Halo: Win-Win Spartan abilities Solution

The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?

Simple as that.
Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.

Would this not make everyone happy?

We have discussed this before but from Waypoint its either classic or modernized Halo.

> 2535466620062720;1:
> The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
>
> Simple as that.
> Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
>
> Would this not make everyone happy?

I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.

The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo 5 came out.

> 2533274976607648;4:
> The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo Reach came out.

FTFY

Three titles later and it has not let up nor is the idea original.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> > 2535466620062720;1:
> > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> >
> > Simple as that.
> > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> >
> > Would this not make everyone happy?
>
>
> I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.

We can’t have an old school playlist in h5. The game mechanics are built for sprint and abilites. As much as I would love to have one too it wouldn’t work it would only be perfect kills everywhere.

> 2533274799135257;5:
> > 2533274976607648;4:
> > The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo Reach came out.
>
>
> FTFY
>
> Three titles later and it has not let up nor is the idea original.

Reach did have a classic playlist though, and it was pretty great. It wasn’t there all the time, but it did make an appearance.

> 2533274981120957;6:
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > 2535466620062720;1:
> > > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> > >
> > > Simple as that.
> > > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> > >
> > > Would this not make everyone happy?
> >
> >
> > I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.
>
>
> We can’t have an old school playlist in h5. The game mechanics are built for sprint and abilites. As much as I would love to have one too it wouldn’t work it would only be perfect kills everywhere.

A social weekend playlist would not hurt anything. If you didn’t like it, you would not have to play it. I was thinking the match would consist of Spartan charge and ground pound turned off. But sprint might would be needed to make jumps for certain platforms. but even turning off sprint. It would just change the way the map plays. Just because it changes does not mean it would be bad. I would also like for that same gametype to have H2 BR starting weapons with the CE pistol as a power weapon and or have snipers and rocket launchers as power weapons. Remember we are only suggesting a weekend social playlist just like we just had Covenant Slayer. don’t like it? Don’t play it. I would bet money it would be very popular just for starting with H2 BRs.
Every map I can think of you can move around the map pretty well without sprinting. there might be a platform here and there you might not get to, but how is that any different than prior halo games? Again , think social purely for laughs gametype. If it sucks, no big deal, don’t play again.

> 2533274825101441;8:
> > 2533274981120957;6:
> > > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > > 2535466620062720;1:
> > > > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> > > >
> > > > Simple as that.
> > > > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> > > >
> > > > Would this not make everyone happy?
> > >
> > >
> > > I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.
> >
> >
> > We can’t have an old school playlist in h5. The game mechanics are built for sprint and abilites. As much as I would love to have one too it wouldn’t work it would only be perfect kills everywhere.
>
>
> A social weekend playlist would not hurt anything. If you didn’t like it, you would not have to play it. I was thinking the match would consist of Spartan charge and ground pound turned off. But sprint might would be needed to make jumps for certain platforms. but even turning off sprint. It would just change the way the map plays. Just because it changes does not mean it would be bad. I would also like for that same gametype to have H2 BR starting weapons with the CE pistol as a power weapon and or have snipers and rocket launchers as power weapons. Remember we are only suggesting a weekend social playlist just like we just had Covenant Slayer. don’t like it? Don’t play it. I would bet money it would be very popular just for starting with H2 BRs.
> Every map I can think of you can move around the map pretty well without sprinting. there might be a platform here and there you might not get to, but how is that any different than prior halo games? Again , think social purely for laughs gametype. If it sucks, no big deal, don’t play again.

I agree it wouldn’t hurt to try but it still would just push people away because the game wasn’t built for it so it wouldn’t work well. I’ve tried this in customs with friends all it does it make getting perfect kills even more easy then it already is

> 2535409489305717;2:
> We have discussed this before but from Waypoint its either classic or modernized Halo.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> > 2535466620062720;1:
> > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> >
> > Simple as that.
> > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> >
> > Would this not make everyone happy?
>
>
> I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.

> 2533274799135257;5:
> > 2533274976607648;4:
> > The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo Reach came out.
>
>
> FTFY
>
> Three titles later and it has not let up nor is the idea original.

This dude basically sums up why a classic playlist in Halo 5 wouldn’t work, give it a watch, you’ll realize something.

