Halo Xbox One Special Edition

There should be an xbox one special edition
halo (5?) that includes a remake of all the previous halo games.

[deleted]

Yah but it would be extra money just like it is with the different COD editions (prestige, hardened,etc)

No. There is no need to remake ALL previous Halo games. Halo CE had its anniversary edition (which was a HD remastering), and Halo 3,Reach and 4 are all still fully playable. The only one which could be remade is Halo 2, although I still doubt it will happen, and even Frank O’Connor has said there are no plans to do so. But if it is, it should only be the campaign.

How about this, The special edition is the normal special edition of game, where like other special editions, there’s physical goodies, free sound track, and in game stuff.

AND NOT a remake of every Halo game released.

ALSO, WE DO NOT NEED A REMAKE OF EVERY -Yoinking!- HALO GAME!

Halo CEA was released to celebrate Halo’s 10 year mark, NOT just because they wanted to remake the game.

But, if you really want a remake how about this.

They release a PC version, with a full blown, not locked up, map creator like Halo Custom Edition had, and give everyone who buy’s the special edition, and free preorder for the “Halo {Insert number here} campaign remake” DLC, and every month or so release a DLC mission campaign, that’s a remake of a past Halo campaign, IN Halo Xbox One’s (Halo 5’s) new engine. There, a remake of a Halo game, and on the cheap. No extra cost of publishing, and shipping physical copies, no extra cost of advertising, no extra man hours recoding the game so it’ll work on the Xbox One.

But some people may not have the xbox 360 (broken or other reasons) and would like a way to be able to play the games another way.

> But some people may not have the xbox 360 (broken or other reasons) and would like a way to be able to play the games another way.

Well then, I guess, they’ll either have to suck it up, or go spend money and buy a new 360.

@weird stealth
I get what your saying but maybe remake wasn’t quite the right word. I think it would be wise for 343 to maybe not remake the games but instead make them compatible with the xbox one (I’m not a video game programmer, so I’m not sure if that’s possible or how difficult it would be) I think Microsoft made a big loss not including backwards compatibility into the xbox one.

> @weird stealth
> I get what your saying but maybe remake wasn’t quite the right word.

You’re right, “remake” isn’t the right word you’re looking for, but it’s the word that everyone is screaming lately, “remake this, remake that, I want this map remade” There needs to be a line drawn, on what’s okay to remake, and what’s not okay to remake, as well as when.

My suggestion I made for a dual release Halo game on both PC and Xbox, and then releasing campaign DLC after words of remakes of past Halo campaigns, still my main suggestion to the idea of remakes. Since all Halo CEA was, was a remake of Halo CE, without MP, and with CoOp Campaign mode over Xbox LIVE.

> I think it would be wise for 343 to maybe not remake the games

Yes, because if you sit there and remake a list of games, over and over and over and over, it goes from “They’re trying to create their own path in Halo”, to “They’re just rehashing what Bungie did.”, it makes 343i look lazy to the community’s eyes.

> but instead make them compatible with the xbox one (I’m not a video game programmer, so I’m not sure if that’s possible or how difficult it would be)

You mean port, In a way, porting is remaking. But I do understand what you’re getting at, but the possibility of it happening isn’t very likely.

I can be done, it has been done many times before, Halo Spartan Assault was ported from PC/mobile, to Xbox One, and then to Xbox 360. Halo CE was ported to the PC a few years after Halo CE’s release. Halo 2 was ported to the PC as well, again, a few years later. It’s a very common thing to do, but it requires man hours, and money to do. If 343i was to take a small group of developers from their work on Halo Xbox One, and put them in charge of porting every Halo game to the Xbox One, they’d be lucky if they can get it done before Halo Xbox One’s release.

Halo CE, and Halo 2 they’d have a chance, because of the PC ports being coded for Windows OS, which is very similar to what Xbox One’s OS is, just Xbox One’s OS is a few years newer.

But as far as Halo 3 - Halo 4, I’m not sure about them, but I do believe that the coding language for Xbox 360 is vastly different from Xbox One’s, which is part of the reason for the lack of “Backward compatibility” on the Xbox One.

> I think Microsoft made a big loss not including backwards compatibility into the xbox one.

Yes and No.

Yes, from a gamer’s point of view, it’s a bad move, but from their point of view, it wasn’t a bad move, because the new base coding for the Xbox One’s OS, and the counter the lack of the backwards compatibility, they gave players the ability to log onto both their Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the same time.

But, not every single move Microsoft makes, and has made lately surrounding Xbox and Halo has been what most people view as smart.

No, this wouldn’t even remotely work or make sense in a business standpoint.

Believe it or not, but remaking every game uses an ENORMOUS amount of resources. 343i wouldn’t do that and they especially wouldn’t give it out as an exclusive to people who got a certain edition of a game.

If you want a remake of each game, don’t expect it to be as an add on from an exclusive edition. If anything, you shouldn’t expect it at all.

I want a master chief helmet so I can play better!

Plus also I wantz flamming helmet with Reconz! :smiley:

No, that’s ridiculous and impractical. Remaking every Halo game will require a lot of effort and time. The cost of making it also going to vastly exceed any revenue it generates.

Plus, does every Halo game really need to be remade? Halo: Anniversary was only created to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Halo series. Remaking them all seems like milking it. :confused:

I’d much rather them just include HD renditions of all of the cut-scenes of previous Halo games, much like they did with Halo 3’s Legendary Edition.

Of course there will be a special edition of Halo 5! But there should be a Legendary Edition. I was really disappointed with the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Nothing really special came with it. But with all the previous Halo games included with it for the Xbox One? No way. No enough time. Not enough people to work on it.