
I do agree there’s a lot of bandwagon hate for 343i, and 6 videos on the subject was clearly stretching it, but if it gets the point across to 343, then it’s worth it in my books. The bigger the uproar, the more likely they will be to listen.
I just wish more people had legit complaints rather than, as you said, nitpicking.

I watch a good bit of them.

• Act Man - LNG - Taquin - UberNick - ZannyVids - SuddenlyOrangesI used to watch a Halo Wars 1 Youtuber named Appleclutter. Good guy, played with him a couple times, he even got a shout out on HaloFollower. Unfortunately, he deleted his channel, and I can’t seem to find him on Xbox Live anymore. Shame, really.

I know I’ll get a lot of hate for this but I like HaloFollower. I know he’s probably been a yoink to everyone that’s worked for him…but the guy and his team puts in the work to pull together all the news, lore, and speculation into one place.

Favyn is a great Halo YouTuber. Pro-classic Halo without being demeaning. Gives objective and well thought out opinions.