Halo Xbox One - Playlists

I think we can all agree that there’s a large amount of people that like Infinity Slayer, and people that like Classic Slayer.

I also have seen that a bunch of people really like Halo 3’s playlist system, and I agree that the Ranked and Social categories were a good decision.

Let’s bring them back. Here’s an example.

Ranked Playlists
Legendary Slayer
FFA Legendary Slayer
Legendary Objective
BTB Legendary Slayer
SWAT
Team Snipers

Social Playlists
Infinity Slayer
BTB Infinity Slayer
BTB Skirmish
Flood
Objective

Thoughts, opinions?

There shouldn’t be three BTB playlists. There should be two at most (one ranked and the other unranked), with each playlist having both Slayer and Objective gametypes in its rotation. They don’t need to be separated.

Also, a ranked BTB playlist should be scaled down slightly in order to emulate Squad Battle.

Action Sack should be in social too :stuck_out_tongue:

This doesn’t work as far as I’m concerned.

As someone who doesn’t like Infinity Slayer, I wouldn’t want to be restricted to playing ranked all the time.

In Halo 3, I would play ranked when I felt like trying, and social when I wasn’t in the mood for trying so hard.
It was good that I didn’t have to ruin my KD when I wasn’t in the mood for playing competitively, because I could just play social.

So this idea doesn’t really work, it assumes that all classic fans are competitive and that all Infinity fans are non-competitive, which isn’t true.

If Halo 5 MM is really going to work, it should be consistent across ranked and social.

That’s my opinion anyway.

> This doesn’t work as far as I’m concerned.
>
> As someone who doesn’t like Infinity Slayer, I wouldn’t want to be restricted to playing ranked all the time.
>
> In Halo 3, I would play ranked when I felt like trying, and social when I wasn’t in the mood for trying so hard.
> It was good that I didn’t have to ruin my KD when I wasn’t in the mood for playing competitively, because I could just play social.
>
> So this idea doesn’t really work, it assumes that all classic fans are competitive and that all Infinity fans are non-competitive, which isn’t true.
>
> If Halo 5 MM is really going to work, it should be consistent across ranked and social.
>
> That’s my opinion anyway.

It seems you and I agree on a lot of ideas here :smiley:

Yes, it would feel very odd to completely change play styles when suddenly you want to take a break from ranked and kick back. If Infinity playlists made up the social hemisphere of matchmaking, I would feel little to no desire to play social at all.

I’d much rather lay it out like this:

Ranked

Team Slayer (Pro, Legendary, Legendary BRs)
Big Team Battle (12v12, Pro, Legendary, Pro Objectives)
Team Objective (5v5, Pro and Legendary Objectives)
Team Throwdown (4v4, Pro, Legendary, Legendary BRs, Extraction BRs, CTF BRs, CTF Pro, Extraction Pro)
SWAT (SWAT, SWAT Magnums, Covenant SWAT, Forerunner SWAT)
Team Snipers (4v4, Snipers, Snipers Pro)
Rumble Pit (6 Players, Pro, Legendary, Pro Objectives)

Social

Invasion (12v12, Invasion, Invasion Skirmish)
Social BTB (Identical Settings to ranked + Infinity Slayer)
Social Skirmish (5v5, Identical Settings to Ranked TS)
Action Sack (FFA, AS Variants)
Flood/Infection (16 Players, 3 Flood to start, Flood/Infection, Hivemind)
Multi Team (3v3v3v3, Infinity and Pro variant of Slayer and Objectives)
Grifball (Duh)
Social Objective (5v5 Identical Settings to Ranked Obj + Infinity Variants)
Team Destruction (8v8, Assault, Ricochet, Pro/Infinity Variants)
Pit of Joy (9 Players, Pro and Infinity Slayer/Objective Variants, FFA)
Infinity Slayer (4v4, Pure Infinity Slayer on TS maps)

I think this would please everyone, leaving Infinity aside a Social Slayer Playlist, and Pro a Social Playlist, alongside leaving the competitive edge to Pro and Legendary.

@A Virtual Duck

I don’t like it. Too much everything is in there.
Too much playlists and too much gametypes within it.

We don’t even know how will mp searching look like. We don’t know will there be voting like it’s now with 3 choices.

I made a similar thread here, with some possible playlists for halo 5, but no one seems to be bothered.

For the record, I agree that multiplayer should be split into ranked and social.

Ranked

1. Team throwdown

2. Team snipers

3. Swat

4. Lone Wolves (like halo 3)

5. Team Doubles

6. Mlg (Maybe)

Social

1. Legendary Slayer

2. Infinity Slayer

3. Legendary Rumble

4. Infinity Rumble

5. Team action sack

6. Grifball

7. Big Team infinity Slayer

8. Big team legendary slayer

9. Flood

10. Classic Infection

11. New Playlist

12. New Playlist

13. Legendary Objective

14. Infinity Objective

15. Infinity CTF

16. Legendary Ctf

What of Dominion and Extraction? I can see people preferring it trend more ranked, but I can honestly see it fulfilling both social and ranked.

Too many playlists are going to exponentially reduce the chances of finding a good match in some playlists. They should try to keep it as simple as possible. As a suggestion…

Hopper 1:

• Team Slayer (4v4)
  • Team Objective (5v5?)
  • Big Team Battle (1/2max v 1/2max)
  • Team Doubles
  • Team Snipers
  • Team SWAT
  • etc

Hopper 2:

• Team Infinity (slayer and objective)
  • Free For All (Rumble pit/Lone wolves/etc)
  • Grifball
  • Infection
  • Action Sack
  • ect

Hopper 3:

• Co-op Campaign
  • Firefight/Ops/etc.

Or something of that nature. There’s no reason to have clones of playlists for both classic and infinity settings littering the place.

I love how everyone keeps putting down like 20+ different gametypes.
Keep is basic.

RANKED:
Slayer (no MT) ← keeps up with either MLG or AGL settings)
All Objective (no MT) ← keeps up with either MLG or AGL settings)
Team Doubles (no MT) ← keeps up with either MLG or AGL settings)
BT Slayer
BT Objective
FFA
Sniperz (no MT)

Social
Slayer (with MT) 343 Settings
Team Doubles (with MT) 343 Settings
All Objective (with MT) 343 Settings
BT Slayer/Objective (combined into one)
SWAT
Mutli-Team (includes Fiesta and all the other game variants people like)
Flood

We need to stop speeding out the population and simply. More likely to lose players because a gametype is manipulated to have a small population because they take variants which should be found in objective, and they separate them into their own playlist… CTF and Dominion…

I Got a better forum check it out https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2633249_Halo-5-how-it-should-look.aspx#post2633249

> Too many playlists are going to exponentially reduce the chances of finding a good match in some playlists. They should try to keep it as simple as possible. As a suggestion…
>
> Hopper 1:
> - Team Slayer (4v4)
> - Team Objective (5v5?)
> - Big Team Battle (1/2max v 1/2max)
> - Team Doubles
> - Team Snipers
> - Team SWAT
> - etc
>
> Hopper 2:
> - Team Infinity (slayer and objective)
> - Free For All (Rumble pit/Lone wolves/etc)
> - Grifball
> - Infection
> - Action Sack
> - ect
>
> Hopper 3:
> - Co-op Campaign
> - Firefight/Ops/etc.
>
> <mark>Or something of that nature. There’s no reason to have clones of playlists for both classic and infinity settings littering the place.</mark>

who the hell cares if everyone is getting what they want! i would rather wait longer and have it bee worth it