Halo without Xbox Live is... shallow...

I just moved and I’m waiting to have my internet moved also except I can’t get it until at least Aug. 16th at the moment. I realized that I’m stuck with Reach and Halo 3 without Xbox Live. I’ve never played either of these games with the ability to be able to play online.

I found myself playing FF by myself and that was… a little boring. Campaign is okay because there are lots of different ways to play the campaign what with the skulls and all. After that, everything else is useless. I don’t have a lot of face-to-face friends that play Reach so that probably doesn’t help either.

I know Halo was made with online in mind but I just didn’t realize how much of a difference it made without it.

Maybe I’m not thinking out of the box enough?

I completely agree. Playing firefight alone tends to get a little tedious after a while, as does playing campaign missions after you have already played the crap out of them.

If you find yourself with some free time, perhaps you should check out some of the Halo novels if you haven’t already. There are many good stories to enjoy within the Halo universe.

Yeah whenever I get bored, I just find a new game to play.

I used to play Halo all the time offline before I got live, I still found playing it enjoyable but once you go live you never go back! :smiley:

> I used to play Halo all the time offline before I got live, I still found playing it enjoyable but once you go live you never go back! :smiley:

That’s my problem. I started with Live and I’m like “Uh… What do I do now…?”

THis is almost the exact same situation that I’m in right now. I’m in the middle of moving and I’m staying in a hotel and I can’t get Live to work, and all I have is Reach and 3. What I was thinking about doing was getting a good single player game like Assassin’s Creed that you can play over and over again.

> I just moved and I’m waiting to have my internet moved also except I can’t get it until at least Aug. 16th at the moment. I realized that I’m stuck with Reach and Halo 3 without Xbox Live. I’ve never played either of these games with the ability to be able to play online.
>
> I found myself playing FF by myself and that was… a little boring. Campaign is okay because there are lots of different ways to play the campaign what with the skulls and all. After that, everything else is useless. I don’t have a lot of face-to-face friends that play Reach so that probably doesn’t help either.
>
> I know Halo was made with online in mind but I just didn’t realize how much of a difference it made without it.
>
> Maybe I’m not thinking out of the box enough?

I started with no xbox live but i will be on my 3rd year this month. But yeah you cant go back it tends to go boring without your mates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sirkibble2, I completely understand your woes. Halo isn’t complete without it’s Multiplayer. Yet that doesn’t make the Campaign or Firefight modes an automatic failure. It’s just the way it is. The Multiplayer experience is always refreshing somehow. If you don’t have Xbox Live or enough friends to System Link, then you’re in bad times.

But hey, this is why they invented Forge! xP

Well… that’s not the whole truth about Forge’s origins, but… you could certainly have hours of fun using your creativity with it. And if you really work hard, you can end up with something worth sharing when you’re back online (well… with Halo 3 anyway).

Yup Forge the time until your back online then post the maps.

Halo is a mainly online game, so it can be boring without Xbox Live.

When i cant do anything online i go to the park and play basketball.

<4 <343

Maybe replaying Halo 3 campaign if you haven’t in a while

I recommend replaying Cortana, last mission and the one when you face 2 Scarabs at once until you get bored.

I agree. Actually, I’m one of the few people I know that hated Halo 1, and I believe it all stems from the lack of online play. I never played Halo 2 online either because I figured I’d hate the game as much as I hated Halo 1. But once Halo 3 Beta videos started circulating, I figured I’d give it a try because it looked pretty bad-a, and I bought an xbox live gold account to play it online, and then I fell in love with it lol.

You see, I sucked really bad at Halo 1 in comparison to my other friends, and I had nobody at my skill level to practice with. Because of this, I had no way to become better at the game, making the multiplayer no fun at all for me. But once I started playing Halo 3 online, I was able to play against fellow noobies, and eventually I became better and better at it, and it started actually becoming fun for me.

> When i cant do anything online i go to the park and play basketball.
>
> <4 <343

I definitely do that. Or hang with my fiancee. I kid about the latter one. I hang with her whether or not I have Live.

I can’t seem to get with Forge. I don’t have the patience to make a map that people won’t play on (because we know there’s enough subpar maps) anyway. But alas, Assassin’s Creed II and Need for Speed: Shift have occupied my time. But I miss this site and the game (I’m posting at work).

> I used to play Halo all the time offline before I got live, I still found playing it enjoyable but once you go live you never go back! :smiley:

this is so true.

I didn’t have live until the middle lifespan of Halo 2 and after that playing a game offline is so different now. I still remember the 1 day xbl was shut down for about 24 hours b/c of maintainence during the Halo 3 era. I remember being alone forging a map, while it was fun once I finished the map I realized there was no one to play it with lol.

Having no internet is a perfect excuse to get a couple buddies together and have a good ol’ fashioned LAN.

Call of Duty is NOTHING with xbox live. Think of it that way.

Just play some custom games alone and imagine you’re something something in it, like if there is a big battle or something. Just imagine! In halo 2, that’s what I used to do, play campaign and imagine in custom games. In halo CE too.
In the first two weeks or so of halo 3, that’s what I used to do (I had the game before I had an xbox, I got the game on the release date if I remember.)
Right now my account has been suspended, I have an outstanding balance and it should be fixed soon. Until then I’m on the computer. To be honest, I haven’t played halo a lot. Monday, everything was alright, tuesday, I got no internet, wednesday, matchmaking servers were down, thusrday, I didn’t play a lot of live, friday, my microphone broke and I used one of my broken microphones, a part of a wooden stick and two ruberbands to hold it in. Saturday, I went to Quebec city, since it was late when my microphone broke, I couldn’t buy a new one and the only place close enough to have one didn’t have have any anymore, they don’t sell those anymore. At Quebec city, in old Quebec I found a shop and I got a new microphone from there, when I came home, my live didn’t work, wednesday, sunday, it was the same, today, it’same, no live on erickyboo. It should be fixed in a few hours.

Play. Forge. Film.

The perfect solution: ODST campaign.