> 2533274825101441;8:
> > 2533274981120957;6:
> > > > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> > > > Simple as that.
> > > > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> > >
> > >
> > > I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.
> >
> >
> > We can’t have an old school playlist in h5. The game mechanics are built for sprint and abilites. As much as I would love to have one too it wouldn’t work it would only be perfect kills everywhere.
>
>
> A social weekend playlist would not hurt anything. If you didn’t like it, you would not have to play it. I was thinking the match would consist of Spartan charge and ground pound turned off. But sprint might would be needed to make jumps for certain platforms. but even turning off sprint. It would just change the way the map plays. Just because it changes does not mean it would be bad. I would also like for that same gametype to have H2 BR starting weapons with the CE pistol as a power weapon and or have snipers and rocket launchers as power weapons. Remember we are only suggesting a weekend social playlist just like we just had Covenant Slayer. don’t like it? Don’t play it. I would bet money it would be very popular just for starting with H2 BRs.
> Every map I can think of you can move around the map pretty well without sprinting. there might be a platform here and there you might not get to, but how is that any different than prior halo games? Again , think social purely for laughs gametype. If it sucks, no big deal, don’t play again.

i think what he’s saying is, that certain gameplay elements in h5 won’t allow a classic halo experience with just some things removed. i think he’s talking about the increased bullet magnetism and increased aim assist to acomondate sprint and thruster in the normal h5 game mechanics.
you can remove sprint and thrusters, but you’re still stuck with the bullet magnetism and aim assist. i don’t know how big of a problem this will realy be, but i can see that kills may become way to easy and after a few matches the population would drop again.
the biggest problem of this would be, that people would just see not many players playing the playlist, but many people wouldn’t understand why.

EDIT: the video in the post before this post explains it better (i saw it after i posted), but if you don’t want to watch it, i think i covered some points of it

Yes I agree they simply need a couple of playlist that are “classic” Halo.

> 2533274793122050;11:
> > 2533274825101441;8:
> > > 2533274981120957;6:
> > > > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > > > 2535466620062720;1:
> > > > > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> > > > > Simple as that.
> > > > > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> > > > > Would this not make everyone happy?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.
> > >
> > >
> > > We can’t have an old school playlist in h5. The game mechanics are built for sprint and abilites. As much as I would love to have one too it wouldn’t work it would only be perfect kills everywhere.
> >
> >
> > A social weekend playlist would not hurt anything. If you didn’t like it, you would not have to play it. I was thinking the match would consist of Spartan charge and ground pound turned off. But sprint might would be needed to make jumps for certain platforms. but even turning off sprint. It would just change the way the map plays. Just because it changes does not mean it would be bad. I would also like for that same gametype to have H2 BR starting weapons with the CE pistol as a power weapon and or have snipers and rocket launchers as power weapons. Remember we are only suggesting a weekend social playlist just like we just had Covenant Slayer. don’t like it? Don’t play it. I would bet money it would be very popular just for starting with H2 BRs.
> > Every map I can think of you can move around the map pretty well without sprinting. there might be a platform here and there you might not get to, but how is that any different than prior halo games? Again , think social purely for laughs gametype. If it sucks, no big deal, don’t play again.
>
>
> i think what he’s saying is, that certain gameplay elements in h5 won’t allow a classic halo experience with just some things removed. i think he’s talking about the increased bullet magnetism and increased aim assist to acomondate sprint and thruster in the normal h5 game mechanics.
> you can remove sprint and thrusters, but you’re still stuck with the bullet magnetism and aim assist. i don’t know how big of a problem this will realy be, but i can see that kills may become way to easy and after a few matches the population would drop again.
> the biggest problem of this would be, that people would just see not many players playing the playlist, but many people wouldn’t understand why.
>
> EDIT: the video in the post before this post explains it better (i saw it after i posted), but if you don’t want to watch it, i think i covered some points of it

They need to balance it properly. If it was its own full-fledged mode and not just a weekend playlist I’d say they definitely need to create maps for it.

Things like bullet magnetism/aim assist, spartan abilities (including sprint), and other considerations need to be made.

> 2535406272231884;10:
> > 2535409489305717;2:
> > We have discussed this before but from Waypoint its either classic or modernized Halo.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > 2535466620062720;1:
> > > The trouble with the state of Halo 5/Halo-at-present fandom is the big debate on Spartan abilities added in to this version. I am a newcomer to the Halo franchise as Xbone is the first Xbox I’ve ever owned. I think the MP Gameplay is fantastic and there are quite a few others who think so as well. There is a pretty large faction of the community however who obviously dislike these “new features”. The trouble with the sprint/Spartan abilities debate is that it both sides are looking it as a win-lose type of conflict. Either in Halo 5 or in the potentially upcoming Halo 6 343 will supposedly have to decide to keep or remove these features. The ideal solution would be a win-win. Why can’t we have both?
> > >
> > > Simple as that.
> > > Just like we have infection/breakout/SWAT etc… Why can’t we have an ‘Old School’ arena mode? This mode would have its own maps designed specifically around the old movement types. That would be the critical part of this fix that the old school mode has its own maps.
> > >
> > > Would this not make everyone happy?
> >
> >
> > I have been asking for a “Old School” gamemode for at least a weekend playlist for a while now just to see how popular it might be. There is no reason why they could not do it. Yeah, it might change the flow of certain maps, but to that I say so what. It doesn’t hurt to see what happens.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274799135257;5:
> > > 2533274976607648;4:
> > > The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo Reach came out.
> >
> >
> > FTFY
> >
> > Three titles later and it has not let up nor is the idea original.
>
>
> I would correct you myself but I’ll let this dude do the talking.

