Halo. What happened?

There was once a dream that was Halo. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish… it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Call of Halo: Modern Combat. That’s what happened…

Nothing? Still feels like halo to me.

(probably going to get smashed in several quotes telling me how wrong i am or insulting me)

> Nothing? Still feels like halo to me.
>
> (probably going to get smashed in several quotes telling me how wrong i am or insulting me)

Hey, I completely agree with you.

Heck, play Legendary Slayer, and it feels exactly what Halo felt like 6 years ago, except it has Sprint and updated graphics.

But yeah, get ready to get smashed… :confused:

> . . . (probably going to get smashed in several quotes telling me how wrong i am or insulting me)

If anyone insults or “smashes” people over their opinions, then please do let us moderators know via the Report button.

Now if people politely express their disagreement with you, then that’s fine – it’s a discussion forum, after all. And if you choose not to spend your time responding to them, then that’s fine, too. No pressure, no worries. :slight_smile:

>
> (probably going to get smashed in several quotes telling me how wrong i am or insulting me)

I’m quite glad that you enjoy Halo 4, and I must say that I envy you for it. Unfortunately, I cannot say that it feels like a Halo game to me, and I can’t stand to play more than a game or two of it before turning off my Xbox.

It felt new and fresh at first, which I absolutely adored, but I eventually came to realize that the experience that 343i gave us isn’t nearly as long-lasting or enjoyable as past Halo games.

Legendary Slayer was a great step in the right direction, but unfortunately, most of the players who would have liked such a gametype left a long time ago.

There were some parts I really like about h4, but overall it felt lacking.

Its still halo, but I enjoy playing 1 and Reach more.

I think h4 simply couldn’t be pushed back without having to be rebuilt for the Xbox One, and Microsoft wanted a halo game NOW.

Halo Reach killed Halo. Halo Reach was by far the worst in the series. Awful ideas implemented. I.E. ARMOR LOCK and armor abilities in general. Then Halo 4 expanded on garbage ideas. Making it so when you play the game it feels like it would be great but the randomness just destroys the experience.

The Halo Reach forge however was awesome. The fact that everything was grey was not as awesome.

> Halo Reach killed Halo. Halo Reach was by far the worst in the series. Awful ideas implemented. I.E. ARMOR LOCK and armor abilities in general. Then Halo 4 expanded on garbage ideas. Making it so when you play the game it feels like it would be great but the randomness just destroys the experience.
>
> The Halo Reach forge however was awesome. The fact that everything was grey was not as awesome.

Vehicle Combat-wise, I’d rather deal with just Armor Lock over PP/PG combos turning my controller off. I can learn to shoot first and then run them over.

Halo 4 has some good elements, such as loadouts allowing me to pick maps because I want that map instead of I wanting a BR due to how crappy ARs were back then. However, just about every idea that was introduced was over-done to the point that they harm the game.

If they had restrained the newer ideas, Halo 4 wouldn’t be so bad. Instead, they went overboard with them, and harmed the game as a result.

> > Halo Reach killed Halo. Halo Reach was by far the worst in the series. Awful ideas implemented. I.E. ARMOR LOCK and armor abilities in general. Then Halo 4 expanded on garbage ideas. Making it so when you play the game it feels like it would be great but the randomness just destroys the experience.
> >
> > The Halo Reach forge however was awesome. The fact that everything was grey was not as awesome.
>
> Vehicle Combat-wise, I’d rather deal with just Armor Lock over PP/PG combos turning my controller off. I can learn to shoot first and then run them over.
>
> Halo 4 has some good elements, such as loadouts allowing me to pick maps because I want that map instead of I wanting a BR due to how crappy ARs were back then. However, just about every idea that was introduced was over-done to the point that they harm the game.
>
> If they had restrained the newer ideas, Halo 4 wouldn’t be so bad. Instead, they went overboard with them, and harmed the game as a result.

If there weren’t loadouts with everybody taking PP vehicles would be much better. Halo 4 vehicles feel and sound like vehicles. In Reach I got flipped over by DMRs once. The Hog in Reach seemed to weigh only ounces. In 4 they have weight and feel powerful. Then you get tazed… :confused:

I think H4 will be fine over the winter. There will be a drop in numbers with all that is coming out, but if you really love the game then just keep playing. I think even with the bad reception that H4 received Halo in general will stand the test of time.

