halo weapon balance

I really feel like the dmr should be for long to mid range. The Dmr should a 5sk because it is a LONGER range weapon and you should not change how far autoaim helps but cut down the assist.

The br is for short to mid range. The br should be 4sk becasue it is a closer range weapon. It’s kill time should be faster than the dmr, but not too much.

the pistol should be a 5sk with no bloom.

plasma pistol is fine

needler needs to be toned down a tad, not too much

incineration cannon needs to be toned down, not damage, but how far that damage goes.

without the boltshot, the scattershot is balanced

bean rifle, need I say more?

The concussion rifle needs a slight damage boost too, not too much, who uses that?

The automatics should be much much less powerful than they are. The automatic weapons kill time should be slower. Autoaim not affected.

Carbine should be 7sk

light rifle should stay the same

The loadouts should be a choice of an assualt weapon and a br or dmr. The magnum, plasma pistol, lightrifle and carbine should be only on certain maps and same thing with the already balanced sniper, shotgun ect. NO saws ever. NO boltshot. How is the boltshot stronger than the scattershot, someone explain? There should be no promethian vision, no damage boost. No ordinances. Random ordinances? WTF.

This is just some of the ideas I want in the next halo but they seem unlikely. Doesn’t it make sense that the dmr is long rang and the br is short range. If you have a dmr, you engage people across the map, and if you have a br, you engage people in closer range. If you happen to choose a dmr, and someone has br and you are closer range, take out your trusty assault rifle or whatever and use that. br should be the main weapon of peoples choice. br is halo and halo is br.

I think loadouts should be human tech only. (from a realistic perspective)

I wouldn’t even care if Humans reverse-engineer the plasma pistol and plasma grenade; I just find it more enjoyable to see a realistic medium in a game.

I disagree with you on automatic rifles. If anything, I wouldn’t mind a very slight damage boost.

my thoughts on balancing the primaries:
carbine 7 shot
light rifle RRR extended to match dmr
tiny increase in bloom on dmr, like a reach TU.

bam balanced.

> bean rifle, need I say more?

Bean rifle! Most OP gun ever! Needs a nerf for sure! Worst thing since the tarp.

I agree with 343’s idea that the automatcs could use a faster kill time and further range as long as the magnatism is lowerd.

If the BR’s gonna get a buff than the automatics which are supposed to be surpirior in close range will have to get a buff too to stay on top.

As for the beam rifle I think the aim assist really needs to go down. It’s not a sniper it’s a snapshot in an ordance pod.

343’s on the right track in my opinion.

I say get rid of the Boltshot completely or remove the charge up on it. It promotes CoD style camping gameplay that is not needed in Halo. so completely get rid of the boltshot, I can remember a ton of times when I had someone killed and he ran away to hid in a corner and pulled out a boltshot and I went to finish him and he hit me with it in a corner like a…well you insert the insult. Leave the DMR as is, but make the BR a 4sk(3 to break the shield and 1 to the head to finish). Nerf all AR’s because this is not CoD, learn how to use a skill weapon or -Yoink-!!! make the Carbine a 7 shot kill(6 to break the shield, 1 headshot to finish) and improve the Pistol. Bingo old fashion Halo with none of the -Yoink- that was added for NOOBs to get kills with(OP AR’s and OP Boltshot). The only close range weapons that should be allowed is the scattershot and Shotgun…

> > bean rifle, need I say more?
>
> Bean rifle! Most OP gun ever! Needs a nerf for sure! Worst thing since the tarp.
>
> I agree with 343’s idea that the automatcs could use a faster kill time and further range as long as the magnatism is lowerd.
>
> If the BR’s gonna get a buff than the automatics which are supposed to be surpirior in close range will have to get a buff too to stay on top.
>
> As for the beam rifle I think the aim assist really needs to go down. It’s not a sniper it’s a snapshot in an ordance pod.
>
> 343’s on the right track in my opinion.

No improving AR’s. Again THIS ISN’T CoD!!!

Bean rifle?

> > > bean rifle, need I say more?
> >
> > Bean rifle! Most OP gun ever! Needs a nerf for sure! Worst thing since the tarp.
> >
> > I agree with 343’s idea that the automatcs could use a faster kill time and further range as long as the magnatism is lowerd.
> >
> > If the BR’s gonna get a buff than the automatics which are supposed to be surpirior in close range will have to get a buff too to stay on top.
> >
> > As for the beam rifle I think the aim assist really needs to go down. It’s not a sniper it’s a snapshot in an ordance pod.
> >
> > 343’s on the right track in my opinion.
>
> No improving AR’s. Again THIS ISN’T CoD!!!

And it is nothing like CoD! Useful automatics means variety of weapons you would be using and fighting against instead of always battling the same precision weapons.

> > > bean rifle, need I say more?
> >
> > Bean rifle! Most OP gun ever! Needs a nerf for sure! Worst thing since the tarp.
> >
> > I agree with 343’s idea that the automatcs could use a faster kill time and further range as long as the magnatism is lowerd.
> >
> > If the BR’s gonna get a buff than the automatics which are supposed to be surpirior in close range will have to get a buff too to stay on top.
> >
> > As for the beam rifle I think the aim assist really needs to go down. It’s not a sniper it’s a snapshot in an ordance pod.
> >
> > 343’s on the right track in my opinion.
>
> No improving AR’s. Again THIS ISN’T CoD!!!

Ouch! That hits me right in here :frowning:

That’s also a very funny thing to say since your most used weapon is the BR.

> I say get rid of the Boltshot completely or remove the charge up on it. <mark>It promotes CoD style camping gameplay that is not needed in Halo. so completely get rid of the boltshot, I can remember a ton of times when I had someone killed and he ran away to hid in a corner and pulled out a boltshot and I went to finish him and he hit me with it in a corner like a…well you insert the insult. Leave the DMR as is</mark>, but make the BR a 4sk(3 to break the shield and 1 to the head to finish). Nerf all AR’s because this is not CoD, learn how to use a skill weapon or Yoink!!! make the Carbine a 7 shot kill(6 to break the shield, 1 headshot to finish) and improve the Pistol. Bingo old fashion Halo with none of the -Yoink!- that was added for NOOBs to get kills with(OP AR’s and OP Boltshot). The only close range weapons that should be allowed is the scattershot and Shotgun…

How does the DMR not promote Call of Duty style gameplay? In CoD, most people camp with a long range rifle. It’s the easiest way to rack up killstreaks. Every time I play MW2 or BO2, I get shot in the face or back from nameless opponents I can’t even see. That’s exactly how Halo 4 BTB is. I get DMR’d from across the map. The DMR promotes un-halo like gameplay. Those people who crossmap do not use grenades or melee for entire freaking matches, which are staples of Halo. Totally agree on the Boltshot though.

Saying that those who use AR’s are (insert cuss word here) must have started playing Halo when Reach came out. Halo always had AR starts and it wasn’t until matchmaking when they made games Team BR’s. You need to brush up on your Halo history.

I read on the last Halo Bulletin that they were going to nerf the range on the DMR and buff the damage on the BR and AR. IS this true? If so, it sounds pretty good to me.