Halo will remain unchallenged, once again.

Is it me, or does it seem like all these giant corporations are selling out to Microsoft? Think about it, first Bungie split ties and left them their Halo creation. Then EA drives the Mass Effect series to the ground with the imposed deadline on BioWare, forcing them into a rushed and suckish ending. Black Ops II was announced as a futuristic setting disappointing a lot of CoD fans, now this.

It seems almost like they’re wiping the slate clean of any competition for Halo, so it can prolong Microsoft’s continued monopolistic domination of the corporate videogame oligarchy. I think Halo 4 is going to outperform CODBO2 and everything else, call it intuition or a creeping feeling but it seems like Halo 4 and its sequels are just going to totally dominate the video game industry for the next 10 years.

Quite frankly, I would rather have Halo dominating than Call of Duty. That may be going for the lesser of two evils, but given the choice between Halo and Call of Duty, there is no choice. However, if Halo gets to a point where it seriously affects the creation and success a new game series of due to its own “domination,” it would become a problem. So that’s essentially how I feel about this news. As of this moment it is fairly good news for us that it is Halo (not to thrilled about the Microsoft oligarchs’ eugnicists continued domination however) and I guess this will either be good, or bad, news for you depending on how you take it. I personally say at this point it could go either way.

I find it very weird that 343i set a release date so close to Black Ops 2 now that said game may have issues down the road.

Hm.

> first Bungie split ties and left them their Halo creation.

Their contract with MS ended, what do you expect?

There’s already a thread for this

> I find it very weird that 343i set a release date so close to Black Ops 2 now that said game may have issues down the road.
>
> Hm.

Consider that Microsoft is releasing a 360 bundle that will cost only $99 with a two year monthly online subscription around that same time.

> > first Bungie split ties and left them their Halo creation.
>
> Their contract with MS ended, what do you expect?

I expect it was part of a greater agenda, being played out by powers beyond the labels and names of the current corporate entities involved therein.

…ignore…

> I find it very weird that 343i set a release date so close to Black Ops 2 now that said game may have issues down the road.
>
> Hm.

That’s the time Halo CE was released. Also it’s better for Microsoft to release it nearing christmas, knowing it will sell a lot.

> Is it me, or does it seem like all these giant corporations are selling out to Microsoft? Think about it, first Bungie split ties and left them their Halo creation. Then EA drives the Mass Effect series to the ground with the imposed deadline on BioWare, forcing them into a rushed and suckish ending. Black Ops II was announced as a futuristic setting disappointing a lot of CoD fans, now this.
>
> It seems almost like they’re wiping the slate clean of any competition for Halo, so it can prolong Microsoft’s continued monopolistic domination of the corporate videogame oligarchy. I think Halo 4 is going to outperform CODBO2 and everything else, call it intuition or a creeping feeling but it seems like Halo 4 and its sequels are just going to totally dominate the video game industry for the next 10 years.
>
> Quite frankly, I would rather have Halo dominating than Call of Duty. That may be going for the lesser of two evils, but given the choice between Halo and Call of Duty, there is no choice. However, if Halo gets to a point where it seriously affects the creation and success a new game series of due to its own “domination,” it would become a problem. So that’s essentially how I feel about this news. As of this moment it is fairly good news for us that it is Halo (not to thrilled about the Microsoft oligarchs’ eugnicists continued domination however) and I guess this will either be good, or bad, news for you depending on how you take it. I personally say at this point it could go either way.

Oh, great. A far-left nutjob.

> …ignore…

Why thank you for that touching contribution… !

> Consider that Microsoft is releasing a 360 bundle that will cost only $99 with a two year monthly online subscription around that same time.

More scam tactics to get Halo on top above all. Halo 4 is now a package deal. The Halo series always has been then again, the only thing that really got CE on top was that it was bundled with the original Xbox so it got to an audience. No surprise here…

Post from my BO2 gets cancelled thread:

> I sincerely hope that BO2 does not get cancelled.
>
> What would happen if it did? Best case scenario: 343 gets a few extra sales on Halo 4 and Activision improves its business practises (I don’t see that happening, but let me dream). Worst case scenario? Treyarch and CoD fans get burned. I’m no Call of Duty fan, but I do enjoy the single-player. The story for BO2 actually sounds really interesting and I’m really excited to try it out one day. There are a lot of people who love the CoD games more than I and they don’t deserve to have their hopes crushed because of this debacle.
>
> The public is on IW’s side. Activision screwed them and now they’re fighting back. Still, the worst thing IW can do is cancel Black Ops 2, in my opinion. It WOULD deprive Activision of A LOT of money, but that comes at the cost of snubbing the hordes of CoD fans. If the situation was reversed, this would be like if Microsoft violated contracts with Bungie and now 343 couldn’t release Halo 4. Would we be happy? Hell no. We’d be just as pissed at Bungie as we would be at Microsoft.
>
> And then there’s Treyarch. They aren’t Activision, they’re a developer just like IW was. They had their own unique spin on the CoD franchise and they came up with some cool stuff. If IW was to prevent the launch of BO2, Treyarch would be in a lot of trouble. Three years of work would vanish in a puff of smoke. They would have a polished, ready to release game collecting dust on the proverbial shelf, never to see the light of day. Suddenly, the entire company would lose their biggest money-maker. Hell, they could even lose jobs over this. I don’t want to see the company that put Canadian soldiers in Call of Duty 3 suffer over this.
>
> I’m hoping that IW would put the fans that supported them first, swallow their pride, and let IW and Treyarch release BO2.

They won’t, considering the fact EA is involved in this and is the very same company responsible for the death of Mass Effect and several other videogames. Hell, the director of EA actually came out and openly bashed Black Ops II, but he didn’t say anything about the umpteenth time as playing as the same protagonist three times in a row only to return coughcoughmasterchiefcough Because of EA’s greed, they have effectively destroyed the Mass Effect franchise, and are methodically destroying gaming to cement their masters (Microsoft) at the top of the pedestal. (See here, here, and here)

Microsoft is effectively a monopoly. Buying its way to the top since the 90’s, at which point they had the United States and European Union threatening to liquidate its stocks. Microsoft is the modern day Standard Oil.

More Intel here, here, here,and here

From the last link. (Although it was merely a rumor, an acquisition would boost Microsoft’s presence in the video game industry.) Remember this when reading this controversial information: A corporation may be an entity, but it is not like you. It does not feel pity, remorse, or compassion. It has no comprehension of morality. Its only purpose and goal and concern in life is to make money, as much money as possible even if it may be at the expense of the everyday consumer. Microsoft will continue to expand until it becomes so powerful it ends up like Standard Oil, controlling entire countries and corporations.

Now the post didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to because my computer is being a -Yoink- today so I’mndeeply sorry if it is difficult to understand…