Halo Xbox One Continuation of Halo 4?

Idk how I could have missed this, but today was the first day I’ve heard of Halo xbox one.
Will this be a continuation of Halo 4??

We don’t know yet, but with Chief being in it, as well as Cortana’s chip and some of the other theories about it being set near the Ark, I think it’s fair to presume it is, until told otherwise.

Best answer I could give right now, sorry :frowning:

No more that in the same way H3 was the continuation of H2.
Yes Halo xbox 1 (Halo 5 most likely) will be a continuation of the story left off by Halo 4

Pretty fast release date (relative to halo 4) for a continuation story. I hope the proximity between the 2 games is not going to affect the quality…

> Pretty fast release date (relative to halo 4) for a continuation story. I hope the proximity between the 2 games is not going to affect the quality…

I am concerned about this too, especially as 343i are getting acquainted with brand new hardware, have a lot to improve from Halo 4, and have to innovate. I’d prefer a 2015 delay myself.

> Idk how I could have missed this, but today was the first day I’ve heard of Halo xbox one.
> Will this be a continuation of Halo 4??

You been living under a rock, bro?
Anyway, based on the teaser, I think it’s safe to say that it is a continuation of Halo 4, although 343 has been pretty scarce on details about it.

I’m pretty sure it will begin shortly after Halo 4

> I’m pretty sure it will begin shortly after Halo 4

I agree, but why hasn’t 343 confirmed the title yet. That’s bothering the heck out of me.

What if the events in Halo Xbox One take place after the events in Halo 5?
So we see into the future and are left with tons of questions trying to figure what happened and why everything’s so screwed up.
And then Halo 5 comes out, and we then see what happened between Halo 4 and Halo Xbox One.

That’d be really cool!

> What if the events in Halo Xbox One take place after the events in Halo 5?
> So we see into the future and are left with tons of questions trying to figure what happened and why everything’s so screwed up.
> And then Halo 5 comes out, and we then see what happened between Halo 4 and Halo Xbox One.
>
> That’d be really cool!

The Star Wars approach? I’m gonna have to disagree with you.

> > I’m pretty sure it will begin shortly after Halo 4
>
> I agree, but why hasn’t 343 confirmed the title yet. That’s bothering the heck out of me.

Because they haven’t even revealed the game yet. The trailer they showed at E3 was a trailer for Halo (in general) and proof that it will continue into the Xbox One with a little (or maybe big) hint at the continuation of Jon’s story.

Halo Xbox One is just as revealed as Halo 4 was back at the time we knew 343i were working on a game but didn’t know what it would be. It could be Halo 5 (hell, it’s DEFINITELY going to be Halo 5) but it is still unannounced. The only difference between this Halo and Halo 4 pre-reveal is that we know a few details (2014 release, 60 FPS, dedicated servers, implied story direction).

I think that when they properly reveal the game (with maybe another CGI trailer and hopefully at least as soon as the VGAs) we will finally find out what it’s called. The name will likely have a “Halo” and a “5” in it.

> > > I’m pretty sure it will begin shortly after Halo 4
> >
> > I agree, but why hasn’t 343 confirmed the title yet. That’s bothering the heck out of me.
>
> Because they haven’t even revealed the game yet. The trailer they showed at E3 was a trailer for Halo (in general) and proof that it will continue into the Xbox One with a little (or maybe big) hint at the continuation of Jon’s story.
>
> Halo Xbox One is just as revealed as Halo 4 was back at the time we knew 343i were working on a game but didn’t know what it would be. It could be Halo 5 (hell, it’s DEFINITELY going to be Halo 5) but it is still unannounced. The only difference between this Halo and Halo 4 pre-reveal is that we know a few details (2014 release, 60 FPS, dedicated servers, implied story direction).
>
> I think that when they properly reveal the game (with maybe another CGI trailer and hopefully at least as soon as the VGAs) we will finally find out what it’s called. The name will likely have a “Halo” and a “5” in it.

They revealed Halo 4’s title in the teaser for E3 2011. Why not do the same for this one? I hope they don’t have some different title in mind.

Where’ have you been OP? Anyhow, we don’t know much about Halo XBox One. Other than it will be on XBox One, will run at 60 frames per second, and Multiplayer will run on Dedicated servers! And that it is a continuation of John’s story.