First of all the guy in the video is incredibly annoying just to listen to.
Second, he was talking about a permanent gametype,not a social weekend TEMPORARY gametype. Which is what I am advocating.
Third. His main argument is it won’t work because of the weapons. He is basically saying that because of the weapons we would see lots of kills. Again I say, So what? Really? It has been my experience people like playing social gametypes that have lots of kills I say also We don’t need all the weapons on the maps that we currently habe on maps for the gametype to be fun.
Lastly, if you don’t like it DONT PLAY IT , ITS A TEMPORARY Gametype. Nobody is going to be hurt by this. Was anybody hurt when it was shotty snipers? What about social Snipers? What about Covenant Slayer? Did anybody get hurt there? Don’t like it? Don’t play . Why is that so hard to comprehend. IT would last but a weekend. I didn’t like Social snipers ,but I didn’t whine and scream “WE CAN’T HAVE THIS!” . No I just didn’t play it.
Don’t like don’t play it, But you don’t have to hate just because you don’t like it when it would just be temporary.

> 2533274825101441;14:
> > 2535406272231884;10:
> > > 2535409489305717;2:
> > > We have discussed this before but from Waypoint its either classic or modernized Halo.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > >
> > > > Simple as that.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274799135257;5:
> > > > 2533274976607648;4:
> > > > The request for an “old school” playlist has been active pretty much since Halo Reach came out.
> > >
> > >
> > > FTFY
> > >
> > > Three titles later and it has not let up nor is the idea original.
> >
> >
> > I would correct you myself but I’ll let this dude do the talking.
>
>
> First of all the guy in the video is incredibly annoying just to listen to.
> Second, he was talking about a permanent gametype,not a social weekend TEMPORARY gametype. Which is what I am advocating.
> Third. His main argument is it won’t work because of the weapons. He is basically saying that because of the weapons we would see lots of kills. Again I say, So what? Really? It has been my experience people like playing social gametypes that have lots of kills I say also We don’t need all the weapons on the maps that we currently habe on maps for the gametype to be fun.
> Lastly, if you don’t like it DONT PLAY IT , ITS A TEMPORARY Gametype. Nobody is going to be hurt by this. Was anybody hurt when it was shotty snipers? What about social Snipers? What about Covenant Slayer? Did anybody get hurt there? Don’t like it? Don’t play . Why is that so hard to comprehend. IT would last but a weekend. I didn’t like Social snipers ,but I didn’t whine and scream “WE CAN’T HAVE THIS!” . No I just didn’t play it.
> Don’t like don’t play it, But you don’t have to hate just because you don’t like it when it would just be temporary.

Welp, you just made all your posts on this topic irrelevant in just this one post and let me tell you why.

First off, you didn’t finish the video or even try to understand it did you? It comes down to more than just kills, the whole point of a classic playlist is to give off a classic feel and relive the multiplayer of the past. So that would make the classic playlist in Halo 5 ultimately fail cause it wouldn’t be classic, it would simply be slayer with abilities turned off and slight option tuning. Not what the fans want.

Second, it doesn’t matter if its temporary or permanent the problem still persists and it will not be a classic playlist. If you don’t understand the problems let me try to simplify it for you. Weapons are tuned to faster movement and mechanics such as thruster, ground pound, shoulder charge and sprint. As well as things such as bullet magnetism which is intense on this game, if you don’t know what that is, it is basically a feature that makes weapon bullets fired within a certain radius hit their target. Not only that but there is also aim assist in this game which makes having less movement options deadly. What I’m trying to get at is that all the Halo 5 weapons, vehicles, and armor would need to be tuned for this one playlist.

Third, thing is, not all classic fans like playing social, and then they dont like having to hope that their favorite playlist comes out that week. This will solve nothing, in fact more people will get enraged and 343 will be bashed even more as well as Halo 5.

Fourth, I’m not even going to respond. You have no reason to believe that a temporary playlist will do anything so you resort to acting as if others are simply fools who play something just so they can complain about it. I’m not gonna even tell you why those last three sentences are wrong, if you put some thought into it you’d figure it out for yourself…maybe?