Halo Xbox One may be Halo 5 After All.

I have no idea if this has been discovered or not, but I don’t see any posts about it so hopefully I am the first. Today, I was on videos about speculation and small tidbits of info about Halo 5, and one of the comments noted that on Kazuma Jinnouchi’s facebook page, he shares a photo from Nashville Music Scoring that refers the E3 trailer as the “Halo 5” trailer rather than the Halo Xbox One trailer. Now this is interesting, as it also says that Kazuma composed the music for the “Halo 5” trailer, so Kazuma may be back in for the music in Halo 5, no mention of Neil though.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KazumaJinnouchiMusic

Note: this is not a leak, but there is no way of telling if this is just a fan page, made by a fan. It doesn’t appear to be that way though.

Ocean Way Studios Nashville? That’s in my city!

Pretty cool find OP. Anyways OT, Yes Halo 5 is Halo Xbox One, Axis Animation made two versions of the E3 trailer one version said Halo coming to Xbox One in 2014. The other version said Halo 5 coming to Xbox One in 2014.

> Ocean Way Studios Nashville? That’s in my city!
>
> Pretty cool find OP. Anyways OT, Yes Halo 5 is Halo Xbox One, Axis Animation made two versions of the E3 trailer one version said Halo coming to Xbox One in 2014. The other version said Halo 5 coming to Xbox One in 2014.

Yeah, I saw that one as well, this just reinforces it even more. I’m just surprised to see the date this was shared on (June 14th wasn’t it) and no one has caught onto it until just recently. Especially at that time when David Ellis and all them were saying that it wasn’t Halo 5, this was just sitting in the background somewhere.

I’m more interested to see that Kazuma was brought back to compose for Halo 5, although I don’t have the same feelings for Neil. He’s a great composer, no doubt about it, but it just didn’t fit…Halo. It sounded like music that would come from any blockbuster movie, not a AAA game. I honestly thought Halo Spartan Assault had better music than Halo 4, and was one of the things I really liked about that game. Here’s to Tom Salta!

Your title implies that its been said that “halo xbox one” isn’t halo 5. Isn’t that what we all think?

They never said Halo Xbox One isn’t Halo 5. They have only refused to confirm one way or the other.

> Your title implies that its been said that “halo xbox one” isn’t halo 5. Isn’t that what we all think?

Yeah the title is a little odd the way I worded it. I’m trying to say that Halo Xbox One is Halo 5 and its being called Halo 5, not Halo Xbox One. That’s what I’m trying to say, since recently with MS and 343i saying its not Halo 5, when in all reality, it most likely is, and this is just proof that supports it, that’s all.

I always assumed it was Halo 5.

Especially after AXIS animation posted that edited trailer where it was called Halo 5.

It’s gotta be 5, the clouds in the background show a Halo style 5 clearly, otherwise one could argue it’s false advertising. Lol j/k, but still, it’s gotta be 5, too many hints at it.

Anyone up for a suicide mission to that studio?

On the topic of the edited teaser: it looks off to me. The “5” seems like they just cut a line out of it and slapped on a sloppy texture that doesn’t fit the rest of the logo. I understand they made the trailer, but it seems like cheap post-post-production for the sake of attention or simplicity.

Plus, I wouldn’t trust the word of Axis Animation over 343 Industries.

> Plus, I wouldn’t trust the word of Axis Animation over 343 Industries.

Except we haven’t heard anything from 343 except that they won’t confirm the title one way or the other.

I wish 343 would just tell us the official title already. We all pretty much know it’s going to be Halo 5… unless they drop the numbers and do some subtitle crap. I don’t care how high the numbers go, if it is a game following the main story with Master Chief then it should be numbered.

> I wish 343 would just tell us the official title already. We all pretty much know it’s going to be Halo 5… unless they drop the numbers and do some subtitle crap. I don’t care how high the numbers go, if it is a game following the main story with Master Chief then it should be numbered.

Halo now seems pathetic to the majority of gamers. Any singular-story franchise that reaches four instalments is automatically regarded as such, which is why they’re still discussing it.

I know simplicity feels nice to us fans, but Halo needs a big PR boost right now. Dropping the number would be smart. I’d probably consider buying Ghosts if it was just called “Call of Duty”. GoW:J would have been much more successful as “Gears of War” or just “Gears”. BOII would have failed hard as “CoD 9”. Having no number or subtitle implies freshness - a new start. Plus, there is no game called “Halo”, so the argument that it would cause confusion has little merit.

> > I wish 343 would just tell us the official title already. We all pretty much know it’s going to be Halo 5… unless they drop the numbers and do some subtitle crap. I don’t care how high the numbers go, if it is a game following the main story with Master Chief then it should be numbered.
>
> Halo now seems pathetic to the majority of gamers. Any singular-story franchise that reaches four instalments is automatically regarded as such, which is why they’re still discussing it.
>
> I know simplicity feels nice to us fans, but Halo needs a big PR boost right now. Dropping the number would be smart. I’d probably consider buying Ghosts if it was just called “Call of Duty”. GoW:J would have been much more successful as “Gears of War” or just “Gears”. BOII would have failed hard as “CoD 9”. Having no number or subtitle implies freshness - a new start. Plus, there is no game called “Halo”, so the argument that it would cause confusion has little merit.

I feel like dropping the number would imply that they are just going to start pumping out Halo games as fast as they can, giving us some sort of subtitle to fool us into thinking that it’s a new experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if Halo went that route though, since they’re saying the Reclaimer Trilogy will now be a “Saga” instead of a trilogy… 343 continues to disappoint.

What Halo really needs is for it to be a GOOD game again. If the game is excellent then who cares what it’s called?

>

I disagree. I’m more inclined to buy games that feel like part of the core experience. The Assassin’s Creed 2 sequels didn’t make it onto my radar because they weren’t numbered. I thought they were spin offs or expansion packs or something.

Would Gears of War Judgement have been more successful as Gears of War 4?

It gives you a very easy way to tell how important and/or central to the story it is. If all the CoD titles actually followed a story line, then CoD 9 would be more appealing to me than a nondescriptive subtitle.

I thought it was always quite obvious that Halo Xbox One was Halo 5. I don’t know why Microsoft just didn’t straight out admit it. Why put a 5 in the clouds and show Master Chief if you don’t want people thinking it’s a direct sequel?

> >
>
> I disagree. I’m more inclined to buy games that feel like part of the core experience. The Assassin’s Creed 2 sequels didn’t make it onto my radar because they weren’t numbered. I thought they were spin offs or expansion packs or something.
>
> Would Gears of War Judgement have been more successful as Gears of War 4?
>
> It gives you a very easy way to tell how important and/or central to the story it is. If all the CoD titles actually followed a story line, then CoD 9 would be more appealing to me than a nondescriptive subtitle.

He’s absolutely right…

> I thought it was always quite obvious that Halo Xbox One was Halo 5. I don’t know why Microsoft just didn’t straight out admit it. Why put a 5 in the clouds and show Master Chief if you don’t want people thinking it’s a direct sequel?

My only theory to that is if they straight said it was 5 people would react saying “too soon!” etc.

Even though it more than likely is lol

> Anyone up for a suicide mission to that studio?

I’ve got my plasma grenades armed, and in both hands.

Ready when you are.

XD