Halo Reach and Halo 4 happened.

They destroyed the Golden Triangle and gameplay the series was known for.

was the fat text with caps lock really needed ?

> Halo Reach and Halo 4 happened.
>
> They destroyed the Golden Triangle and gameplay the series was known for.

Except that Reach still maintained that Golden Triangle despite the added AAs. The only thing Reach annoyed me the most was bloom, AL and Jetpack. Everything else was golden. It’s H4 that’s an abomination… Promethean Vision, really? I can’t stand it when kids use this cheap method to get kills with.

> > Halo Reach and Halo 4 happened.
> >
> > They destroyed the Golden Triangle and gameplay the series was known for.
>
> Except that Reach still maintained that Golden Triangle despite the added AAs. The only thing Reach annoyed me the most was bloom, AL and Jetpack. Everything else was golden. It’s H4 that’s an abomination… Promethean Vision, really? I can’t stand it when kids use this cheap method to get kills with.

I always take promethean vision because other people always take invisibility.

>

You’re so wrong on so many levels, my friend. The 75%+ of the player-base that left disagrees. =\

> > > Halo Reach and Halo 4 happened.
> > >
> > > They destroyed the Golden Triangle and gameplay the series was known for.
> >
> > Except that Reach still maintained that Golden Triangle despite the added AAs. The only thing Reach annoyed me the most was bloom, AL and Jetpack. Everything else was golden. It’s H4 that’s an abomination… Promethean Vision, really? I can’t stand it when kids use this cheap method to get kills with.
>
> I always take promethean vision because other people always take invisibility.

Invisibility is WAAAY worse than any other AA. Sick of losers sitting in every little corner with invisibility on.

Bobby, your name seems familiar, do you also play Battlefield by any chance?

> > Halo Reach killed Halo. Halo Reach was by far the worst in the series. Awful ideas implemented. I.E. ARMOR LOCK and armor abilities in general. Then Halo 4 expanded on garbage ideas. Making it so when you play the game it feels like it would be great but the randomness just destroys the experience.
> >
> > The Halo Reach forge however was awesome. The fact that everything was grey was not as awesome.
>
> Vehicle Combat-wise, I’d rather deal with just Armor Lock over PP/PG combos turning my controller off. I can learn to shoot first and then run them over.
>
> Halo 4 has some good elements, such as loadouts allowing me to pick maps because I want that map instead of I wanting a BR due to how crappy ARs were back then. However, just about every idea that was introduced was over-done to the point that they harm the game.
>
> If they had restrained the newer ideas, Halo 4 wouldn’t be so bad. Instead, they went overboard with them, and harmed the game as a result.

It really sound like vehicle combat hasnt been done right since halo 3. Reach the banshee was pretty overpowered with its unlimited roll/flip ability, unless you had a team that could decently teamshot. vehicles were overpowered in guns, but light weight in armor. With slower movement speed and bad map design around AAs, it made foot vs vehicle quite crappy.

> > > > Halo Reach and Halo 4 happened.
> > > >
> > > > They destroyed the Golden Triangle and gameplay the series was known for.
> > >
> > > Except that Reach still maintained that Golden Triangle despite the added AAs. The only thing Reach annoyed me the most was bloom, AL and Jetpack. Everything else was golden. It’s H4 that’s an abomination… Promethean Vision, really? I can’t stand it when kids use this cheap method to get kills with.
> >
> > I always take promethean vision because other people always take invisibility.
>
> Invisibility is WAAAY worse than any other AA. Sick of losers sitting in every little corner with invisibility on.
>
> Bobby, your name seems familiar, do you also play Battlefield by any chance?

Haha yeah I do. I’m a Colonel 41 with 427 hours and 35 min logged in on BF3. :smiley:

> > Nothing? Still feels like halo to me.
> >
> > (probably going to get smashed in several quotes telling me how wrong i am or insulting me)
>
> You’re so wrong on so many levels, my friend. The 75%+ of the player-base that left disagrees. =\

I also enjoy Halo 4 for what it is. I don’t care that “75%+ of the player base that left disagrees”. 99% of the player base could disagree and I still wouldn’t care. I enjoy the game and that is all that matters. Why should it matter to me what other people think of the game?