Halo Xbox One - Infinity and Classic Playlist

So I have been thinking and discussing about the playlists for Halo Xbox One lately and I came to the conclusion that there is a way to satisfy both Halo Communities( Infinity and Traditional)

So there will thee sorts of playlists to choose from:

-Infinity
-Traditional
-Extra

Infinity:

Infinity will have all non-traditional settings enabled like Loadouts and AA’s

Traditional:

Traditional will be based around the more Classic Halo and will use traditional settings so this means no loadouts and no AA’s.

Extra:

Extra will include playlists that 343 can’t really place at Infinity or Traditional.

Playlists:

Infinity:

-Infinity Slayer
-Infinity Objective
-Infinity BTB

Traditional:

-Team Slayer
-Team Objective
-Big Team Battle

Extra:

-SWAT
-Team Doubles (Both Infinity and Traditional voting options)
-Team Snipers
-Team Action Sack
-Rumble Pit (Both Infinity and Traditional voting options)
-Infection

To make this happen Classic and Infinity should both have NO SPRINT. This makes it easier for developers because they don’t need to change maps etc to make it work and this will still satisfy the Infinity Community because they can still play there Infinity settings only without sprint.

Personally I don’t mind having sprint but if the community doesn’t want to have sprint than I vote for no sprint.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS POST!

I would like to see Halo 3’s ranked & social setup return though. It worked great.

Ranked:

-Team Slayer
-Team Objective
-Lone Wolves
-Ranked SWAT
-Ranked Snipers
-Team Doubles
-Ranked BTB
-MLG (or AGL, or whatever it will be in H5)

Social:

-Social Slayer
-Social Skirmish
-Rumble Pit
-Multi Team
-Social BTB
-Social Snipers
-Social SWAT
-Action Sack
-Grifball
-Infection
-Invasion
-Infinity Slayer

Double EXP specials:

-Fiesta
-Grifball
-Infection
-3 Ball
-Team Melee
-Race

I put SWAT & Snipers in both because I’m not yet sure which category they fit better in. They were good as ranked in Halo 3, but as is in Halo 4 I’m not sure if it would be good for ranked.

Double EXP weekends would be fun games where you could get 2x EXP (obviously). Totally random which playlists come up.

What goes along with that is that I would like to see Halo 3’s ranking system (in it’s entirety) return for H5. I think it was good as a ranking system, but one of the best parts was how it deterred quitters.

UPDATED THE POST!

I like Infinity, but I really don’t think that it’s popular enough to warrant its own separate mode. I see 343 simply making a few Infinity playlists (i.e. Infinity, Big Team Infinity).

Also, I can’t live without sprint.

I’d prefer to have a similar gameplay core across the board, instead of an incongruity of styles that would ensue if Traditional and Infinity were to make it into the same game.

So I voted no.

Check out the NEW POST I MADE INCLUDING EVERYTHING ABOUT HALO XBOX ONE, IT IS CALLED THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!

Sorry but Infinity Playlists are a bad idea cause of 2 main things:

-Ordnance Drops & Loadouts

We dont need or shouldnt have those two things in Halo 5 (Halo XB1).

343 should split up the playlists like Halo 3 did:

-Ranked, Social and Double EXP Weekend

> Sorry but Infinity Playlists are a bad idea cause of 2 main things:
>
> -Ordnance Drops & Loadouts
>
> We dont need or shouldnt have those two things in Halo 5 (Halo XB1).
>
> 343 should split up the playlists like Halo 3 did:
>
> -Ranked, Social and Double EXP Weekend

If loadouts and personal ordnance are just in a few playlists/gametypes that you don’t have to play, then what is the issue? I’m against splitting Halo into Classic and Infinity modes, but if Infinity settings are just in a few gametypes (perhaps in the Social playlist), and traditional gameplay is the main focus, then I don’t see a problem.

These features don’t belong in the TRADITIONAL gameplay. But they can be fun in non-traditional gametypes. What do you think Action Sack is?

Infinity only means PODs. Load outs, AAs etc aren’t involved.

Why do people keep thinking that Infinity means everything that Halo 4 added in?

Team slayer, Oddball, KOTH, CTF. All these allow for loadouts, AAs, Armor mods etc and are identical to their Infinity counterparts except that PODs are removed.

Sorry for being blunt guys but this seems to be a very common mistake.

Anyways I firmly believe a middle ground can be found between traditional game play and what we have now. Having game play changes this drastic in different parts of the game is too much. Imagine if SWAT had it’s own playlist.

