Halo: Waypoint Forums Improvements Wishlist

(GASP That was a mouthful.)

Any who, a recent thread involving a few posts by the lovely BS Angel has inspired me to start this thread.

There are several features that the Waypoint Forums lack compared to most other forums (the site is in Beta stages, but still).
> It is up to us, the Waypoint community, to suggest to 343 of the features we would like to be implemented to the forums.

Now, keep in mind that not every suggestion can or will be implemented. There’s only so much the forum team can consider and implement.

> This post will act as a collective list of the community’s wishes. As people reply and state their wishes, I’ll add them to this post in a list and, of course, credit them.
>/ I’ll start the list…

> Polls
/> Credit: Majority of the forums.
//> Polls are a useful feature for any online community. Not only do they serve as tools for the forum administration team (administrators, moderators, community helpers), they also help individual community members understand each other.

> Underline
/> Credit: Myself(?)
//> The underline HTML font style is incredibly useful for organization. There are already bold and italics font style options, it has always made me ponder why there wasn’t an underline option.

> Add Waypoint XBL App Medals to our Forum Profile.
/>**Credit: sky ace 65
__
> Last Page Button**__
/> Credit: goobot
//> Instantly jump to the last page of a selected topic.
Similar Suggestion:
> Newest (Unread) Post button
/> Instantly jump to the newest, unread post in a selected topic.

> Make Editing Easier
/> Credit: Myself (Others, probably)
//> Make the edit button more obvious. Make editing posts easier, instead of reverting back to code, everything is as it appears when you submitted the post.

> Expand Forum Profile
/> Credit: erickyboo (Others)
//> “Add Waypoint rank, games owned, et cetera. Maybe add a function to post something on their profile page. You know, more interaction with profiles.”

> Spell Check
/> Credit: Big Team Butch

> Hot Topic Side-Bar
/> Credit: CIA391
//> Have a list of recent “hot topics” off to the side in a dedicated area.

> Save Topic Function
/> Credit: CIA391

Similar Suggestion:
> Subscribe to Topic
/> Receive automated e-mail messages of replies made to topics you have subscribed to.

ability to view waypoint medal online and have them shown in our profile as well as the ability to carer compare like on the waypoint xbox APP.

this would defenitaly make the waypoint website a lot cooler and usefull

Last page button. That way i dont need to scroll through a really big thread 5 pages at a time.

I was going to think back to everything that the HWF had and this place doesn’t, but…

(Come on, guys, let’s keep coming up with ways to improve the forums.)

Make editing easier. Not only should the edit button be more obvious, editing posts themselves should be easier. When going into edit mode (now), font styles and line breaks are broken down into code and squished together. I suggest changing this so when we go into editing mode, how we submitted the post is exactly as it appears in editing. Bold words are still bold, and italics are still italics. Obviously, highlighting the latter and pressing the bold or italics buttons returns the font styles to normal.

yeah the code is annoying for a edit, defenaitely should be changed

Expand waypoint forum profile, add waypoint rank, games owned, et cetera. Maybe add a function to post something on their profile page. You know, more interaction with profiles.

> Expand waypoint forum profile, add waypoint rank, games owned, et cetera. Maybe add a function to post something on their profile page. You know, more interaction with profiles.

yay! somebody like me who wants to see rank on our profile.

> > Expand waypoint forum profile, add waypoint rank, games owned, et cetera. Maybe add a function to post something on their profile page. You know, more interaction with profiles.
>
> yay! somebody like me who wants to see rank on our profile.

Make that 3!! :smiley:

Underline is already in the forum, it just doesn’t have a button. Use the [u*]your text here[/u*] tags, without the stars.

Incorporate spell check correction into the posts.

I don’t want to bother typing out the code and muddling up my post.

Report button more visible
Credit: Liger mmmmm
Hard to see the report button, I suggested there should be one, and didn’t know it was there.

Signatures.

Make it more like B.net and I will be satisfied.

> Make it more like B.net and I will be satisfied.

That’s hardly useful. Be more specific.

A “Mark as Read” option for the boards. I’d also love to be able to log into the forum without having to mess about going into the X-Box website to log out and then get back onto these forums.

I’m using FireFox.

Well I would like two thing’s

1)A save topic function
So you can save thread that you like.

2)A hot topic area.
A side bar where you see the most posted threads in a month or so.

> A “Mark as Read” option for the boards. I’d also love to be able to log into the forum without having to mess about going into the X-Box website to log out and then get back onto these forums.
>
> I’m using FireFox.

We worked on that with the last update. Even though it’s not quite where we’d like it, hopefully you’ve at least seen some improvement with how often it’s occurring.

Our list is getting pretty lengthy.