Halo would look a lot cleaner without the filler games.

> What we have right now:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Halo: Reach
Halo: CEA
Halo 4

> What we SHOULD have had:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4

IMO it would make the series look much cleaner and like less of a cash cow.

I agree but that doesn’t mean I don’t love halo 3 ODST and reach. I like a change in name besides numbers. I prefer it when they use words instead of numbers.

I don’t know I liked ODST and Wars. But still 6 Games in 10 years is good considering that 4 of them were made with 3 years apart, 1 was made from a seperate dev team, and one was a really really good expansion that was made in 1 year. Aslong as the talent and the game is there and is fun to play, it doesn’t really matter if its being milked. If you want to see a milked game, Look at Mario, or Final Fantasy

Oh well what can you do about it now?

…Reach isnt a filler game. It wasnt meant to pass time between titles, it was Bungie’s last project that took the whole 3 year cycle to create. Nothing wrong with making prequels. ANd honestly, I disagree in the aspect of we shouldnt have them. Halo Wars was a great RTS, sad that it’s looked so down upon by the Halo community. ODST was also a good title, but it was originally meant to be a simple expansion for Halo 3 but Microsoft stepped in…And I’m greatly looking forward to CEA.

> If you want to see a milked game, Look at Mario, or Final Fantasy

I couldnt agree more. Where CoD is a annual title, and Halo is being made by multiple developers for the tenth anniversary with H4 coming next year, none of that competes against a game series that pushes up to four titles a year…freakin’ Nintendo. They just print money. AND NO ONE CARES

Then you have no sense for business or making money. If you don’t have that then you’ll always be a player and never a maker.

Bungie makes games because A) the fans demanded it, and B) Microsoft demanded it. Both of them effortlessly made money off these game despite what you think is a good game or not.

Halo 4-6 is no different. Microsoft has a title that is guaranteed to sell millions of copies every time, and they will continue to make Halo games until they finally fail.

I haven’t hid the fact that I believe that some of the new games contradict the story coughReachcough, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying that story. I enjoyed all of the games for the rich story that they tell. Its funny that the Halo story is more developed than ANY other title out there. And most of it has been done by an equal number of books and games. Its a big story and needs the multiple outlets to be told.