Once these middle ground settings are found and turned into Halo 5s core settings I think a 4v4 to 6v6 Team Infinity game type that has these middle ground settings with different voting options like Slayer, CTF, Oddball etc with the only addition being PODs. This can sit in the corner next to Flood, Snipers and SWAT while the two big boys 4v4 and BTB can be based on Halo 5s individual core game play with no PODs.

Sorry in advance. I’m not very good at explaining what I’d like to see in Halo 5s playlist.

> Infinity only means PODs. Load outs, AAs etc aren’t involved.
>
> Why do people keep thinking that Infinity means everything that Halo 4 added in?
>
> Team slayer, Oddball, KOTH, CTF. All these allow for loadouts, AAs, Armor mods etc and are identical to their Infinity counterparts except that PODs are removed.
>
> Sorry for being blunt guys but this seems to be a very common mistake.

CUSTOMIZABLE loadouts are specific to Infinity.

> > Infinity only means PODs. Load outs, AAs etc aren’t involved.
> >
> > Why do people keep thinking that Infinity means everything that Halo 4 added in?
> >
> > Team slayer, Oddball, KOTH, CTF. All these allow for loadouts, AAs, Armor mods etc and are identical to their Infinity counterparts except that PODs are removed.
> >
> > Sorry for being blunt guys but this seems to be a very common mistake.
>
> CUSTOMIZABLE loadouts are specific to Infinity.

Please take a look at this: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228327_Halo-Xbox-One---The-ULTIMATE-Solution.aspx

First off let me say I do enjoy playing Halo 4. Halo really needs to return to its roots.

Custom Load outs: Horrible idea. This one thing absolutely kills vehicle game play. I also have to add being able to start off with Sticky Grenades every time you spawn is just another one of those things that frustrates people so they play something else. Another problem this causes is a complete lack of ammo laying around. If everyone spawns with random weapons you don’t pick up any more ammo for you main gun. I have the ammo perk on most of my loadouts because I hate running out of ammo and then have to try to find some and get killed in the process. PoD’s could be used to alleviate this problem if they dropped main weapons instead of power weapons.

AA’s: Not all of these are bad, but things like Jet Pack, Promethean vision, Camo, and the dreaded Armor Lock from Reach are just too OP which causes big imbalances in game play. Jet Pack destroys all balanced map movement. If these things were more along the lines of Power Ups, with very limited usage they wouldn’t be so bad. Still, at no time should you be spawning with all this random stuff.

PoD’s: This little feature caused a lot of problems. The biggest one is you have no idea what weapons are in play during the match. You have no idea if someone has rockets, shotgun, FRG, etc… until you meat them head on and you are then one shot killed. The second problem this introduces is to many power weapons in the match, so to correct this weapons will despawn within 5-10 secs so there is no chance you can get back to the power weapon you just called in if you get killed.

If Infinity slayer was introduced as an additional form of game play in a playlist like action sack I think it would be very acceptable, but never should have been a main slayer game type.

> First off let me say I do enjoy playing Halo 4. Halo really needs to return to its roots.
>
> Custom Load outs: Horrible idea. This one thing absolutely kills vehicle game play. I also have to add being able to start off with Sticky Grenades every time you spawn is just another one of those things that frustrates people so they play something else. Another problem this causes is a complete lack of ammo laying around. If everyone spawns with random weapons you don’t pick up any more ammo for you main gun. I have the ammo perk on most of my loadouts because I hate running out of ammo and then have to try to find some and get killed in the process. PoD’s could be used to alleviate this problem if they dropped main weapons instead of power weapons.
>
> AA’s: Not all of these are bad, but things like Jet Pack, Promethean vision, Camo, and the dreaded Armor Lock from Reach are just too OP which causes big imbalances in game play. Jet Pack destroys all balanced map movement. If these things were more along the lines of Power Ups, with very limited usage they wouldn’t be so bad. Still, at no time should you be spawning with all this random stuff.
>
> PoD’s: This little feature caused a lot of problems. The biggest one is you have no idea what weapons are in play during the match. You have no idea if someone has rockets, shotgun, FRG, etc… until you meat them head on and you are then one shot killed. The second problem this introduces is to many power weapons in the match, so to correct this weapons will despawn within 5-10 secs so there is no chance you can get back to the power weapon you just called in if you get killed.
>
> If Infinity slayer was introduced as an additional form of game play in a playlist like action sack I think it would be very acceptable, but never should have been a main slayer game type.

I suggest use this post, keeping everything at ONE place: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228327_Halo-Xbox-One---The-ULTIMATE-Solution.aspx

Stop trying to please everybody is step 1. Competitive Halo is much more specific and thus simpler, but harder to get right.

step 2: ???

step 3: profit